To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Masks as magical thinking

Rate this topic

MontyPython
7 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Niether "Gender dysphoria" nor "Dehumanization of the human fetus..." are matters of basic medical science.

:woot:

Even though the rest of your post was stupid too, this part deserves special attention, LOL

Sorry, but the SCIENTIFIC FACT that there are only two genders (well OK three if you include hermaphrodites) and the SCIENTIFIC FACT that human fetuses are LIVING HUMANS are both under constant denial by leftists. They are indisputably matters of basic medical science. Period. Only a mindless moron could deny anything so conspicuously true, and leftists deny them both.

B)

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot
8 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Funny you bring that up, as HCQ has so far been yet another example of rightwingers denying basic medical science.

HCQ, according to serious studies, does not work against covid-19 as either treatment or prophylactic. FDA has revoked it's emergency use authorization of HCQ almost two months ago.

There is only one narrow not-yet completely counter to science use of HCQ in combination with zinc and etc in very early stages of infection. There are studies pending on that...but even if that narrow scenario pans out, if it takes a week for your Covid test to come back this cocktail is of very limted use.

Niether "Gender dysphoria" nor "Dehumanization of the human fetus..." are matters of basic medical science.

Do you ever get tired of getting beaten like a mule?

EXCLUSIVE: Hidden FDA Doc Explains Why “Liar” Fauci Opposes Hydroxychloroquine, Top Doctors Explain

<snip>

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, who authored a study on the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, outlined the medical establishment’s campaign against the drug on the War Room: Pandemic show.

He emphasized that Dr. Fauci has “lied to the American people” by insisting that authorizing a treatment for COVID-19 rests on “controlled trials to get anything through the FDA.”

“That is not true. That has never been the historical precedent and almost no other medication has ever had to meet those standards,” Dr. Zelenko continued.

<snip>

LINK

• Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

SCIENTIFIC FACT that human fetuses are LIVING HUMANS

If you will participate in such silly word playing, then you fundamentally do not understand the SUBSTANCE of what the abortion debate is even about.

It's not a scietific fact that a fetus (or a zygote) is a PERSON, with PERSONAL rights. There are scientific facts about stages of development but it fundamentally can't define personhood and can't balance mother's rights vs those of the fetus.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Sorry, but the SCIENTIFIC FACT that there are only two genders (well OK three if you include hermaphrodites)

?? Gender dysphoria is not about how many genders there are.

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 1

grimreefer

NSFW (Language)

• Haha (+1) 1

Moderator T
On 8/6/2020 at 7:51 AM, mjperry51 said:

Since the mask brigade started I've asked for the same evidence supporting masks as others have insisted for HCQ -- where are the extensive controlled studies that demonstrate masks work in preventing the spread of COVID? We cannot accept anecdotal evidence about HCQ, eve though it is plentiful. So why don't we hold the claims about masks held to the same standard?? Where is the intellectual consistency?

Some studies:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2#Sec3

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342198360_Association_of_country-wide_coronavirus_mortality_with_demographics_testing_lockdowns_and_public_wearing_of_masks_Update_June_15_2020

http://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf

As for the consistency and standard, the things in question are not the same.  Ingesting the wrong medication has the potential to harm your body.  Wearing a mask that is unneeded, barring having a severe preexisting breathing related illness, has the potential to make you look silly at worst.

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
On 8/6/2020 at 1:28 AM, AntonToo said:

EX8U8IbU0AAti6Y.jpg

Yeah that's how a simpleton would explain it .I went to 2 stores today. 2 had a mask policy one did not. In all 3 stores there were no more than 5 people in the entirety of all the stores. So that means in the store that normally had a capacity of 53 they allowed in only 9 customers + 2 employees. That means we had ample space to avoid each other. That was a gamestop. The second store was a book store. Massive building. 8 people in there counting me and the employees. Again no one near me ever. Able to steer away from anyone that I chose. The third one was a best buy. At the time no more than 7 people I could count, again ample space to avoid anyone.

Wearing a mask in these conditions is about as stupid as wearing one in your car with the windows up while driving alone. But then again you do act a lot like the Polynesian's in the piece. All religion and no thought process to understand WHY you do something.

As a LEO, the policy is wear a mask when you cannot distance INSIDE, or if you are in a crowded place OUTSIDE, or with a known patient, or when transporting. When I have had to go into a house I haven't had time to get that idiot mask, so meh do what you always do.

