To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cranklin

Trump pops to 52% job approval, up with blacks, Democrats

Rate this topic

Ben Cranklin

Trump pops to 52%: ‘Best job approval rating on record,’ up with blacks, even Democrats

by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist  | August 26, 2020 08:27 AM

washingtonexaminer.com

Buoyed by blacks and independent voters, as well as urban dwellers shocked by the Black Lives Matter protest violence raging in some cities, President Trump’s approval rating has hit a new high, according to a survey heavy with minority voters.

The latest Zogby Analytics poll just shared with Secrets had Trump’s approval at 52%. “The president has recorded his best job approval rating on record,” said pollster Jonathan Zogby.

What’s more, his approval rating among minorities was solid and, in the case of African Americans, shockingly high. Zogby said 36% of blacks approve of the president, as do 37% of Hispanics and 35% of Asians.

Approval among independent voters is also up, to 44%. And “intriguingly,” said Zogby, 23% of Democrats approve of Trump.

It was the latest to show that Trump’s approval went up during the Democratic National Convention. Rasmussen Reports had it at 51% at the end of the convention.

In a shock from past election years, Joe Biden got no convention poll bounce, according to a newly released Reuters/Ipsos poll.

The Republican National Convention still has two days to go. Last night's address by first lady Melania Trump won good reviews. Tonight, Vice President Mike Pence speaks, and Thursday is Trump's night.

Pollsters have been somewhat at a loss to explain the rise of Trump’s approval ratings, considering that there has been little positive news to help his standings other than the peace deal he helped negotiate between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

More "baffled" pollsters

Taggart Transcontinental

If that can be translated into votes it's all over for groundhog joe.

• Agree (+1) 2

mjperry51

The fact Democrats are letting the country burn is the “good news” for Trump. They’re self imploding. 

I told my wife a couple of weeks ago this is feeling a lot like 1968...

• Agree (+1) 3

kestrel
15 minutes ago, mjperry51 said:

The fact Democrats are letting the country burn is the “good news” for Trump. They’re self imploding. 

Ah yes 1968! Now those were "RIOTS!!!...This looks more like spoiled brats tearing up the playroom!

Kestrel...

• Haha (+1) 1

grimreefer

Not a fan of the genre, but...

:2up:

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot
3 hours ago, mjperry51 said:

Come November 3rd, it's gonna look a lot like 1984!

• Agree (+1) 1

NH Populist
3 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Uh Anton, you can't be serious!   Your side's turned half a dozen cities into war zones, I hate to be the one to break the news, but that's not how you win elections...

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ben Cranklin
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Or maybe time for your type to panic:

Four years ago, I seem to remember the same rogues' gallery of pollsters saying Trump's negatives were between 60 and 70%. In other words, -20 to -30.

Also seem to remember them saying Trump was -15 versus Clinton.

So, he's actually in a significantly better position than he was at the same point (or even later) of the last election, which I'm sure you remember he also went on to win. (After all, how could you ever forget that, when you were almost certainly crying, primal screaming, and sh!tting your skirt with the same amount of emotional maturity and mental health as the rest of your side?)

I just saw a video of Donna Brazile melting down in desperation over it all slipping away; take your cue from her.

Edited by Ben Cranklin
  • Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Ben Cranklin said:

Or maybe time for your type to panic:

Four years ago, I seem to remember the same rogues' gallery of pollsters saying Trump's negatives were between 60 and 70%. In other words, -20 to -30.

Also seem to remember them saying Trump was -15 versus Clinton.

So, he's actually in a significantly better position than he was at the same point (or even later) of the last election, which I'm sure you remember he also went on to win. (After all, how could you ever forget that, when you were almost certainly crying, primal screaming, and sh!tting your skirt with the same amount of emotional maturity and mental health as the rest of your side?)

I just saw a video of Donna Brazile melting down in desperation over it all slipping away; take your cue from her.

You don’t know what you are talking about - Trump was about -15 after Republican nomination and vs Hillary the polling fluctuated from time to time to around 0% (Trump won with -2%)

We don’t see that with Biden, his negatives are way better than Hillary’s and His polling aggregate VS Trump has very consistent winning margins. 

Strictly from polling perspective Trump is doing way worse than he was against Hillary.

I suggest you go review it and then come back and post.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2

zurg

Anton must be right. Dementia Joe is gonna win. It’s not gonna be even close - the polls say so. Just like last time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

ThePatriot

And, as usual, Anton gets b!tch slapped.

Apparently, he enjoys getting beaten like a mule.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Natural Selection
32 minutes ago, Ben Cranklin said:

From your tone, it reads like you might be taking my advice vis a vis Donna Brazile and desperation. Looks as good on you as on her.

But OK, since your side's polls seems to be so important to you, I took a look back at RCP, which you seem to value.

I concede the 15% spread was earlier than I remembered. However, on August 27, 2016 (exactly four years to the day) the average was 48.4 to 42.1 (Trump -6.3, virtually the same as what you cite for Trump versus Biden now). Way later than that, on October 18, it was 49 to 41.9 (Trump -7.1)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Your RCP doesn't seem to have up-to-the-minute unfavorables on Biden (at least  I couldn't find them on there after a cursory search), but from what they do have, Biden's unfavorables are not nearly as good as you seem to want to believe. He's underwater, even averaging all of them. (-1.6)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/joe_biden_favorableunfavorable-6677.html#polls

So, if Trump's favorable is -10 -- per your assertion, today -- that is far better than the unfavorability Trump had at this time four years ago, which was about -27 (I couldn't get the cursor to land right on August 27, 2016, otherwise I'd give you the exact number)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/trump_favorableunfavorable-5493.html#polls

Clinton's favorability on August 27, 2016 was -10.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/clinton_favorableunfavorable-1131.html

So, four years ago, Trump had a favorability gap of 17 with his opponent ( -27 vs -10). By comparison, exactly four years later his favorability gap with his opponent is half that, 8.4 (-10 vs -1.6).

