To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Masks as magical thinking

Rate this topic

RedSoloCup
On 8/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, AntonToo said:

Except THEY DO, unobstructed cough can carry droplets with the virus across entire rooms. Which is exactly why you want a masks to limit the spread.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:28 AM, AntonToo said:

Masks are primarily a protection FROM YOU. If you are going to the polls, do EVERYONE ELSE a favor and wear one.

They help, but if you are very seriously concerned about your own health then mailing in a ballot is the only sure way to prevent catching Covid-19 while voting.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:32 AM, AntonToo said:

How do you hold a maskless covid-19 carrier accountable for infecting people around him?

On 8/6/2020 at 9:35 AM, AntonToo said:

Because you "pee" out of your mouth and "pee droplets" travel with the air flow for many feet.

P.S. do not wear pants on your head.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:45 AM, AntonToo said:

I suggest you review the explanation of how masks work. You don't need any training to have one on and limiting the reach of your cough droplets.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, AntonToo said:

Just as I suspected you just repeat the same thing and can't meaningfully respond to the fact that masks obstruct covid-19 carrying droplet flow.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:00 AM, AntonToo said:

There you go again.

Fact: masks obstruct covid-19 carrying droplet flow.

Maybe in your next post you can address it.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:19 AM, AntonToo said:

It's a video that discusses at lengh how the masks work.

Do you have Alzhimer's maybe?

On 8/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, AntonToo said:

Pissing in the storm grade wind, from 5-6 feet above ground is what droplets traveling with your cough looks like

Masks obstruct that covid-19 carrying droplet flow, limiting their reach.

Calling that simple to understand mechanism as "magical thinking" is just silly.

:yawn:

No one cares,  Dr. Detroit. 

Joe the Pagan
On 8/6/2020 at 2:28 AM, AntonToo said:

EX8U8IbU0AAti6Y.jpg

44hgrb.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 8/6/2020 at 11:02 AM, AntonToo said:

You don't understand the science of simple cough droplet travel mechanism?

Maybe you need to watch the video again, turn on your brain this time.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:28 AM, AntonToo said:

Thats a lot of words to say nothing at all.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:30 AM, AntonToo said:

Someone coughs a few feet from you at a store. How do you "look out" for yourself?

On 8/6/2020 at 11:54 PM, AntonToo said:

What I don’t understand is how matters of basic medical science is made into a political issue on the right.

I can’t think of stuff like that coming from the left.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:55 AM, AntonToo said:

Funny you bring that up, as HCQ has so far been yet another example of rightwingers denying basic medical science.

HCQ, according to serious studies, does not work against covid-19 as either treatment or prophylactic. FDA has revoked it's emergency use authorization of HCQ almost two months ago.

There is only one narrow not-yet completely counter to science use of HCQ in combination with zinc and etc in very early stages of infection. There are studies pending on that...but even if that narrow scenario pans out, if it takes a week for your Covid test to come back this cocktail is of very limted use.

Niether "Gender dysphoria" nor "Dehumanization of the human fetus..." are matters of basic medical science.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, AntonToo said:

?? Gender dysphoria is not about how many genders there are.

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

On 8/7/2020 at 5:10 PM, AntonToo said:

If you will participate in such silly word playing, then you fundamentally do not understand the SUBSTANCE of what the abortion debate is even about.

It's not a scietific fact that a fetus (or a zygote) is a PERSON, with PERSONAL rights. There are scientific facts about stages of development but it fundamentally can't define personhood and can't balance mother's rights vs those of the fetus.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:29 PM, AntonToo said:

You have it backwards. Thats how you explain it in most simple form, to be digestible by even the lowest of denominators.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:35 PM, AntonToo said:

The answer is no and AIDS is not airborne last I checked.

:yawn:

On 8/7/2020 at 9:42 PM, Taggart Transcontinental said:

That's why I will walk past organizations with this idiot sign on the door. I will keep my money and you can go broke. Fear is the enemy not the virus.

:exactly:

LeansToTheRight
5 minutes ago, Joe the Pagan said:

44hgrb.jpg

Haha!!  That’s great!

• Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
10 hours ago, AntonToo said:

My genetics are fine, but as usual your stupid assertions are at direct odds with easily checked reality. Let me introduce you to it now:

You don't even realize that the word is spelled irrelevant.  You highlight my claim of "stupid assertions" with not one, BUT THREE examples of where you misspell the word.  Not only that, but three misspellings exactly as I had pointed out.  

You can't make this <censored> up.

• Agree (+1) 1