I am more worried about getting Hep, Tuberculosis, HIV and other real killing diseases when coming into contact with these nasty meth heads. I don't give a damn about your new religion. 

• Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Yeah that's how a simpleton would explain it .

You have it backwards. Thats how you explain it in most simple form, to be digestible by even the lowest of denominators.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
On 8/6/2020 at 8:00 AM, NH Populist said:

And since masks work so well, let's all wear masks on November 3rd and go to the polls and vote.... 

Oh come on now, you can't do that!!! That puts us all at risk of another 4 years of Trump! I can't wait for November 4th when Groundhog Joe saunters out of his bunker, sees his shadow and runs back to the bunker declaring "OH NOW you DOG FACE PONY SOLDIER!!! ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF TRUMP!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
On 8/6/2020 at 9:32 AM, AntonToo said:

How do you hold a maskless covid-19 carrier accountable for infecting people around him?

Do you hold someone accountable for spreading AIDS?

• Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Do you hold someone accountable for spreading AIDS?

The answer is no and AIDS is not airborne last I checked.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
On 8/6/2020 at 11:30 AM, AntonToo said:

Someone coughs a few feet from you at a store. How do you "look out" for yourself?

Just how little of this do you believe you need to get in order to get infected?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242846836.html

Now, experts are dipping their toes in an idea that isn’t particularly new in the infectious disease community, but that lacks sufficient research surrounding the novel coronavirus — the longer a person remains in a contaminated environment, the more likely they are to get sick with COVID-19, the disease the virus causes, and in some cases, the worse their illness can become.

“The longer time you spend in that environment — so minutes or hours in there — the more virus you breathe in, the more it can build up and then establish infection,” Erin Bromage, a comparative immunologist and biology professor at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, told CNN. He wrote about the concept in a blog post earlier this month.

“So it’s always a balance of exposure and time,” he told CNN. “If you get a high level of exposure, it’s a short time (to infection, and if you get a) low level of exposure, it’s a longer time before that infection can establish.”

I will make this big so even you can read it and understand it.

Duration of exposure matters because the longer someone is coughing, sneezing, talking or even breathing in a closed environment, the higher the viral load in the area.

Key word there being CLOSED ENVIRONMENT, not in some massive department store with air conditioning. CLOSED ROOM as in what doctors dealing with this were exposed to. Deal with people out side you have a much less chance of getting this crap.

zurg
12 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

You have it backwards. Thats how you explain it in most simple form, to be digestible by even the lowest of denominators.

That's why you think you understood it?

Taggart Transcontinental
On 8/6/2020 at 5:35 PM, Dean Adam Smithee said:

At the beginning of all this, with CID-19 still NEW, I posted a number of legit studies from the prior Flu season showing that EITHER an N95 or Surgical mask is about 50% effective in preventing the aerosolized/particulated spread of flu-like virus which would include COVID-19.

That was then, this is now, and a number have sites have posted good lists of similar more recent studies. A good reasonably current list is maintained by the (Red State)Alaska Dep't of Health and Human Services (Mike Dunleavy (R ), Governor 😞

DHSS.Alaska.gov: COVID-19: How effective are masks?

Beyond that, the positions of other "Red" states:

Georgia Dep't of Public Health (Brian Kemp (R), Governor): Georgia OEMS COVID-19 Guidance for First Responders (EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement)

Florida Atlantic University, School of Engineering: Seeing is Believing: Effectiveness of Facemasks

Ch 6 South Florida: Florida Surgeon General RECOMMENDS People Wear Masks in Public Following Spike in Coronavirus Cases. (As in GA, Recommends not requires).

I could go on, but why bother? There are those here on RN and other similar sites that become contortionists bending over to cherry pick the one or two studies (from among hundreds) that conclusively "prove" that the earth is still flat.

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, on your own time what do I care ?   But you won't get in the doors of the Smithee Organization without one.

Free-Coronavirus-Downloadable-Template-1

That's why I will walk past organizations with this idiot sign on the door. I will keep my money and you can go broke. Fear is the enemy not the virus.

• Best Post (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
21 hours ago, AntonToo said:

What I don’t understand is how matters of basic medical science is made into a political issue on the right.

I can’t think of stuff like that coming from the left.

