To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

When Washington Classrooms Reopen, They’ll Favor ‘Students Furthest From Educational Justice’ and ‘Students of Color’

Rate this topic

Howsithangin

When Washington Classrooms Reopen, They’ll Favor ‘Students Furthest From Educational Justice’ and ‘Students of Color’

Redstate; Posted at 5:45 pm on July 10, 2020 by Alex Parker

As schools gradually reopen, which kids deserve priority over others? Or should there be such a thing? The state of Washington believes so. The public school system’s released a program to get kids back in class, but it’s picking and choosing who should return based on their status in the culture’s new hierarchy of importance.

According to the plan, “students furthest from educational justice” — as well as “students of color” — will be given priority for face-to-face education.

As reported by The Post Millennial, the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction has released the document “Reopening Washington Schools 2020,” which promotes a “phased-in” approach expecting “that districts will prioritize face-to-face instruction.” Among priorities for who receives such: “Serve all elementary students first.”

And also: “Serve students furthest from educational justice first, including students with disabilities, English learners, students experiencing homelessness, students experiencing poverty, students of color, and other student groups.”

It seems they might’ve saved time by pointing out which group won’t be given priority.

In Superintendent Chris Reykdal’s introductory letter, he explains the new arrangement “was influenced by the civil unrest across the country in response to overt racial injustice and inequality.”

To hear Chris tell it, teachers have a higher calling than teaching:

“We are educators. We know that despite real progress, educational systems and institutions continue to contribute to racial inequality and injustice. We know that we have a much higher responsibility than teaching content in classrooms. We know that each of us owns a piece of injustice. We have an opportunity in the reopening of our schools to take another step forward in what must be a lifetime of energy toward a more just world.”

The layout also includes an “Equity Statement.” Here’s a piece:

“Ensuring educational equity goes beyond equality. It requires education leaders to examine the ways current policies and practices result in disparate outcomes for our students of color, students living in poverty, students receiving special education and English Learner services, students who identify as LGBTQ+, and highly mobile student populations.”

“The impacts of fear, hatred, and systemic and structural racism within institutions cannot be ignored, and they yield tragic outcomes. Washington’s public education system must engage in anti-racist capacity building, leadership, and resource allocation. Dismantling systemically racist structures will make progress on inclusivity and will better serve students of color, students with disabilities, students who are English learners, students who are migratory, students experiencing homelessness, students in foster care, students experiencing intergenerational poverty, and students who identify as LGBTQ+.”

<snip>

The crew’s set on making sure even math isn’t so racist. 

Led by Superintendent Chris Reykdal, OSPI is the primary agency charged with overseeing public K–12 education in Washington state. 

"Origins, Identity and Agency, as defined by ethnic studies, is the ways in which we view ourselves as mathematicians and members of broader mathematical communities. Mathematical theory and application is rooted in the ancient histories of people and empires of color. All human endeavors include mathematical thinking; from humanities to the arts to the sciences.

Power and oppression, as defined by ethnic studies, are the ways in which individuals and groups define mathematical knowledge so as to see “Western” mathematics as the only legitimate expression of mathematical identity and intelligence. This definition of legitimacy is then used to disenfranchise people and communities of color. This erases the historical contributions of people and communities of color."

<snip>

LINK

So based upon what I'm reading, white kids, who will be admitted last, will have the least education indoctrination time. Sounds like a win for them!

grimreefer

<sigh>

:coffeenpc:

Howsithangin
10 minutes ago, grimreefer said:

<sigh>

:coffeenpc:

:exactly:

LongKnife

Why isn’t white considered a color? We even have a crayon. C’mon man!

Dean Adam Smithee

From THEIR OWN WORDS as posted in THEIR OWN DOCUMENT OSPI VISION, MISSION, VALUES, AND EQUITY (Page 6):

Ensuring educational equity:

Goes beyond equality; it requires education leaders to examine the ways current policies and practices result in disparate outcomes for our students of color, students living in poverty, students receiving special education and English Learner services, students who identify as LGBTQ+, and highly mobile student populations.

There you have it, folks. Right from the Horse's mouth. Or Horse's ass, as may be. 

Nevermind Orwell's statement that "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". There is "Equality" as the be-all end-all. There is NOTHING either "Beyond" or "Beneath" it but Tyranny. 

• Like (+1) 1

BootsieBets

Yeppers, I have talked abut this before.  When I was still a mushy headed teenager and taking all the requisite leftist classes I believed in then, I was told outright by a gal in an American Civil Rights class that she didn’t want “Equality” or “Fair Opportunity” or to be treated the same and judged by her character.  No, she wanted revenge.  I am sure she went on to be involved in the groups that have been teaching, pushing, indoctrinating today's students to believe that minorities deserve to be treated with deference simply by virtue of their skin color.  They do not believe in MLK’s position of judging people not by their skin color, but by their character. No, they judge people ONLY by their skin color and ethnicity.

• Like (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

In Superintendent Chris Reykdal’s introductory letter, he explains the new arrangement “was influenced by the civil unrest across the country in response to overt racial injustice and inequality.”

Superintendent Rectal does not belong in the position he holds and should be dismissed.

He is clearly too stupid to be in charge of making decisions on how best to educate children.

moocow

Well, since we’ve determined gov can mandate dress requirements while in public (mask wearing), and this entire missive shows they have no intention of following equality under the law, and that they are willingly discriminating, why not mandate all the “non-favored” groups have to wear gold stars on their clothes while in school and out in public. 

MontyPython

The libertarian part of me rebels against this as strongly and loudly as the rest of you.

