To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
That_Guy

17-year-old in custody, accused of shooting 3 people, killing 2 during Kenosha protest

Rate this topic

zurg
10 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

As I'm so often reminded, we haven't gotten the full story. Is the reason he was being chased was because of a prior shooting? What were those circumstances?

Let's hear your speculations then prior to the facts being disclosed. I'm interested to hear what you think happened.

ThePatriot
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

*double post

Edited by ThePatriot

USNRETWIFE

Have you guys (yes, I said guys) not figured out yet that it's okay with Bird if a white boy gets the crap beat out of him, knifed or shot, as long as he doesn't interfere with Burn Loot Murder ruining people's businesses, homes, lives.  Over the last year or so, her posts have gotten so monotonous and I now have her on mute.

• Agree (+1) 3

Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, oki said:

That's not exactly correct.   'Legally' a minor cannot own long gun.  BUT, it's very very common for people under 18 to handle firearms both outside the home for hunting, target shooting, transportation, and so on.  IF, this was a case where he exited a home or business where their was a legal adult/owner of the firearm and acted in self defense or can otherwise prove he was acting in self defense or defense of someone else, then he has a legit case.  If he simply grabbed the rifle and was walking around, then that's another story.

As far as age goes, 18 to buy long guns(shot guns rifles)  and accompanying ammo(which is B.S. as many rifles shoot hand gun ammo anyways).

21 for pistols and to obtain a  Conceal Carry Permit.

Wisconsin does have open carry.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is reporting that the 17 YO shooter is from Illinois. That's going to complicate things considerably.

FOR ONE, If it turns out he went out of his way, especially across a state line, and even without original intent to shoot someone but to at least "start something", then the whole self-defense argument evaporates. And it's worth noting that NEITHER WI nor Illinois are "stand your ground" states.

FOR TWO, Illinois requires a Firearm Owners ID Card (FOID) for ANY firearm even a rifle. Only way to get a FOID if you're under 21 is for a parent to sign for it and assume "Liability". Oooh, I'll bet his parents in Illinois are crapping concrete blocks right now.

FOR THREE, Did he maybe buy the rifle in WI?  My understanding  - I could be wrong - is that under federal law it's only legal to buy ANY firearm out-of-state if that same sale would have been legal in the person's 'home' state. But I'm a bit hazy on this. Can anyone clarify this particular aspect? And/or the aspect of a MINOR crossing a state line for this?

• Disagree (-1) 1

oki
10 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is reporting that the 17 YO shooter is from Illinois. That's going to complicate things considerably.

FOR ONE, If it turns out he went out of his way, especially across a state line, and even without original intent to shoot someone but to at least "start something", then the whole self-defense argument evaporates. And it's worth noting that NEITHER WI nor Illinois are "stand your ground" states.

FOR TWO, Illinois requires a Firearm Owners ID Card (FOID) for ANY firearm even a rifle. Only way to get a FOID if you're under 21 is for a parent to sign for it and assume "Liability". Oooh, I'll bet his parents in Illinois are crapping concrete blocks right now.

FOR THREE, Did he maybe buy the rifle in WI?  My understanding  - I could be wrong - is that under federal law it's only legal to buy ANY firearm out-of-state if that same sale would have been legal in the person's 'home' state. But I'm a bit hazy on this. Can anyone clarify this particular aspect? And/or the aspect of a MINOR crossing a state line for this?

What I just read is that he was in Kenosha as part of a group trying to keep another car dealer from getting torched.  If in fact was part of a group, and someone in that group loaned him the rifle then it can get pretty damn gray.  If in that group was a family member, IE a Wisconsin relative who by law would count as a guardian/family member then it could very well be legit.  Per WI law, 18 for long guns, shotguns and ammo for such.  21 for Pistol and Pistol ammo.  Per out of state purchases, N/A as he is not 18 and there would have been no sale.  As that was definitely an AR pattern rifle(aren't they illegal in Illinois) chances are he obtained it in WI.  Probably given to him.  That's not necessarily illegal as long as he is in the presence of at least a legal adult or better someone who is family.  In WI minors technically,(but not legally) possessing firearms is pretty common.  Parents actually own it, but it was purchased for the minor to use.  If he was acting without being in the presence of at a minimum a legal adult he is going to get a weapons charge,  BUT, as he was obviously fleeing that MOB when he shot a few maybe not murder for those.  My guess is he was at the car lot, armed and fled.  If him or his group was acting on behalf of the owner then it gets even more complicated. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Oathtaker
17 minutes ago, oki said:

What I just read is that he was in Kenosha as part of a group trying to keep another car dealer from getting torched.  If in fact was part of a group, and someone in that group loaned him the rifle then it can get pretty damn gray.  If in that group was a family member, IE a Wisconsin relative who by law would count as a guardian/family member then it could very well be legit.  Per WI law, 18 for long guns, shotguns and ammo for such.  21 for Pistol and Pistol ammo.  Per out of state purchases, N/A as he is not 18 and there would have been no sale.  As that was definitely an AR pattern rifle(aren't they illegal in Illinois) chances are he obtained it in WI.  Probably given to him.  That's not necessarily illegal as long as he is in the presence of at least a legal adult or better someone who is family.  In WI minors technically,(but not legally) possessing firearms is pretty common.  Parents actually own it, but it was purchased for the minor to use.  If he was acting without being in the presence of at a minimum a legal adult he is going to get a weapons charge,  BUT, as he was obviously fleeing that MOB when he shot a few maybe not murder for those.  My guess is he was at the car lot, armed and fled.  If him or his group was acting on behalf of the owner then it gets even more complicated. 

