To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

What the heck is going on with those retired military officers?

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

What the heck is going on with those retired military officers?

https://www.americanthinker.com/

By Andrea Widburg

August 14, 2020

Article:

If you’re like me, you keep seeing headlines popping up about this or that retired military officer lambasting Trump as a dictator and, in some cases, offering wargame scenarios about how to evict Trump from the White House. These officers believe that Trump will lose the election and then, instead of leaving the White House, he will engineer a coup attempt with help from the DHS and those of his many supporters who own guns. (Never mind that it was Obama who already conducted a coup attempt.) Kurt Schlichter, who knows the military, thinks that if things go sidewise in January, many generals would join with the Democrats.

To understand what’s happening, you should start with Byron York’s excellent rundown of the fantasies that high-level retired officers are putting forward. In their fantasies, Trump, who has consistently abided by the law and with judicial decrees, will suddenly go rogue and, having lost the election, will then refuse to leave the White House:

A number of President Trump’s most implacable critics are fantasizing about deploying the U.S. military to remove him from the White House on Jan. 20, 2021, based on their assumption that a.) he will lose the election, and b.) he will refuse to leave office on his own.

Recently, two retired Army officers speculated about deploying a brigade from the 82nd Airborne Division to overpower Trump’s “private army” that they believe the defeated president will use to try to cling to office. Another retired officer, a former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, imagined the military in battle with armed Trump supporters, the result being that “all bets are off as to how much blood might flow.” In addition, a group of former government officials, political operatives, and journalists concocted a scenario in which Trump actually won reelection but Democrat Joe Biden refused to accept the result in hopes that the military would side with him against the president.

Read York’s article to understand the true lunacy driving these officers’ speculation. What’s worrisome is that, when a group ironically named “Transition Integrity Project” did a wargame about what would happen if Biden, like Hillary, won the popular vote but lost the Electoral College, it was the Democrats who wanted to go nuclear. They imagined Democrat states seceding, D.C. and Puerto Rico joining as states, and a possible military uprising to support Biden.

What should make people nervous is that, while it would once have been inconceivable that the American military would dream of turning the U.S. into a military dictatorship (because that is what always happens when the military is involved in a leadership battle), it’s conceivable now. In this regard, there are two articles you should read.

Full Story

Squirrel

The promotions in the millitary started depending on politics and a political game long ago. It’s not surprising when your politics aren’t popular anymore you leave. It’s also not surprising your butt hurt over it

• Agree (+1) 2

LongKnife

They are loyal to whomever feathers their beds.

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython

I can't help but chuckle every time I hear/read some moron predicting that Trump will "refuse to leave" if he loses the election, LOLOLOL. There is, of course, exactly ZERO evidence to suggest any such possibility, and considering the fact that leftists are constantly projecting their own sins on the "other side" it merely demonstrates that's something they would do.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental

I will say this again and again. ALL GENERAL OFFICERS and Senior Officers are steeped in marxist conditioning. That's what they get in the war colleges. This "My brothers keepers" crap. Thus when they fall out in the political spectrum they are all marxists. It's conditioned into them. I will say 90% of the senior officers I worked with went to a school and then military training that embedded this idiotic thought process into them. It's a major problem in the US. They believe in their own responsibility but believe that others cannot take personal responsibility.

• Agree (+1) 2

TBER6

Everything the Democrats do is to either build a narrative or set the table for their next action. 

In 2012, (I personally believe) they timed the General Petraeus incident to release right after the election to change the news cycle and get analysis of the election results off the table.

In 2016, they kept trying to get Trump to say he would accept the election results so that after he lost he would not look into any voter fraud or how the Democrats cheated. It was designed to get him to walk away without any investigation.

Now, they are building the narrative that he is unbalanced and just wants to stay in power so that when they cheat and steal the election, it is about Trump refusing to vacate the office and not about how they stole it. They're setting the table for a hard coup against him after the election.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

oki

There are essentially two type of people who make a career of the Military.

Those who truly want to serve this nation, uphold it's ideals, beliefs, and protect our nation.  These are the types genuinely care about the well being of those they are in charge of, getting the job done, hate B.S. and politics, and do the right thing as much as they possibly can.  These are the people who troops will die for, love, respect and will go out of their way to protect, please, and help. 

The other is the type who will do pretty much anything and everything, throw anyone under the bus, be a yes man(or woman), see those they are in charge of as more a resource than humans, and have a personality in which people will obey the rank more so than the person and usually do only a bare minimum. 

