To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

California Teachers Union Seeks Power to 'Transition' Children's Gender Without Parents' Consent

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

California Teachers Union Seeks Power to 'Transition' Children's Gender Without Parents' Consent

https://neonnettle.com/

By: Jay Greenberg  |@NeonNettle

on 8th September 2020

Article:

Minors may get sex changes without parental consent

In liberal California you have to be 18 to get a tattoo, 16 to drive a car, 21 to buy a gun, alcohol, or pot, but if you want to "change" your gender, you only have to be 12-years-old, and your public school will be more than happy to help.

Under the policy the California Teachers Association is pushing, children will be able to get an abortion, refill their birth control, or even start hormone therapy to "transition" genders, simply by asking a teacher - and all without their parents finding out.

Recent statements from the California Teachers Association suggest that students should be able to undergo a sex change procedure without parental consent or knowledge.

And while this CTA belief does not directly change regulations on the issue, it shows the kind of legislation the powerful union is seeking to support.

On January 26, CTA changed an existing policy to explicitly include transgender and non-binary youth among the students who can leave class without parental permission to receive birth control, abortions, and other such services.

While the updated policy does not include “hormone therapy” explicitly, the rationale discussed by CTA’s civil rights committee in making the policy change indicates that’s the final goal.

Concerned teachers leaked the policy change to The Epoch Times, which is not publicly available.

CTA spokesperson Claudia Briggs confirmed the new belief statement.

Full Story

Dean Adam Smithee

I'm not sure what this really as to do with the CTA.

Since 1997, minors in CA have been able to get an abortion without EVEN a Teacher's (or Parent's) consent. Heck, it's even illegal to tell the parents about it after the fact with the written consent of the minor.

Since (I think) 2012 or so, same true for gender reassignment. WHAT'S WORSE is that since 2018 it's done for "free" on the taxpayers' nickel. (If this keeps up, CA taxpayers won't even have THAT nickel left over after taxes.)

The Federalist (2018): California Passes Law Allowing 12-Year-Olds To Get Tax-Paid Transgender Treatments.

I can just imagine the dinner-table conversations:

"Dear, is it me or does it look like our 13 YO son has a nice pair of tits? And maybe it's just the lighting, but I think our flat-chested daughter needs a shave ."

Even worse off is the Mom who has to go in for THAT talk.

"Daughter, let's talk about blood and cramps and "that time of the month". "No need to worry mom, I got that solved, check out THIS Tallywhacker. It's the "Ron Jeremy". Should I have gone for the "John Holmes"?

Which would be about the time my FirstNet radio goes off with, "Code 3, possible cardiac arrest at..."

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

Time for parents to start paying attention...

Then again, having lived in CA for 54 years, I know that there are alot of people there who don't care what their kids do...  or who does what to their kids.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Noclevermoniker

Remember the story about Stalin rounding up a bunch of Tsarist generals, loading them on a barge, and the sinking the barge in a river?

Yeah, for some reason that story struck me just now....

zurg
21 minutes ago, Noclevermoniker said:

Remember the story about Stalin rounding up a bunch of Tsarist generals, loading them on a barge, and the sinking the barge in a river?

Yeah, for some reason that story struck me just now....

Substitute the Pacific Ocean for the river and what you’re suggesting suddenly makes a lot of sense to me.... 

Alexis

What insanity!  And of course, the lefties will make transitioning so cool!

Howsithangin

There is no slippery slope

Remember, "It takes a village", not parents  <_<

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

SARGE
4 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I'm not sure what this really as to do with the CTA.

"And while this CTA belief does not directly change regulations on the issue, it shows the kind of legislation the powerful union is seeking to support."  - from the article

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

JerryL

Just another reason why I will NEVER live in California again.  Stationed there 3 times with the Navy, which insulated me from a lot of their insanity.  Glad I NEVER had school aged kids while living there.

• Agree (+1) 1

mjperry51
14 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

there are alot of people there who don't care what their kids do...  or who does what to their kids

It's not just California -- it's all over.

That's why we spent over $65,000 for 11 years of private school for our daughter (and that doesn't even include tuition assistance from the school!). Even though our local public schools are pretty good, there are just too many parents who aren't involved. GWB did get a few things - one was the "soft bigotry of low expectations".. But he didn't talk about them with respect to one's own children. . .