RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Masks as magical thinking

Rate this topic

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
Just now, kestrel said:

Anecdotal Where the science? Where's the double blind properly diagrammed testing procedure?  No?..That's what I thought!..Now back to the Basement before someone calls CPS on you.

Kestrel...

You don't understand the science of simple cough droplet travel mechanism?

Maybe you need to watch the video again, turn on your brain this time.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 4

kestrel
1 hour ago, AntonToo said:

Because you "pee" out of your mouth and "pee droplets" travel with the air flow for many feet.

P.S. do not wear pants on your head.

Speak for yourself although in your case I'm afraid that what your spewing out of your mouth (figuratively speaking) are feces rather than urine BACK to the basement Chump..Mom's coming home soon..did you cut the grass like she told you?

Kestrel...

• Haha (+1) 2

ThePatriot

There you go again.

Fact: masks obstruct covid-19 carrying droplet flow.

Maybe in your next post you can address it.

And once again my prognostication skills are proven accurate as you cowardly dodge discussing the article of this thread, which of course, you haven't read.

You're a predictable, pathetic coward and a waste of everyone's time. 

• Agree (+1) 2

kestrel
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

You don't understand the science of simple cough droplet travel mechanism?

Maybe you need to watch the video again, turn on your brain this time.

You don't understand the science of of your apparent mental deficiencies (well she did drop you on your head a few ,(well more that a few) times and are not desirous or capable of  any kind of rational thought due to incipient Brain Trauma that is due to extreme Cranial Rectal Defilade  (CRD)...But really though that's all the attention you are allowed from rational beings this week..see ya next thur's..BTW Did you get Mom's lawn mowed yet?

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel
dealing with a very simple mind with Antoon
  • Haha (+1) 2

Dumb Okie

How do you hold a maskless covid-19 carrier accountable for infecting people around him?

If you’re looking out for yourself, you won’t get in position to be infected. So I’m not concerned about an infected person. 

• Agree (+1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, kestrel said:

You don't understand the science of of your apparent mental deficiencies (well she did drop you on your head a few ,(well more that a few) times and are not desirous or capable of  any kind of rational thought due to incipient Brain Trauma that is due to extreme Cranial Rectal Defilade  (CRD)...But really though that's all the attention you are allowed from rational beings this week..see ya next thur's..BTW Did you get Mom's lawn mowed yet?

Kestrel...

Thats a lot of words to say nothing at all.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dumb Okie said:

If you’re looking out for yourself, you won’t get in position to be infected. So I’m not concerned about an infected person. 

Someone coughs a few feet from you at a store. How do you "look out" for yourself?

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

Dumb Okie
3 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Someone coughs a few feet from you at a store. How do you "look out" for yourself?

What can I say, I’m good. Somehow I’ve managed to stay healthy through this whole stinking thing. Without a mask! If you don’t know how to watch out for yourself by now, I can’t help you. 

• Agree (+1) 1

NH Populist
2 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Masks are primarily a protection FROM YOU. If you are going to the polls, do EVERYONE ELSE a favor and wear one.

They help, but if you are very seriously concerned about your own health then mailing in a ballot is the only sure way to prevent catching Covid-19 while voting.

Seriously?! Lol  Can't have it both ways there Cupcake, either masks work to stop the spread of the virus, or they don't.  And since you believe they do, except when Americans go to the polls to vote, it sort' a wrecks your credibility, doesn't it?!

• Agree (+1) 2

Tikk
8 minutes ago, NH Populist said:

Seriously?! Lol  Can't have it both ways there Cupcake, either masks work to stop the spread of the virus, or they don't.  And since you believe they do, except when Americans go to the polls to vote, it sort' a wrecks your credibility, doesn't it?!

They don't stop the spread.  They prevent it.  You do realize that there is a middle ground, right?  And masks do prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 3

NH Populist
52 minutes ago, Tikk said:

They don't stop the spread.  They prevent it.  You do realize that there is a middle ground, right?  And masks do prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

The point I'm trying to make has to do with the Left's push for mail-in voting, it's obvious they'd rather we all stay home because of the risks posed by the virus while they mail ballots out by the millions, even to states with less than a million voters.  Lots of potential to cheat, not that they'd even consider such a thing though, right?! 

• Agree (+1) 2

grimreefer

So instead of releasing prisoners en masse to protect them from The Rona they could've just issued them all masks? :o

• Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
9 hours ago, mjperry51 said:

Since the mask brigade started I've asked for the same evidence supporting masks as others have insisted for HCQ -- where are the extensive controlled studies that demonstrate masks work in preventing the spread of COVID? We cannot accept anecdotal evidence about HCQ, eve though it is plentiful. So why don't we hold the claims about masks held to the same standard?? Where is the intellectual consistency?

At the beginning of all this, with CID-19 still NEW, I posted a number of legit studies from the prior Flu season showing that EITHER an N95 or Surgical mask is about 50% effective in preventing the aerosolized/particulated spread of flu-like virus which would include COVID-19.

That was then, this is now, and a number have sites have posted good lists of similar more recent studies. A good reasonably current list is maintained by the (Red State)Alaska Dep't of Health and Human Services (Mike Dunleavy (R ), Governor 😞

DHSS.Alaska.gov: COVID-19: How effective are masks?

Beyond that, the positions of other "Red" states:

Georgia Dep't of Public Health (Brian Kemp (R), Governor): Georgia OEMS COVID-19 Guidance for First Responders (EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement)

Florida Atlantic University, School of Engineering: Seeing is Believing: Effectiveness of Facemasks

Ch 6 South Florida: Florida Surgeon General RECOMMENDS People Wear Masks in Public Following Spike in Coronavirus Cases. (As in GA, Recommends not requires).