At the very least he should have to do some anger management classes.....

• Haha (+1) 3

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Of course. He's one of them and a swell guy..

He's much better than any of the antifa BLM scum that you love so much.

I'm glad that he had the guts to actually use the rifle to defend himself.

His shooting these scum bags was legitimate self defense.

I hope that he gets the best lawyer available and gets off free and clear just like your beloved antifa BLM rioter scumbags always do.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

oki
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Oathtaker said:

At the very least he should have to do some anger management classes.....

Not necessarily, would seem prior to the video of him running for his life someone threw a molotov at him and he shot that person in the brain bucket.  Need to find out if that is in fact correct.  If so then it looks like first he was attacked, shot one of the 'protesters' tried to run, tripped or was pushed, then they tried to grab his rifle and he shot two more.

Yeah, issues with a 17 year old coming across state lines, even with the best of intentions and having a rifle true enough.  Past that though, it's looking more and more like self defense.

Very telling how the N.Y. times is calling the very people who where chasing this kid, had set fires, and looted protestors.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/illinois-teen-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-2-kenosha-rioters/

Those were rioters.  Anyone who believes they where protesters is a freaken' idiot.

Edited by oki
grammar
  • Agree (+1) 1

oki
3 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

He's much better than any of the antifa BLM scum that you love so much.

I'm glad that he had the guts to actually use the rifle to defend himself.

His shooting these scum bags was legitimate self defense.

I hope that he gets the best lawyer available and gets off free and clear just like your beloved antifa BLM rioter scumbags always do.

If he is tried in Milwaukee County or the immediate area in or around Kenosha,or Dane County iffy.  Most anywhere else, damn unlikely he will ever do any time. 

Plus,  I am reading articles saying he was arrested in Antioch Illinois.  That would mean Wisconsin authorities let him go.  Damn unlikely they would do such a thing unless they felt no crime was committed.  If he did carry that rifle across state lines then that would make it an interstate crime and a Federal Offense.  Something ain't adding up here.

• Agree (+1) 1

Noclevermoniker
1 hour ago, zurg said:

One of whom? Also, this is what you know: 1) he's white, 2) he defended himself, 3) he had a gun while defending himself.

Is it #1 that bothers you so much?

Indubitably. 

Confessor
3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I don't know what kind of gun he has, but it appears to be a rifle. I don't believe 17 year olds are legally permitted to carry weapons, even if it's a hunting rifle, when he's not engaged in hunting activities.

He was hunting idiots. He may have gone over his limit though...

• Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel

I’m sure he was just turning his life around. He was a gentle giant taking his rifle to the pawn shop planning to use the money to help orphans. Other then joking good for him if he was attacked 1 yr old or 50 years old any color you have the right to self defense. Unless you ask lb and your white

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
4 hours ago, That_Guy said:

17-year-old in custody, accused of shooting 3 people, killing 2 during Kenosha protest

Cellphone video of at least two of the shootings that was posted online shows a young man with a rifle jogging down the middle of a street.

By Mike Householder and Scott Bauer

KENOSHA, Wisconsin -- A 17-year-old suspect is in custody in Illinois after a shooting during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, left two people dead and one injured.

The suspect identified as Kyle Rittenhouse, is being held at a juvenile facility in Illinois. He is expected to be charged with first-degree intentional homicide, but the official complaint (which would contain the charge) has not been released yet.

Rittenhouse has been assigned a public defender and will make his first court appearance Friday.

The shooting he is accused of erupted late Tuesday, just before midnight, during the third straight night of unrest in Kenosha over the police shooting of a Black man, Jacob Blake.

Three people in total were shot--two died. Sheriff David Beth said one victim was shot in the head and the other in the chest, the Milwaukee Journal Sentine l reported. A third person was also shot, but the wounds were not believed to life-threatening.

<snip>

The sheriff told the Journal Sentinel that armed people had been patrolling the city's streets in recent nights, but he did not know if the gunman was among them.

"They're a militia," Beth said. "They're like a vigilante group."

The FBI said it is assisting in the case.

Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes, who is Black, said in an interview with the news program "Democracy Now!" that the shootings were not surprising and that white militias have been ignored for too long.

