To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Trump urges boycott of Goodyear tires over MAGA attire policy

Rate this topic

Ladybird

President Trump on Wednesday discouraged Americans from purchasing Goodyear tires after it was reported that company employees in Kansas were told not to wear “Make America Great Again” attire or other politically-affiliated gear.

“Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less!” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning, adding in parentheses, “This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!”

Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 19, 2020

A local NBC News affiliate in Topeka, Kan., reported Tuesday on a slide purportedly shown at a Goodyear diversity training that listed “Black Lives Matter,” “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender pride” under “acceptable” while branding “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter,” “MAGA attire,” and “politically-affiliated slogans or material” under “unacceptable.”

An anonymous employee snapped a photograph of the slide that has since circulated on social media. The individual alleged that the company’s policy is discriminatory, according to the outlet, WIBW.

Goodyear subsequently issued a message saying that the image created “misconceptions” about the company and its policies, stating that the visual “was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class.”

The company said that it does not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination in the workplace and as a result asks associates to “refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.”

The company also said that it supports the “diverse viewpoints” of its employees and “has always wholeheartedly supported both equality and law enforcement and will continue to do so.” Goodyear denounced suggestions that the company is “anti-police” after the image circulated on social media. 

The statement, issued on Twitter, did not explicitly mention Trump’s tweet.

Yesterday, Goodyear became the focus of a conversation that created some misconceptions about our policies and our company. Goodyear has always wholeheartedly supported both equality and law enforcement and will continue to do so. pic.twitter.com/oO6jUg2rTR

— Goodyear (@goodyear) August 19, 2020

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany defended the president’s tweet during an afternoon press briefing, arguing that Goodyear is targeting a “certain ideology” and needed to clarify its policy further. She also told reporters that the company should recognize “Blue Lives Matter” as an “equity issue.”

<snip>

Link

I see. This is the governments business.

• Disagree (-1) 5
  • Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot

F@%k Goodyear!  The company I work for is the same and if I could afford to quit, I would.

Godd@mn leftwing freakin' scumbags make me sick!

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

LongKnife

For me, this is the money quote:

"“refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues."

So anything that doesn't tow the line is out.

• Agree (+1) 3

Specs
22 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

President Trump on Wednesday discouraged Americans from purchasing Goodyear tires after it was reported that company employees in Kansas were told not to wear “Make America Great Again” attire or other politically-affiliated gear.

“Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less!” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning, adding in parentheses, “This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!”

Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

A local NBC News affiliate in Topeka, Kan., reported Tuesday on a slide purportedly shown at a Goodyear diversity training that listed “Black Lives Matter,” “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender pride” under “acceptable” while branding “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter,” “MAGA attire,” and “politically-affiliated slogans or material” under “unacceptable.”

An anonymous employee snapped a photograph of the slide that has since circulated on social media. The individual alleged that the company’s policy is discriminatory, according to the outlet, WIBW.

Goodyear subsequently issued a message saying that the image created “misconceptions” about the company and its policies, stating that the visual “was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class.”

The company said that it does not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination in the workplace and as a result asks associates to “refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.”

The company also said that it supports the “diverse viewpoints” of its employees and “has always wholeheartedly supported both equality and law enforcement and will continue to do so.” Goodyear denounced suggestions that the company is “anti-police” after the image circulated on social media. 

Yesterday, Goodyear became the focus of a conversation that created some misconceptions about our policies and our company. Goodyear has always wholeheartedly supported both equality and law enforcement and will continue to do so. pic.twitter.com/oO6jUg2rTR

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany defended the president’s tweet during an afternoon press briefing, arguing that Goodyear is targeting a “certain ideology” and needed to clarify its policy further. She also told reporters that the company should recognize “Blue Lives Matter” as an “equity issue.”

<snip>

Link

I do not remember you posting about Congress critters leading boycotts against businesses and countries :)

Oh thy hypocrisy is thick.

• Agree (+1) 4

satellite66

Their response is nothing but nonsense.  It does nothing positive in my opinion.  I don't believe that the people they are pandering to will boost their business.  

• Agree (+1) 4

greggor
24 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

<snip>

Link

Actually..  you don't "see".

Just because he is the President.. it doesn't take away his right to express his OPINION.

You are the fool..  not us.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

Ticked@TinselTown

Backpedaling after getting caught pandering seems to be par for the course...

And, if the leadership within Goodyear has a problem with Making America Great Again, then consumers should know that.