I could go on, but why bother? There are those here on RN and other similar sites that become contortionists bending over to cherry pick the one or two studies (from among hundreds) that conclusively "prove" that the earth is still flat.

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, on your own time what do I care ?   But you won't get in the doors of the Smithee Organization without one.

Free-Coronavirus-Downloadable-Template-1

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot
5 hours ago, Tikk said:

Can we agree that that the use of masks in the US has not prevented the spread of the virus?  Not because the proper use of the proper masks don't work, but because most people have not been trained in their use and most people don't have the proper mask.

If what I just said is true (and I think it is) then the masks most Americans are using are the wrong ones and they're using them improperly.  And that means the act of just "wearing a mask" really isn't doing anything to prevent the spread of the virus and accounts for the fact that it's still spreading.

The best solution is herd immunity, and God willing, we're there or we'll be there soon.

zipndun

Why are mask wearers, still cussing non mask wearers 6 months later? Shouldn't all the non mask wearers be dead by know?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Tikk
7 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

Can we agree that that the use of masks in the US has not prevented the spread of the virus?  Not because the proper use of the proper masks don't work, but because most people have not been trained in their use and most people don't have the proper mask.

If what I just said is true (and I think it is) then the masks most Americans are using are the wrong ones and they're using them improperly.  And that means the act of just "wearing a mask" really isn't doing anything to prevent the spread of the virus and accounts for the fact that it's still spreading.

The best solution is herd immunity, and God willing, we're there or we'll be there soon.

Oh I can certainly agree with that.  People with their nose exposed is a dead giveaway, and makes the masks useless.

Hindsight being 20/20; the best option would have been to just lock down vulnerable populations.  But there were so many unknown variables in the beginning, that Monday morning quarterbacking is as helpful as an exposed nose.

So I can forgive Fauci and Birx for being fallible.

JerryL
45 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

That is how it is here in PI.  Masks are required, but in reallty, that is not what is happening.  They are enforcing "face covering."  It can be a bandana, a dust mask, a HEPA respirator, or any piece of cloth you find in your house that you sew ear straps on.  

It may surprise the Kartoon Karacter, but I wear one when out and don't even bitch about it.  It is the rule here in Manila and, as a pretty sanitary individual, it is at least not doing me any harm.  If it makes others feel good and/or safe as well, ok.  

JerryL
9 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Because you "pee" out of your mouth and "pee droplets" travel with the air flow for many feet.

P.S. do not wear pants on your head.

So when you cough or sneeze, a stream of liquid shoots out of your mouth under pressure?  You are even more damaged than I thought.

• Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

At the beginning of all this, with CID-19 still NEW, I posted a number of legit studies from the prior Flu season showing that EITHER an N95 or Surgical mask is about 50% effective in preventing the aerosolized/particulated spread of flu-like virus which would include COVID-19.

That was then, this is now, and a number have sites have posted good lists of similar more recent studies. A good reasonably current list is maintained by the (Red State)Alaska Dep't of Health and Human Services (Mike Dunleavy (R ), Governor 😞

DHSS.Alaska.gov: COVID-19: How effective are masks?

Beyond that, the positions of other "Red" states:

Georgia Dep't of Public Health (Brian Kemp (R), Governor): Georgia OEMS COVID-19 Guidance for First Responders (EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement)

Florida Atlantic University, School of Engineering: Seeing is Believing: Effectiveness of Facemasks

Ch 6 South Florida: Florida Surgeon General RECOMMENDS People Wear Masks in Public Following Spike in Coronavirus Cases. (As in GA, Recommends not requires).

I could go on, but why bother? There are those here on RN and other similar sites that become contortionists bending over to cherry pick the one or two studies (from among hundreds) that conclusively "prove" that the earth is still flat.

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, on your own time what do I care ?   But you won't get in the doors of the Smithee Organization without one.

Free-Coronavirus-Downloadable-Template-1

What I don’t understand is how matters of basic medical science is made into a political issue on the right.

I can’t think of stuff like that coming from the left.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2

zurg
3 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

What I don’t understand is how matters of basic medical science is made into a political issue on the right.

Oh, I can: AGW. 

• Haha (+1) 2

JerryL
21 minutes ago, zurg said:

Hydrochloriquine

Gender dysphoria

Dehumanization of the human fetus...

LeansToTheRight
3 hours ago, AntonToo said:

If someone doesn’t have the virus, how does them wearing a mask stop them from spreading a virus they don’t have?

• Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
5 hours ago, zurg said:

AGW is basic medical science?

• Disagree (-1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JerryL said:

Hydrochloriquine

Gender dysphoria

Funny you bring that up, as HCQ has so far been yet another example of rightwingers denying basic medical science.

HCQ, according to serious studies, does not work against covid-19 as either treatment or prophylactic. FDA has revoked it's emergency use authorization of HCQ almost two months ago.

There is only one narrow not-yet completely counter to science use of HCQ in combination with zinc and etc in very early stages of infection. There are studies pending on that...but even if that narrow scenario pans out, if it takes a week for your Covid test to come back this cocktail is of very limted use.

Niether "Gender dysphoria" nor "Dehumanization of the human fetus..." are matters of basic medical science.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 1

MontyPython
13 hours ago, AntonToo said:

:thud: 

13 hours ago, zurg said:

13 hours ago, JerryL said:

Hydrochloriquine

Gender dysphoria

:2up: 

• Agree (+1) 1