"How many times across this country do you see armed gunmen, protesting, walking into state Capitols, and everybody just thinks it's OK?" Barnes said. "People treat that like it's some kind of normal activity that people are walking around with assault rifles."

Cellphone video of at least two of the shootings that was posted online shows a young man with a rifle jogging down the middle of a street as a crowd and some police officers follow him. Someone in the crowd can be heard asking, "What did he do?" and another person responds that the man had shot someone.

<snip>

In the cellphone footage, as the crowd scatters, the gunman stands up and continues walking down the street as police cars arrive. The man puts up his hands and walks toward the squad cars, with someone in the crowd yelling at police that the man had just shot someone, but several of the cars drive past him toward the people who had been shot.

Protester Devin Scott told the Chicago Tribune that he witnessed one of the shootings.

"We were all chanting 'Black lives matter' at the gas station and then we heard, boom, boom, and I told my friend, 'That's not fireworks,'" said Scott, 19. "And then this guy with this huge gun runs by us in the middle of the street and people are yelling, 'He shot someone! He shot someone!' And everyone is trying to fight the guy, chasing him and then he started shooting again."

Scott said he cradled a lifeless victim in his arms, and a woman started performing CPR, but "I don't think he made it."

In other widely circulating video, police can be heard thanking and tossing bottled water from an armored vehicle to what appear to be armed civilians walking the streets.

"We appreciate you being here," an officer is heard saying over a loudspeaker.

<snip>

Before the two deadly shootings, the Kenosha County Board sent a letter Tuesday to Democratic Gov. Tony Evers requesting that at least 2,000 more National Guard troops be sent. Evers initially dispatched 150 troops on Monday and increased that to 250 on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the board sent a second request, for 1,500 troops.

"Our county is under attack. Our businesses are under attack. Our homes are under attack. Our local law enforcement agencies need additional support to help bring civility back to our community," board leaders wrote.

Evers did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday.

Republican Sen. Ron Johnson and GOP Rep. Bryan Steil, whose district includes Kenosha, said Evers should accept federal troops from President Donald Trump.

Anger over the shooting has spilled into the streets of other cities, including Los Angeles and Minneapolis, the epicenter of the Black Lives Matter movement this summer following Floyd's death.

LINK

Yes WHITE militia's have been ignored for too long, but black militia's and muslim one's we can continue to ignore?

• Agree (+1) 1

gravelrash

Has Willie Brown's hussy posted Rittenhouse's bail?

• Agree (+1) 2

oki
28 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Yes WHITE militia's have been ignored for too long, but black militia's and muslim one's we can continue to ignore?

You do realize that to the left all you gotta' be is white, armed, and in a group to be a militia much less dangerous.

• Agree (+1) 1

johnnybravo

What did democrats think would happen when they send their brown shirts out to destroy cities? Sooner or later the silent majority would fire back. I blame everyone of those deaths squarely on the Democrat Party and their brown shirt riot squads.

• Agree (+1) 2

Severian
2 hours ago, oki said:

Not necessarily, would seem prior to the video of him running for his life someone threw a molotov at him and he shot that person in the brain bucket.  Need to find out if that is in fact correct.  If so then it looks like first he was attacked, shot one of the 'protesters' tried to run, tripped or was pushed, then they tried to grab his rifle and he shot two more.

Yeah, issues with a 17 year old coming across state lines, even with the best of intentions and having a rifle true enough.  Past that though, it's looking more and more like self defense.

Very telling how the N.Y. times is calling the very people who where chasing this kid, had set fires, and looted protestors.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/illinois-teen-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-2-kenosha-rioters/

Those were rioters.  Anyone who believes they where protesters is a freaken' idiot.

They're starting to call them rioters because the Democrats/Leftists are starting to realize that all this violence and looting and such are bouncing back on Biden and the Democrats. Chris Cuomo was wetting himself over that on CNN the other night.

1 hour ago, Confessor said:

He was hunting idiots. He may have gone over his limit though...

Definitely a target rich environment. I guess maybe he hunted in a baited field though.

• Haha (+1) 3

Taggart Transcontinental
30 minutes ago, oki said:

You do realize that to the left all you gotta' be is white, armed, and in a group to be a militia much less dangerous.

Apparently Law Enforcement is a militia to them.

• Agree (+1) 2

kestrel
5 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I don't know what kind of gun he has, but it appears to be a rifle. I don't believe 17 year olds are legally permitted to carry weapons, even if it's a hunting rifle, when he's not engaged in hunting activities.

So whats your point?...

Kestrel X

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
5 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Minors can't defend themselves or others?

Specially if they're white! 😉

K...

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
4 hours ago, zurg said:

One of whom? Also, this is what you know: 1) he's white, 2) he defended himself, 3) he had a gun while defending himself.

Is it #1 that bothers you so much?

That's it in a nutshell..Talk about Racist!..I think Ima gwan ta be needin me some reparations!

Kestrel...

• Agree (+1) 1