Ladybird

Falwell Resigns From Liberty University Following Sex Scandal Allegations

Rate this topic

Ladybird

https://www.npr.org/

August 24, 20205:50 PM ET

Excerpt:

Jerry Falwell Jr., a leading evangelical ally of President Trump's and son of the founder of one of the nation's largest and most well-known Christian universities, has officially resigned as president of Liberty University after a series of controversies, a university source confirms to NPR.

Falwell's departure comes on the heels of an investigation by Reuters on Monday in which Falwell's former business partner, Giancarlo Granda, claimed he had a multiyear sexual relationship with Falwell's wife, Becki, which involved Falwell looking on while the pair engaged in sex acts. That report was published a day after Falwell released a statement to the Washington Examiner in which he claimed that he had suffered emotional distress over his wife's affair with his business partner. Falwell described it as a "fatal attraction" situation that included attempts to extort the high-profile couple financially.

Falwell has been at the center of multiple controversies in recent years, including questionable business dealings, accusations of racial insensitivity, complaints about his management style and allegations of other behavior considered inappropriate for the leader of a conservative religious institution.

Previous reporting by news outlets, including BuzzFeed, has described a complicated business entanglement and close friendship between the Falwells and Granda. The couple met Granda in Miami several years ago while he was in his early 20s, working as a pool attendant, according to the reports. The BuzzFeed report also claimed that Trump fixer Michael Cohen – who has since been convicted of federal campaign violations and of lying to Congress – helped arrange Trump's endorsement of Falwell. Separately, Reuters has reported that Cohen helped the Falwells arrange to keep private a set of potentially embarrassing photographs.

Falwell agreed to an indefinite leave of absence on Aug. 7 after he posted a vacation photo to Instagram that showed him with his pants unzipped and his arm around a woman who is not his wife, whose pants also were unzipped.

<snip>

Link

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 4

NH Populist

Somehow, I don't think Jerry Falwell Jr. can take credit for Trump taking up residence at the White House, that honor lands squarely at the feet of St. Barack the Magnificent.   

• Best Post (+1) 1

kestrel
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

https://www.npr.org/

August 24, 20205:50 PM ET

Excerpt:

Jerry Falwell Jr., a leading evangelical ally of President Trump's and son of the founder of one of the nation's largest and most well-known Christian universities, has officially resigned as president of Liberty University after a series of controversies, a university source confirms to NPR.

Falwell's departure comes on the heels of an investigation by Reuters on Monday in which Falwell's former business partner, Giancarlo Granda, claimed he had a multiyear sexual relationship with Falwell's wife, Becki, which involved Falwell looking on while the pair engaged in sex acts. That report was published a day after Falwell released a statement to the Washington Examiner in which he claimed that he had suffered emotional distress over his wife's affair with his business partner. Falwell described it as a "fatal attraction" situation that included attempts to extort the high-profile couple financially.

Falwell has been at the center of multiple controversies in recent years, including questionable business dealings, accusations of racial insensitivity, complaints about his management style and allegations of other behavior considered inappropriate for the leader of a conservative religious institution.

Previous reporting by news outlets, including BuzzFeed, has described a complicated business entanglement and close friendship between the Falwells and Granda. The couple met Granda in Miami several years ago while he was in his early 20s, working as a pool attendant, according to the reports. The BuzzFeed report also claimed that Trump fixer Michael Cohen – who has since been convicted of federal campaign violations and of lying to Congress – helped arrange Trump's endorsement of Falwell. Separately, Reuters has reported that Cohen helped the Falwells arrange to keep private a set of potentially embarrassing photographs.

Falwell agreed to an indefinite leave of absence on Aug. 7 after he posted a vacation photo to Instagram that showed him with his pants unzipped and his arm around a woman who is not his wife, whose pants also were unzipped.

<snip>

Link

Would this type of Sexual activity be ok in Muslim Society?...Just curious cuz other things are allowed or proscribed like Marrying little girls and Polygamy and even little boys are used as sex objects, Muslim men have a name for them.....bacha bazi or "boy play" at least in Afghanistan that's what they call it...as to the Falwell's? Meh..who cares?..What was your purpose in posting this..You didn't even comment on your own post???

