MontyPython

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

AntonToo

EX8U8IbU0AAti6Y.jpg

• Disagree (-1) 4

JerryL
1 hour ago, AntonToo said:

EX8U8IbU0AAti6Y.jpg

OK.  But then if COVID is spread by peeing on someone's leg, why is a mask needed at all?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Dumb Okie
4 hours ago, AntonToo said:

EX8U8IbU0AAti6Y.jpg

Watch a stupid analogy!  It all comes back to personal responsibility. Just don’t put yourself in a position to get peed on! Take care of yourself, don’t require others to do it for you.

• Agree (+1) 2

mjperry51

Since the mask brigade started I've asked for the same evidence supporting masks as others have insisted for HCQ -- where are the extensive controlled studies that demonstrate masks work in preventing the spread of COVID? We cannot accept anecdotal evidence about HCQ, eve though it is plentiful. So why don't we hold the claims about masks held to the same standard?? Where is the intellectual consistency?

• Agree (+1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, erp said:

people don’t go around coughing on each other.

Except THEY DO, unobstructed cough can carry droplets with the virus across entire rooms. Which is exactly why you want a masks to limit the spread.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NH Populist said:

And since masks work so well, let's all wear masks on November 3rd and go to the polls and vote.... 

Masks are primarily a protection FROM YOU. If you are going to the polls, do EVERYONE ELSE a favor and wear one.

They help, but if you are very seriously concerned about your own health then mailing in a ballot is the only sure way to prevent catching Covid-19 while voting.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dumb Okie said:

Watch a stupid analogy!  It all comes back to personal responsibility. Just don’t put yourself in a position to get peed on! Take care of yourself, don’t require others to do it for you.

How do you hold a maskless covid-19 carrier accountable for infecting people around him?

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JerryL said:

OK.  But then if COVID is spread by peeing on someone's leg, why is a mask needed at all?

Because you "pee" out of your mouth and "pee droplets" travel with the air flow for many feet.

P.S. do not wear pants on your head.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

ThePatriot
8 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

How do you hold a maskless covid-19 carrier accountable for infecting people around him?

Didn't read the article did you, Einstein.

"The common man's belief that masks are effective is based in magical thinking.  More specifically, it is cargo cult thinking.  "Cargo cult" is a term used to describe the behavior anthropologists observed in Polynesia after the Second World War.  The natives called all the manufactured goods the Americans brought "cargo."  The cargo came on planes.  When the Americans abruptly left the islands, the natives mimicked the behavior of the ground crews on the runway in the belief that their actions would magically make the airplanes come back with more cargo.

The common man has seen doctors and nurses.  He has seen that doctors and nurses wear masks when working with patients.  What he has not seen is the training and discipline that doctors and nurses apply to those masks to assure that they are sterile and thereby effective.  The common man is wearing the same dirty mask in public for days, touching it and adjusting it with his unsterilized hands and laying it on the counter or shoving it in his pocket when he is done.  He might as well climb into a tree and wave palm leaves to have planes bring him cola and chocolate."

• Agree (+1) 3

AntonToo
Just now, ThePatriot said:

Didn't read the article did you, Einstein.

"The common man's belief that masks are effective is based in magical thinking.  More specifically, it is cargo cult thinking.  "Cargo cult" is a term used to describe the behavior anthropologists observed in Polynesia after the Second World War.  The natives called all the manufactured goods the Americans brought "cargo."  The cargo came on planes.  When the Americans abruptly left the islands, the natives mimicked the behavior of the ground crews on the runway in the belief that their actions would magically make the airplanes come back with more cargo.

The common man has seen doctors and nurses.  He has seen that doctors and nurses wear masks when working with patients.  What he has not seen is the training and discipline that doctors and nurses apply to those masks to assure that they are sterile and thereby effective.  The common man is wearing the same dirty mask in public for days, touching it and adjusting it with his unsterilized hands and laying it on the counter or shoving it in his pocket when he is done.  He might as well climb into a tree and wave palm leaves to have planes bring him cola and chocolate."

I suggest you review the explanation of how masks work. You don't need any training to have one on and limiting the reach of your cough droplets.