• Agree (+1) 4

Ladybird
7 minutes ago, greggor said:

Actually..  you don't "see".

Just because he is the President.. it doesn't take away his right to express his OPINION.

You are the fool..  not us.

Using the bully pulpit of the presidency to damage a private company, because the company's policies on attire don't please him is just fine and dandy?  How dare they not promote his re-election! Small government conservatism on display, folks..

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 3

Ticked@TinselTown
8 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Using the bully pulpit of the presidency to damage a private company, because the company's policies on attire don't please him is just fine and dandy?  How dare they not promote his re-election! Small government conservatism on display, folks..

Wow.

You just blew the meter on lying, obfuscation and hypocrisy all in one shot.

Impressive.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

That is NOT the issue.  I work for a leftwing company and it makes me sick how a manager (a peer of mine) can wear a pro Beto for Senate T-shirt to work but I cannot wear a pro 2nd Amendment hat to work.  The double standard is UNACCEPTABLE and sickening - that is the issue.

Goodyear can go f@%k themselves and the horse they rode in on!  :redhot:  :redhot:  :redhot:  :redhot: 

Then complain to your upper management or quit.  You would have been fine with president Obama urging a boycott on a company that didn't allow employees to wear attire that is strictly to promote Obama?

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
14 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

What do you think of Trump versus Biden policies for example on:

- illegal immigration 

- employment policy

- taxation policy

- regulatory policy

- military

- trade deals

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
4 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

Way to miss the point - I already said I cannot afford to quit unless you want to give me a six figure job to replace this one, sunshine.

I don't give a flying f@%k if they allow "pro Trump" attire or not - what matters is that they allow pro leftwing messages on attire and not pro rightwing attire.  Either allow both or allow neither - that's the point.

Understand?

Sort of like “either allow expression of both Christianity and Islam, or neither.” 

It’s a point often missed by LB. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

Way to miss the point - I already said I cannot afford to quit unless you want to give me a six figure job to replace this one, sunshine.

I don't give a flying f@%k if they allow "pro Trump" attire or not - what matters is that they allow pro leftwing messages on attire and not pro rightwing attire.  Either allow both or allow neither - that's the point.

Understand?

The point is that what the company chooses to allow representatives of the products they are selling to wear is none of your business, nor his. It's not clear from the company's statement what is allowed on the to be worn.

• Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Joe the Pagan
21 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

hypocrite.jpg

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
1 minute ago, CHANG said:

I only wish there was a recent example to point out the hypocrisy of the left in terms of influential people demanding a boycott of a private company because they didn’t care for said company’s politics. 

I’ll keep thinking. One has got to come to mind. 

Gotta run, everybody. I’ve got some Goya beans on the stove. 

Are any of those people, with their demands, the president of the united states? 

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
2 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Are any of those people, with their demands, the president of the united states? 

Whatever President Trump advocates, the left rabidly fights against, so Goodyear is going to see a soaring spike in sales, right?

So, another organization that, as an employer, is allowed to quash the free speech of certain employees whose personal beliefs do not align with management will prosper...  

But, wait, THAT policy of theirs sounds a whole lot like discrimination...  And I thought you were all about that...

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, LongKnife said:

Almost as bad as a president saying the police acted stupidly before knowing the facts.

"But what about Obama doing stupid stuff?"

You would have had no problem with president Hillary telling the whole country to boycott a firm because they won't allow employees to wear this while on the job?

61dZYdDL-iL._AC_UL1000_.jpg

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 2

LongKnife
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Are any of those people, with thei

3 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

You would have had no problem with president Hillary telling the whole country to boycott a firm because they won't allow employees to wear this while on the job?

I thought you were talking about actual presidents.

Edited by LongKnife

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

61dZYdDL-iL._AC_UL1000_.jpg

I personally wouldn't.  In fact, I would hope she did because it does the opposite whenever politicians call for them.  They have the right to call for boycotts.  I have the right to ignore them.  The world turns and nothing is damaged but your phony sensibilities. 

Edited by Magic Rat
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Martin

They told their employees that to say "Black Lives Matter" is acceptable, while to say "All Lives Matter" is not.  This is a racist policy.  

Goodyear stinks.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

I personally wouldn't.  In fact, I would hope she did because it does the opposite whenever politicians call for them.  They have the right to call for boycotts.  I have the right to ignore them.  The world turns and nothing is damaged but your phony sensibilities. 

Sure you wouldn't. The right would have no problem with a president (with a D) using the office trying to financially damage a private company that refused to promote him.

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1