To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Pro-Trump student convicted of felony wiretapping after recording anti-Trump professor

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Pro-Trump student convicted of felony wiretapping after recording anti-Trump professor

https://www.bizpacreview.com/

Lacey Kestecher, Campus Reform

August 27, 2020 

Article:

Jared Schafkopf, a student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, has been convicted on one felony count of wiretapping after he recorded associate professor of mathematics Rachelle Bouchat without her knowledge.

Schafkof previously told Campus Reform that he was graded differently by Bouchat after he wore a Make America Great Again hat to her class. Schafkopf said he would lose credit on math problems, despite having the right answer, because he did not show his work. Schafkof went to Bouchat’s office to discuss his grades and the instances in which he felt that Bouchat discriminated against him for his political beliefs.

Schafkof previously told Campus Reform that Bouchat called the police after “freaking out” during their conversation.

According to the criminal complaint, a copy of which Campus Reform obtained, Bouchat said Schafkof’s “behavior and demeanor was alarming and intimidating and she feared for her safety as well as her children’s.”

Because Pennsylvania is a two-party consent state, recorded conversations require permission from at least two parties.

Bouchat allegedly stated that she made the call because Schafkof recorded their discussion in her office without her consent.

Indiana County District Attorney Robert F. Manzi announced that Schafkopf was found guilty of felony wiretapping.

Manzi claimed that “Schafkopf did not produce any evidence of discrimination during the 100 level math course.” He further stated that while “Dr. Bouchat remained calm and professional throughout the interaction,” Schafkopf tried “to bait her into argument.”

117717333_166888004928087_78470509818595

BREAKING NEWS

Jared Schafkopf found guilty of felony wiretap violation.

District Attorney Bob Manzi is proud to announce that defendant Jared Schafkopf was found guilty at trial of a felony wiretap violation. Schafkopf, an IUP senior, alleged that Dr. Rachelle Bouchat was discriminating against him because of his political beliefs. Schafkopf utilized a GoPro camera to secretly record the professor in her private office. During the secret recording, Dr. Bouchat remained cal...

See More

Full Story

Ben Cranklin

Am I reading that correctly? This rates as a "felony"? 

Ladybird
24 minutes ago, pepperonikkid said:

Schafkof previously told Campus Reform that he was graded differently by Bouchat after he wore a Make America Great Again hat to her class. Schafkopf said he would lose credit on math problems, despite having the right answer, because he did not show his work. Schafkof went to Bouchat’s office to discuss his grades and the instances in which he felt that Bouchat discriminated against him for his political beliefs.

That was the rule on math tests back in the olden days when I went to school. Show your work.

• Disagree (-1) 2

zurg
38 minutes ago, Ben Cranklin said:

If this is a felony, what would Obama's wiretapping be rated as...?

• Agree (+1) 1

mjperry51
10 minutes ago, zurg said:

Treason?

Sedition?

• Agree (+1) 1

BootsieBets
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pepperonikkid said:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/

Lacey Kestecher, Campus Reform

August 27, 2020 

Article:

Jared Schafkopf, a student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, has been convicted on one felony count of wiretapping after he recorded associate professor of mathematics Rachelle Bouchat without her knowledge.

Schafkof previously told Campus Reform that Bouchat called the police after “freaking out” during their conversation.

According to the criminal complaint, a copy of which Campus Reform obtained, Bouchat said Schafkof’s “behavior and demeanor was alarming and intimidating and she feared for her safety as well as her children’s.”

Because Pennsylvania is a two-party consent state, recorded conversations require permission from at least two parties.

Bouchat allegedly stated that she made the call because Schafkof recorded their discussion in her office without her consent.

Indiana County District Attorney Robert F. Manzi announced that Schafkopf was found guilty of felony wiretapping.

Manzi claimed that “Schafkopf did not produce any evidence of discrimination during the 100 level math course.” He further stated that while “Dr. Bouchat remained calm and professional throughout the interaction,” Schafkopf tried “to bait her into argument.”

BREAKING NEWS

Jared Schafkopf found guilty of felony wiretap violation.

District Attorney Bob Manzi is proud to announce that defendant Jared Schafkopf was found guilty at trial of a felony wiretap violation. Schafkopf, an IUP senior, alleged that Dr. Rachelle Bouchat was discriminating against him because of his political beliefs. Schafkopf utilized a GoPro camera to secretly record the professor in her private office. During the secret recording, Dr. Bouchat remained cal...

See More

Full Story

Wow, I am amazed to find out that Indiana County apparently has no murders, rapes, burglaries, etc., thus freeing the DA’s office to pursue such a threat to society as this rogue math student with a GoPro.   

Edited by BootsieBets

Severian

This quote seems appropriate here;

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.
— Ayn Rand

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
2 hours ago, Ben Cranklin said:

Pennsylvania
Under Pennsylvania law it is a felony to record an oral or telephone communication without the consent of all parties. Offenders are also subject to civil liability.

18 PA Cons Stat § 5703, § 5704 (definition & penalty), § 5725, § 5747 (civil damages)"

https://www.justia.com/50-state-surveys/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations/

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

DA Robert Manazi sounds like a Soros purchase.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ben Cranklin
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Pennsylvania
Under Pennsylvania law it is a felony to record an oral or telephone communication without the consent of all parties. Offenders are also subject to civil liability.

18 PA Cons Stat § 5703, § 5704 (definition & penalty), § 5725, § 5747 (civil damages)"

https://www.justia.com/50-state-surveys/recording-phone-calls-and-conversations/

I'm just expressing some surprise that something which isn't even a crime in some states is a felony in others, rather than say, a misdemeanor. If Indiana University in Indiana County had actually been in Indiana State, for example, this wouldn't have even been an issue.

https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/indiana-recording-law#:~:text=Indiana Wiretapping Law,See Ind.

And that a DA would actually have a press release "proudly announcing" something so minor...it's not like he secretly took naked pictures of her and posted them online. Weird.

Noclevermoniker
3 minutes ago, Ben Cranklin said:

I'm just expressing some surprise that something which isn't even a crime in some states is a felony in others, rather than say, a misdemeanor. If Indiana University in Indiana County had actually been in Indiana State, for example, this wouldn't have even been an issue.

https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/indiana-recording-law#:~:text=Indiana Wiretapping Law,See Ind.

And that a DA would actually have a press release "proudly announcing" something so minor...it's not like he secretly took naked pictures of her and posted them online. Weird.

Simple. It’s a victory over a conservative kid “who ought to know better”.  If he’d been black, Hank’s Dog would be screaming at the sky instead of quoting chapter and verse of the penal code. 

• Like (+1) 1

zurg
2 hours ago, Ben Cranklin said:

It was probably thought of as retribution for Nick Sandmann's victory over the elite media.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

Professor Douchehat need to be removed from her post, but given how tenure is dispensed like PEZ candy, it's doubtful that she'll go anywhere.

Which is a cautionary tale for any student who has conservative leanings in her class.  Don't sign up for it.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Severian

Man, I was so lucky I went to college when I did. Even in the "logic" and philosophy classes and history classes I was forced to take, there wasn't this blatant indoctrination and leftist twaddle going on. And back then my STEM classed were just that, STEM and NO politics at all. Hell, they were taught with enough rigor that there wasn't time to breathe let alone devolve into anything other than the subject.

Then again, maybe since I CLEP'd out of a year of credit hours I didn't encounter as much of the required soft subject classes as many did, but my buddies never mentioned any bias, and some of them were to the right of Barry Goldwater.

Taggart Transcontinental
23 hours ago, zurg said:

Justice!