But I can't deny there's a tiny voice cheering in the back of my mind coming from the grandfather of a special-needs learning-disability grandson. Yes, I know that's unfair and selfish of me. Yes, I agree all students of all ages should be treated exactly the same. But I've just gotta be honest here: My grandson, being special-needs, hasn't been able to deal with this shutdown like all the other kids we know who are his age. Most of them are enjoying it, treating it like an extended vacation. But my grandson is rapidly slipping into darkness. He just can't stand it. He won't leave the house, won't even open his curtains, doesn't wanna play or talk or anything he used to enjoy. He simply can't understand why he can't go to school. He thinks he's being punished and can't understand why. There's just no getting through to him with concepts like viruses and quarantines and shutdowns and so forth, because he's learning disabled.

So when I saw "students with disabilities" listed first, I won't lie to you: I reacted with joy. More than any other kid I know personally, he really NEEDS to be allowed to go back to school. 

B) 

Howsithangin
9 hours ago, BootsieBets said:

Yeppers, I have talked abut this before.  When I was still a mushy headed teenager and taking all the requisite leftist classes I believed in then, I was told outright by a gal in an American Civil Rights class that she didn’t want “Equality” or “Fair Opportunity” or to be treated the same and judged by her character.  No, she wanted revenge.  I am sure she went on to be involved in the groups that have been teaching, pushing, indoctrinating today's students to believe that minorities deserve to be treated with deference simply by virtue of their skin color.  They do not believe in MLK’s position of judging people not by their skin color, but by their character. No, they judge people ONLY by their skin color and ethnicity.

Many of us have experienced the same.  And when we attempt to relay said experience to Lefties, they dismiss it as "outliers", lies, myths, or whatnot.  News for them:  it's real, and it's s substantial problem. 

BTW, the same can be said of misandrist third-wave feminism

BootsieBets
On 8/8/2020 at 4:04 PM, MontyPython said:

The libertarian part of me rebels against this as strongly and loudly as the rest of you.

But I can't deny there's a tiny voice cheering in the back of my mind coming from the grandfather of a special-needs learning-disability grandson. Yes, I know that's unfair and selfish of me. Yes, I agree all students of all ages should be treated exactly the same. But I've just gotta be honest here: My grandson, being special-needs, hasn't been able to deal with this shutdown like all the other kids we know who are his age. Most of them are enjoying it, treating it like an extended vacation. But my grandson is rapidly slipping into darkness. He just can't stand it. He won't leave the house, won't even open his curtains, doesn't wanna play or talk or anything he used to enjoy. He simply can't understand why he can't go to school. He thinks he's being punished and can't understand why. There's just no getting through to him with concepts like viruses and quarantines and shutdowns and so forth, because he's learning disabled.

So when I saw "students with disabilities" listed first, I won't lie to you: I reacted with joy. More than any other kid I know personally, he really NEEDS to be allowed to go back to school. 

B) 

Monty, I would agree with you if I thought they would concentrate on the kids with special needs, homeless kids, etc.  But why do I think that might not happen????  Maybe years of seeing how this works?  I feel for you and your grandson.  My sister's granddaughter struggled last year too.  Her school has not even made up their mind how they are going to handle this year yet!  You would think they would have been coming up with a contingency plan the last three months.

MontyPython
22 minutes ago, BootsieBets said:

Monty, I would agree with you if I thought they would concentrate on the kids with special needs, homeless kids, etc.  But why do I think that might not happen????  Maybe years of seeing how this works?  I feel for you and your grandson.  My sister's granddaughter struggled last year too.  Her school has not even made up their mind how they are going to handle this year yet!  You would think they would have been coming up with a contingency plan the last three months.

Well I have no option but to hope. I realize I have no "power" to "force" the schools to do anything. But it's heartbreaking to witness firsthand what's happening to my grandson. If he doesn't get back to school SOON, he's a goner. He'll either grow up to be a career criminal or a suicide. At 7 years old he's already talking about killing himself.

And all because of a fraudulent CoronaParanoia the left is using in a vile and vicious effort to hurt their duly-elected president.

My hatred for leftists grows daily.

<_< 

BootsieBets
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Well I have no option but to hope. I realize I have no "power" to "force" the schools to do anything. But it's heartbreaking to witness firsthand what's happening to my grandson. If he doesn't get back to school SOON, he's a goner. He'll either grow up to be a career criminal or a suicide. At 7 years old he's already talking about killing himself.

And all because of a fraudulent CoronaParanoia the left is using in a vile and vicious effort to hurt their duly-elected president.

My hatred for leftists grows daily.

<_< 

Mine too.  I will pray for your little grandson.  I wish the left cared as much for kids like him as they do for the worthless looters getting their "reparations" along the Miracle Mile.  The left and the democrats are despicable.  🤬 

• Best Post (+1) 1

MontyPython
4 hours ago, BootsieBets said:

Mine too.  I will pray for your little grandson.  I wish the left cared as much for kids like him as they do for the worthless looters getting their "reparations" along the Miracle Mile.  The left and the democrats are despicable.  🤬 

+1

:hug: 

grimreefer

Diamond369
Posted (edited)

Wow.  How about doing EVERYTHING possible to make sure "POC" and other kids get a quality education without placating to anyone? Yes, we have injustice and people who are unjust in society, but that wouldn't help those who are in most need.  It will produce nothing more than resentment due to favoritism.

Edited by Diamond369

zurg
On 8/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, Diamond369 said:

Wow.  How about doing EVERYTHING possible to make sure "POC" and other kids get a quality education without placating to anyone? Yes, we have injustice and people who are unjust in society, but that wouldn't help those who are in most need.  It will produce nothing more than resentment due to favoritism.

Yup, if most people had the common sense to start ignoring the trolls and agitators in real life like we do online, these jerks would stop having a platform. (Wishful thinking, I know, thus I'm not curling up into a ball hoping the problems will disappear.)

• Agree (+1) 1