Every one who has served can give countless examples of both.  Throw in the P.C. that has infested and rotted our armed forces and there are plenty of the latter who have risen because of politics and not experience, performance, or any other factor what so ever.

• Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel

I went in the army at a time the Vietnam vets that had stayed were few and far between 85. I watched as it got more and more politically correct worrying. By  the late 80’s early 90’s I saw multiple people walk away with 15-19 years in just saying it’s not worth it. I left in 2000 after 15 yrs in combat arms. 5 years to retire and I just was done dealing with it. That’s at an E-6 level. The officer level was much worse. So what they have is a millitary lead by the left ideas and politics. God help us if there’s a war. 

• Agree (+1) 1

oki
1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

I went in the army at a time the Vietnam vets that had stayed were few and far between 85. I watched as it got more and more politically correct worrying. By  the late 80’s early 90’s I saw multiple people walk away with 15-19 years in just saying it’s not worth it. I left in 2000 after 15 yrs in combat arms. 5 years to retire and I just was done dealing with it. That’s at an E-6 level. The officer level was much worse. So what they have is a millitary lead by the left ideas and politics. God help us if there’s a war. 

92-01 myself, same sh$t.  It's one of the reasons I got out as well.  God help those who are still in today.  My only hope is that in the next war the first ones to go are P.C. 'hires' so it leaves those who should be there remaining and they are left to kick ass and do their jobs without the B.S. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Holland25
4 hours ago, MontyPython said:

I can't help but chuckle every time I hear/read some moron predicting that Trump will "refuse to leave" if he loses the election, LOLOLOL. There is, of course, exactly ZERO evidence to suggest any such possibility, and considering the fact that leftists are constantly projecting their own sins on the "other side" it merely demonstrates that's something they would do.

<_< 

I have to agree. We don't even think of this foolishness but apparently it is a real scenario for them.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ma Deuce

Political Correctness and Marxist thinking have dug themselves deep into our military like an Alabama tick. And it's infected not only the officer corps, but the enlisted ranks as well.

Many times I saw optimistic, promising enlisted men, wanting to make a career of the service, become disgusted with the politics of it all and decide to take an early out. Or refuse to reenlist.

The aggravating irony of it all was seeing my politically correct, beureaucrat supervisors sneer and ridicule the people that opted to leave. And then six months later call for a staff meeting with my fellow midline supervisors to ask why the hell so many people were choosing to get out.

I'm not saying that all senior officers and enlisted are totally worthless. I've served with quite a few that I thought were outstanding because they possessed a true warrior's mindset. But unfortunately they were too few in number.

Too bad. Because more than ever, our country needs more men like Patton, Schwarzkopf, Grant, etc. to keep us strong.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
3 hours ago, Holland25 said:

I have to agree. We don't even think of this foolishness but apparently it is a real scenario for them.

Yup. I mean, look at Hillary over the past half-decade: It was "somebody else's fault!" . . . it was "voter apathy!" . . . it was "inaccurate counting!" . . . it was ANYTHING except her own damn fault for losing the damn election. It's pathetic and sad simultaneously.

So yeah, I can see the brain-damaged leftists projecting their own pathological refusal to accept election results onto the "other side". That's something they do (again, see: Hillary) so they idiotically assume everybody else does it too. 

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
20 hours ago, MontyPython said:

<_< 

:exactly:

Yet they keep on saying it when Trump has never uttered a word about it ever. This is because they intend to remove Trump by force when his wins re-election. These generals are idiots in believing that the military would attack conservatives if so ordered, especially the 82nd which I have several family members in it still. The military are mostly conservatives.

Again it's dems accusing others of exactly what they are doing which is planning and committing open sedition and treason.

• Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
19 hours ago, TBER6 said:

Everything the Democrats do is to either build a narrative or set the table for their next action. 

In 2012, (I personally believe) they timed the General Petraeus incident to release right after the election to change the news cycle and get analysis of the election results off the table.

In 2016, they kept trying to get Trump to say he would accept the election results so that after he lost he would not look into any voter fraud or how the Democrats cheated. It was designed to get him to walk away without any investigation.

Now, they are building the narrative that he is unbalanced and just wants to stay in power so that when they cheat and steal the election, it is about Trump refusing to vacate the office and not about how they stole it. They're setting the table for a hard coup against him after the election.

Perfectly stated! :2up:

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1