Yeah you mean basic science like HCQ adjusting the Ph balance of cells to allow in Zinc which inhibits the replication of the Rona RNA? You mean science like that? Or do you mean the "proven science" of the fact that taking HCQ will KILL YOU!!!!!!!!

Funny I took it in Iraq for almost 3 years and must have woke up dead or something since I am still here. Also took it in the summer months in Kosovo as a placebo for some of the crap they had there, but hey, what would a Soldier know other than the damn pill was required daily the entire time I was in that location.

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Yeah you mean basic science like HCQ adjusting the Ph balance of cells

Did you know that adjusting PH balance does not require HCQ? There are much safer alternatives, so if thats your narrow goal then you are doing it all wrong.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
15 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Funny you bring that up, as HCQ has so far been yet another example of rightwingers denying basic medical science.

HCQ, according to serious studies, does not work against covid-19 as either treatment or prophylactic. FDA has revoked it's emergency use authorization of HCQ almost two months ago.

There is only one narrow not-yet completely counter to science use of HCQ in combination with zinc and etc in very early stages of infection. There are studies pending on that...but even if that narrow scenario pans out, if it takes a week for your Covid test to come back this cocktail is of very limted use.

Serious studies? You mean studies that gave it to dying patients to see if it would stop the cascade of failures in their organs? Those studies? What about Taiwan and South Korea? They used it to great success. But hey I guess they didn't get the documents in the proper medical journals since they were instead intending to save lives. You see double blind studies will kill people. Do you want to volunteer to be in a placebo study in the future?

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Serious studies? 

Yes serious studies. 

If you feel like there was a serious study out of Taiwan and South Korea then lets see them.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 1

zurg
Just now, AntonToo said:

Yes serious studies. 

If you feel like there was a serious (read double blind) study out of Taiwan and South Korea then lets see them.

You avoided this thread like the plague:

Here's the original study:

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study#.Xv42C52QIRw.twitter

And here's another reference to it:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/07/03/michigan-hydroxychloroquine-study-shows-significant-benefit-for-treatment-media-shocked/#more-195959

The study analyzed 2,541 patients hospitalized among the system’s six hospitals between March 10 and May 2 and found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine died while 26% of those who did not receive the drug died.

“A new study came out from Henry Ford hospital system that shows that if we take the medicine hydroxychloroquine In early treatment, we can observe a more than 50% reduction in mortality, without any adverse effects.”

“Now what, what, practically, that means is that if we had been using hydroxychloroquine at the very beginning, we could have saved 10s of thousands of lives already. And moving forward If hydroxychloroquine is used under the advice of the physician in early treatment, this study suggests that we could save hundreds of thousands of American lives over time and perhaps millions worldwide.”

“And the same day that that came out, a similar study came out from Mount Sinai Hospital system, which had a similar conclusion that hydroxychloroquine basically lowers the mortality rate.”

Taggart Transcontinental
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

The answer is no and AIDS is not airborne last I checked.

May not be airborne but having unprotected sex with someone infected even when you are not aware is still spreading a disease. Maybe we should hold all those gay men accountable for spreading it because they refuse to wear a condom?

You know a condom is kind of like a little mask for your little friend down there.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental

LeansToTheRight

If someone doesn’t have to pee, them wearing pants won’t prevent them from peeing on someone else.  If someone does not have coronavirus, how does a mask help prevent the spread?

MontyPython

If you will participate in such silly word playing, then you fundamentally do not understand the SUBSTANCE of what the abortion debate is even about.

It's not a scietific fact that a fetus (or a zygote) is a PERSON, with PERSONAL rights. There are scientific facts about stages of development but it fundamentally can't define personhood and can't balance mother's rights vs those of the fetus.

"silly word playing"??? Is a human fetus a buffalo? A fish? An apple? No of course not. It's A PERSON...a HUMAN person...and only the utterly retarded or those deliberately ignoring basic medical science could suggest otherwise.

:nuts: 

Natural Selection

By the same logic, I should be able to stomp on a Monarch Caterpillar, without remorse, because it hasn't reached it's final stage of development into a Monarch Butterfly.

monarch.gif

Life starts when the fire is lit and ends when the fire goes out. There are no stages of development along the timeline where it is morally acceptable to end a being's life without it's consent.

grimreefer

small.104474535_3620606707968725_1355267

• Agree (+1) 1