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel
  • Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
2 hours ago, NH Populist said:

Somehow, I don't think Jerry Falwell Jr. can take credit for Trump taking up residence at the White House, that honor lands squarely at the feet of St. Barack the Magnificent.   

Amazing, ain't it, how all roads lead to Trump?  He has taken up residence inside the head of every lefty. :D

Howsithangin

In contrast to the pure-as-the-wind-driven-snow status of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the rest of that lot.

Confessor
Posted (edited)

At least he resigned. There are some people that have held the highest office in the land, and when they were caught in a sex scandal, they argued the definition of words rather than do the right thing and resign...

By the way, do you ever post anything that doesn’t bring disrepute to whites, Christians, conservatives, or heterosexuals?  Asking for  a friend.  

Edited by Confessor
  • Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Confessor said:

At least he resigned. There are some people that have held the highest office in the land, and when they were caught in a sex scandal, they argued the definition of words rather than do the right thing and resign...

By the way, do you ever post anything that doesn’t bring disrepute to whites, Christians, conservatives, or heterosexuals?  Asking for  a friend.  

Interesting...I wonder if the "Projection" that L/B puts on "Whites, Christians", and such is actually a revelation of what she really thinks?...The inimitable "You hate Black People" is actually "I feel the same way about you (Honky) as I perceive you feel about Blacks" Translation: "I hate White People"...and the inevitable self righteousness that comes with this racism and produces the infamous "Whatabout'.Talk about "Systemic" :no:

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
On 8/24/2020 at 9:43 PM, Confessor said:

Yes.

grimreefer

Some people just can't live up to the standards they impose... :smoker:

Previous reporting by news outlets, including BuzzFeed

:mellow:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SARGE
On 8/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, Howsithangin said:

In contrast to the pure-as-the-wind-driven-snow status of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the rest of that lot.

And lest we forget, MLK.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
On 8/24/2020 at 9:40 PM, Howsithangin said:

What about them? Who said they were?

• Disagree (-1) 1

Howsithangin
56 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

What about them? Who said they were?

You're being obtuse again

Squirrel
On 8/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, kestrel said:

Would this type of Sexual activity be ok in Muslim Society?...Just curious cuz other things are allowed or proscribed like Marrying little girls and Polygamy and even little boys are used as sex objects, Muslim men have a name for them.....bacha bazi or "boy play" at least in Afghanistan that's what they call it...as to the Falwell's? Meh..who cares?..What was your purpose in posting this..You didn't even comment on your own post???

Kestrel...

Let alone any Muslim clerics stepping down when tied to terrorist groups or preaching hate speach

Ladybird

What about those black guys..and The Muslims!  :lol:

• Disagree (-1) 1

zurg
48 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

What about those black guys..and The Muslims!  :lol:

Back on thread topic, here’s my opinion: I’ve never been one to fawn over these evangelical leaders who gain notoriety at the national level. They all come across phony to me, in it for the fame and fortune, which may not be how it started but seems to be how it ends for them. 

If your intent here is to tie Falwell to Trump and somehow blame the Donald for what’s happened, I wouldn’t be surprised, but I don’t see the connection. I’m sure you can imagine how this will hurt Trump. 

Edited by zurg

Ladybird
1 minute ago, zurg said:

Back on thread topic, here’s my opinion: I’ve never been one to fawn over these evangelical leaders who gain notoriety at the national level. They all come across phony to me, in it for the fame and fortune, which may not be how it started but seems to be how it ends for them. 

If your intent here is to tie Falwell to Trump and somehow blame the Donald for what’s happened, I wouldn’t be surprised, but I don’t see the connection. I’m sure you can imagine how this will hurt Trump. 

I'm sure it won't hurt Trump, but the one who tied Falwell to Trump is "the Donalds" former personal fixer. 

• Disagree (-1) 1