Respectfully, from the above, your conclusion about Trump doing "way worse" against Biden than he was against Hillary at the same point in the election is flawed. If anything, he is currently on pace to do better.

And all that's playing your game with your chosen "data".

You should destroy Anton's BS more often. Great job!

I think one of reasons Anton continues to post his BS is because he knows most people won't invest the time to deconstruct his lies. It's always satisfying to see someone finally get so fed up with his posts that they put aside what they were doing and give him the smack down he deserves.

hulk-smack-down.gif

• Agree (+1) 1

MTP Reggie
2 hours ago, AntonToo said:

I suggest you go review it and then come back and post.

You sure are demanding of others lately.

zurg
24 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

I think one of reasons Anton continues to post his BS is because he knows most people won't invest the time to deconstruct his lies. It's always satisfying to see someone finally get so fed up with his posts that they put aside what they were doing and give him the smack down he deserves.

hulk-smack-down.gif

+1, fantastic job Ben. Of course, Anton will come back with goalposts in motion, feebleness on display. Wouldn’t expect anything less with his 0% correctness rating. 

mjperry51
22 minutes ago, zurg said:

+1, fantastic job Ben. Of course, Anton will come back with goalposts in motion, feebleness on display. Wouldn’t expect anything less with his 0% correctness rating. 

d85p9q2-2a66b5cd-2340-4e9b-b6d8-1fe268ca

Ben Cranklin
1 hour ago, Natural Selection said:

hulk-smack-down.gif

I visit here more for friendship than rivalry.

I come from one of the "bluest" parts of the country, so it's nice to relax in an environment where I can just trade wisecracks over the headlines of the day with people I have a little in common with, rather than get into protracted arguments with those I don't (and whom I see enough of in real life, here, anyway). I only got into it a little this time because he sort of ridiculed the worth of a thread I started, so I guess I felt a slight responsibility. Plus, his first post stood without a rebuttal for a while, so I figured "if not me, then whom", or something like that.

Anyway, looks like this campaign is heating up; we should all have a lot of jokes and fun ahead, especially around the debates and (fingers crossed!) election night.   

• Agree (+1) 3

Ben Cranklin
53 minutes ago, zurg said:

+1, fantastic job Ben. 

A pleasure doing business for you. 🙂

Natural Selection
1 hour ago, mjperry51 said:

d85p9q2-2a66b5cd-2340-4e9b-b6d8-1fe268ca

Stunned, but still alive.

AntonToo
11 hours ago, MTP Reggie said:

You sure are demanding of others lately.

Suggestion is not a demand.

• Disagree (-1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ben Cranklin said:

From your tone, it reads like you might be taking my advice vis a vis Donna Brazile and desperation. Looks as good on you as on her.

But OK, since your side's polls seems to be so important to you, I took a look back at RCP, which you seem to value.

I concede the 15% spread was earlier than I remembered. However, on August 27, 2016 (exactly four years to the day) the average was 48.4 to 42.1 (Trump -6.3, virtually the same as what you cite for Trump versus Biden now). Way later than that, on October 18, it was 49 to 41.9 (Trump -7.1)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Your RCP doesn't seem to have up-to-the-minute unfavorables on Biden (at least  I couldn't find them on there after a cursory search), but from what they do have, Biden's unfavorables are not nearly as good as you seem to want to believe. He's underwater, even averaging all of them. (-1.6)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/joe_biden_favorableunfavorable-6677.html#polls

So, if Trump's favorable is -10 -- per your assertion, today -- that is far better than the unfavorability Trump had at this time four years ago, which was about -27 (I couldn't get the cursor to land right on August 27, 2016, otherwise I'd give you the exact number)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/trump_favorableunfavorable-5493.html#polls

Clinton's favorability on August 27, 2016 was -10.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/clinton_favorableunfavorable-1131.html

So, four years ago, Trump had a favorability gap of 17 with his opponent ( -27 vs -10). By comparison, exactly four years later his favorability gap with his opponent is half that, 8.4 (-10 vs -1.6).

Respectfully, from the above, your conclusion about Trump doing "way worse" against Biden than he was against Hillary at the same point in the election is flawed. If anything, he is currently on pace to do better.

And all that's playing your game with your chosen "data".

...did you just seriously base your entire argument on a single day of data to refute what I said about half year worth of trends?

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, NH Populist said:

Uh Anton, you can't be serious!   Your side's turned half a dozen cities into war zones, I hate to be the one to break the news, but that's not how you win elections...

War zones? Are you on drugs?

And “my side” has NOTHING to do with some of the criminal behavior seen break out here and there. Criminals are not on “My side” ...and that’s something Trump (aka Individual #1) can’t say about many of his associates.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Noclevermoniker
4 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

...did you just seriously base your entire argument on a single day of data to refute what I said about half year worth of trends?

You’re on track for continued 100% wrong in your predictions. 

Spoiler alert: your brains in a wall on Nov. 4. By your own hand. 

• Haha (+1) 2