To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Citing Black Lives Matter, photos of retired white male professors to be taken down at U. Oklahoma

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Citing Black Lives Matter, photos of retired white male professors to be taken down at U. Oklahoma

https://www.thecollegefix.com/

JACKSON WALKER - UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON 

AUGUST 26, 2020

Article:

Area to become space for students to ‘represent their own voices’

In a statement on the Black Lives Matter protests, the chair of the University of Oklahoma Department of Political Science has announced the removal of a swath of photos of retired professors that hangs in the department’s entryway, pointing out it consists only of “white male faces.”

“We will transform the entryway to our department on the second floor of Dale Hall Tower,” the statement from Chair Scott Robinson reads. “One of the walls of this entry includes the images of retired members of our department, a set that exclusively includes white male faces.”

“This will be replaced with a space in which our current students can express themselves and represent their own voices.”

The decision, Robinson stated, is one of eight measures the department will undertake to address “issues related to racial justice and inequalities,” adding: “I stand with those that demand that we act like #blacklivesmatter — and not just pretend that our system protects all lives equally.”

Full Story

Noclevermoniker

“This will be replaced with a space in which our current students can express themselves and represent their own voices.”

He doesn’t specify if crayons or spray paint will be provided by the university. I expect it will consist of jibberish graffiti with a lot of “fkks” and “n-guh” thrown in to make it “authentic”.

• Agree (+1) 2

mliff1

What a bunch of idiots.

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

Now these idiots are eating the people that conditioned them into the moron's they are. How fitting.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

I think it's time the white parents stopped paying tuition to the university and sent their children somewhere that isn't openly racist.

NH Populist

Can we get a clarification on which black lives matter, please?   I see the number of dead blacks each week in places like Chicago at the hands of other blacks, and it doesn't seem to matter.  I'm so confused... :wtf:

• Agree (+1) 1

Noclevermoniker
15 minutes ago, NH Populist said:

Can we get a clarification on which black lives matter, please?   I see the number of dead blacks each week in places like Chicago at the hands of other blacks, and it doesn't seem to matter.  I'm so confused... :wtf:

You don’t  suppose to aks questions like that  

AntiObama
3 hours ago, satellite66 said:

I submit that all the black pictures be removed from NBA hall of fame to serve racial justice and equality  LOL

There should be affirmative action in the NBA. An equal number of whites, Hispanics, native Americans and blacks.

C'mon, time to be fair !!!

• Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
22 minutes ago, AntiObama said:

There should be affirmative action in the NBA. An equal number of whites, Hispanics, native Americans and blacks.

C'mon, time to be fair !!!

Let's mandate that the NFL, NBA, MLB and all sports in the United States must reflect, racially, the demographics of the United States.  Affirmative action for sports. 

Either forced diversity is good and desirable, or it is not.  Which is it?

The Punisher

BREAKING NEWS!!

Tragedy strikes at the uo campus in Norman, Ok.

Fire has completely destroyed the library and both books inside were tragically lost.

Rumor going around is they hadn't finished coloring all the pictures in 'em yet.

This post is for recreational purposes only.  :rolleyes: