To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Moderator T

Protesters sue Seattle, claiming they need 'expensive' protective gear to demonstrate safely

Rate this topic

Moderator T

Protesters sue Seattle, claiming they need 'expensive' protective gear to demonstrate safely

BRECK DUMAS

The Blaze

8/4/20

EXCERPT:

A group of protesters has filed a lawsuit against the city of Seattle, claiming the police department's anti-riot tactics have forced demonstrators to buy prohibitively "expensive" protective gear in order to continue to enjoy their First Amendment rights.

What are the details?

KIRO-TV reported that the suit was filed Monday "on behalf of five protesters who attended the July 25 protest on Capitol Hill that police later declared a riot, seek[ing] an order from a judge to stop the city from using controversial tactics on protesters, including blast balls and pepper spray."

"Because protestors now must purchase expensive equipment to be assured that they will be able to protest safely," the filing claims, "the indiscriminate use of weapons by [the Seattle Police Department] implicates equal protection."

It went to on say that "each of the Plaintiffs was unable to protest for a period of time for want of additional gear necessitated by SPD's unmitigated and indiscriminate tactics utilized without restraint."

(Full Story)

• Confused 1

moocow

I should sue the federal government for a billion dollars.  Twitter, FB, etc. censoring conservative speech has forced me to write costly and expensive software in order to enjoy my First Amendment rights.

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin

We've gone full retard.  Never go full retard

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Indiscriminate use of weapons? :bs:

How about Antifa's criminal behavior provoking the need for the use of any weapons in the first place? 

When are these terrorists going to finally be treated as such and start using real bullets on them?

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Severian
7 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Indiscriminate use of weapons? :bs:

How about Antifa's criminal behavior provoking the need for the use of any weapons in the first place? 

When are these terrorists going to finally be treated as such and start using real bullets on them?

Well, if I were in charge they'd need to be springing for plate armor vests. Count themselves lucky, but man, that's some chutzpah.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

Insane. I kept looking for the Babylon Bee heading...or The Onion...or Geniuses Times...

But if this isn't a parody piece, then it's nothing short of insane. These slimy bastard rioters (sorry, I'm not gonna pretend they're "peaceful protesters") should fall to their knees and thank their lucky stars I'm not in charge. If I was...well let's just say the ones in jail would be the lucky ones.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

image.png.7f58c37284add5b5025ea91aeeaddd66.png

gravelrash
7 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Insane. I kept looking for the Babylon Bee heading...or The Onion...or Geniuses Times...

But if this isn't a parody piece, then it's nothing short of insane. These slimy bastard rioters (sorry, I'm not gonna pretend they're "peaceful protesters") should fall to their knees and thank their lucky stars I'm not in charge. If I was...well let's just say the ones in jail would be the lucky ones.

<_< 

In Brutal Attack On One Of The Most Privileged People In History, Rioter Punches Self In Face

Babylon Bee | August 4th, 2020

PORTLAND, OR—An Antifa rioter was screaming about privilege this morning, when suddenly, he couldn't believe his luck: he just so happened to be standing in the proximity of one of the most privileged people in all of human history.

Not wanting to miss his opportunity to take down one of the richest, most blessed people who ever lived, the man wound up his powerful right hook and punched himself in the face.

"Die, you incredibly privileged man who enjoys more freedom, luxuries, comforts, and wealth than 99% of humans who have ever lived!" he screamed as he punched himself repeatedly. He then got out a Molotov cocktail and lit himself on fire before getting a brick and throwing it at his own face. "Down with privilege! Down with privilege!"

<snip>

Link

• Haha (+1) 3

MontyPython
2 hours ago, gravelrash said:

In Brutal Attack On One Of The Most Privileged People In History, Rioter Punches Self In Face

Babylon Bee | August 4th, 2020

PORTLAND, OR—An Antifa rioter was screaming about privilege this morning, when suddenly, he couldn't believe his luck: he just so happened to be standing in the proximity of one of the most privileged people in all of human history.

Not wanting to miss his opportunity to take down one of the richest, most blessed people who ever lived, the man wound up his powerful right hook and punched himself in the face.

"Die, you incredibly privileged man who enjoys more freedom, luxuries, comforts, and wealth than 99% of humans who have ever lived!" he screamed as he punched himself repeatedly. He then got out a Molotov cocktail and lit himself on fire before getting a brick and throwing it at his own face. "Down with privilege! Down with privilege!"

<snip>

Link

LOL

:lol: 

kestrel
18 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

We've gone full retard.  Never go full retard

Ahem..don't you mean "They" :):):)

Kestrel...

Howsithangin
2 hours ago, kestrel said:

Ahem..don't you mean "They" :):):)

Kestrel...

I was referring to the nation at large, society as a whole; i.e., the culture

But yes, I agree

kestrel
7 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

I was referring to the nation at large, society as a whole; i.e., the culture

But yes, I agree

:wave:I know you were...Just kidding around:):):)

K...

• Haha (+1) 1