• Disagree (-1) 3

ThePatriot
Just now, AntonToo said:

I suggest you review the explanation of how masks work. You don't need any training to have one on and limiting the reach of your cough droplets.

Just as I suspected - you didn't read the article.

Keep your head buried, Anton - it's what you do best.

• Agree (+1) 3

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

Just as I suspected - you didn't read the article.

Keep your head buried, Anton - it's what you do best.

Just as I suspected you just repeat the same thing and can't meaningfully respond to the fact that masks obstruct covid-19 carrying droplet flow.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

ThePatriot
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Just as I suspected you just repeat the same thing and can't meaningfully respond to the fact that masks obstruct covid-19 carrying droplet flow.

You want to have an actual discussion?  Then read the article and we'll discuss that first.  When I am confident you actually understand the material, then we can have a discussion about your video.

Of course, we all know you don't want to have a discussion.  Face it - you're pathologically incapable of honest discourse.  Then again, here's your chance to prove me wrong (something you've never been able to accomplish in over 10 years) - read the article and let's discuss it - if you've got the guts.

Edited by ThePatriot
  • Agree (+1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
Just now, ThePatriot said:

You want to have an actual discussion?  Then read the article and we'll discuss that first.  When I am confident you actually understand the material, then we can have a discussion about your video.

Of course, we all know you don't want to have a discussion.  Face it - you're pathologically incapable of honest discourse.  Then again, here's your chance to prove me wrong (something you've never been able to accomplish is over 10 years) - read the article and let's discuss it - if you've got the guts.

There you go again.

Fact: masks obstruct covid-19 carrying droplet flow.

Maybe in your next post you can address it.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Holland25
37 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Except THEY DO, unobstructed cough can carry droplets with the virus across entire rooms. Which is exactly why you want a masks to limit the spread.

You are offering this picture as evidence. This is a joke. You would have us believe that no one covers the sneeze and everyone is full of mucus that shoots all over the place. Masks are a joke. I have 3 nursing degrees and a graduate teaching degree. I know what I am talking about. Transmission is inevitable for everyone. You can't stop it and most people have already been exposed. We know why sheep like you think we should wear a mask. It is an emotional reaction not a scientific one. I see stupid people walking all alone in rural places wearing mask. No idea what they are doing. If you think every bit of air in contaminated with covid virus what happens when you take the mask off?

• Agree (+1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Holland25 said:

You are offering this picture as evidence. 

It's a video that discusses at lengh how the masks work.

Do you have Alzhimer's maybe?

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

mjperry51
1 minute ago, AntonToo said:

It's a video.

Do you have Alzhimer's maybe?

Dodge. . .

• Agree (+1) 2

BootsieBets
11 hours ago, AntonToo said:

EX8U8IbU0AAti6Y.jpg

Urine and virus particles are in no way the same.  In fact, bacteria particles and virus particles are not the same, and bacteria is the reason surgeons wear masks when they are doing surgery or treating patients.  Bacteria is 0.03 microns, virus particles are 0.005 microns.  Major difference.   So, if you p!ss in the wind, then, yes, you would spread pee on the air.  But I would suggest you definitely wear pants, but also don’t pee in public.

• Haha (+1) 2

AntonToo
2 hours ago, BootsieBets said:

Urine and virus particles are in no way the same.  In fact, bacteria particles and virus particles are not the same, and bacteria is the reason surgeons wear masks when they are doing surgery or treating patients.  Bacteria is 0.03 microns, virus particles are 0.005 microns.  Major difference.   So, if you p!ss in the wind, then, yes, you would spread pee on the air.  But I would suggest you definitely wear pants, but also don’t pee in public.

Pissing in the storm grade wind, from 5-6 feet above ground is what droplets traveling with your cough looks like

Masks obstruct that covid-19 carrying droplet flow, limiting their reach.

Calling that simple to understand mechanism as "magical thinking" is just silly.

• Disagree (-1) 3

kestrel
1 hour ago, AntonToo said:

Anecdotal Where the science? Where's the double blind properly diagrammed testing procedure?  No?..That's what I thought!..Now back to the Basement before someone calls CPS on you.

Kestrel...

• Haha (+1) 2