To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Shaky McSelfie

19 families buy nearly 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a city safe for Black people

Rate this topic

Ladybird
1 hour ago, Natural Selection said:

zimmerman-neighborhood-watch.jpg

Curious that you would use this POS as an example.. Who else, the father and son jogger patrol?

• Haha (+1) 1

kestrel
41 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Curious that you would use this POS as an example.. Who else, the father and son jogger patrol?

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Tikk
56 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Meanwhile, Trayvon(tm) is still dead and Trump is still President.

Still waiting on the where it is not lawfully to be black.....

Unless you're talking about the Wayans Bros

ISoe8dV.gif

• Agree (+1) 1

Natural Selection
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Obviously, my point escaped you.

Who do you think is better trained, neighborhood "patrols" or the police?

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I don't know. Maybe they'll have their own patrols and ambulance corp, like in Orthodox communities, which no one has a problem with btw.  If these people wish to pool their resources to create, what they view as a safe environment, what the heck is to anyone else?

My bet is that they will find a way to have everything subsidized/paid for by taxpayer money.

Gotsda make whitey pay.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

snl-chase-superJumbo.jpg

This just in: Trayvon Martin is still dead.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Noclevermoniker
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I don't know. Maybe they'll have their own patrols and ambulance corp, like in Orthodox communities, which no one has a problem with btw.  If these people wish to pool their resources to create, what they view as a safe environment, what the heck is to anyone else?

Raz Ma Taz for enforcer!  He’ll bring his ghetto-style control to de folks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Tikk
1 hour ago, Natural Selection said:

...and you thought your HOA was bad .....

• Haha (+1) 2

Moderator T
5 hours ago, Ladybird said:

The community patrols in Orthodox communities don't have police power, and plenty of people outside the community take exception to people who dress and equip themselves in a way to imitate actual police as close as possible in order to confuse outsiders into believing they're something they're not.  They can't arrest anyone, can't search anything, and can't use force beyond what any normal person could use.  It would be no different than the CHOP.  As for what it is to anyone else, last time I checked they weren't seceding, which means they'd still have to comply with local, county, state, and federal laws and police.  Sure, they can agree among themselves to not call the police, but isn't that what already happens in many communities?  Does that make them safer?

JerryL
7 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Wait a minute.  Why did you skip all of this from Mod T's post:

"What percentage of black people in America do you believe are unable to be "black in public without being set upon by white policemen and their dogs?"  How many times has a white policeman set his dogs upon you?  Do you believe it happens so often to such a high proportion of black Americans that the best answer is racial segregation?"

You threw out the assertion that black people are being attacked by white policemen and their dogs.  Back it up.  How many times have YOU been "set upon" by white policement or had police dogs unleashed on you for simply being black?  Where is the place where this routinely happens?

oki
6 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Unless someone is a volunteer(which Zimmerman was) it means training, certification, background check etc.  Essentially an Officer of the law.  Ain't much in between.

Also, most volunteers are not going to, much less be able to pay for all of the above if it becomes a requirement.  So what does that leave then?

zurg
5 hours ago, Natural Selection said:

You served an ace, the chair umpire said it was an ace, the instant replay showed it was an ace, LB is out of challenges but she keeps insisting that she's right.

Oh yeah, and sun still sets in the western sky.

• Agree (+1) 1

Natural Selection
11 minutes ago, zurg said:

You served an ace, the chair umpire said it was an ace, the instant replay showed it was an ace, LB is out of challenges but she keeps insisting that she's right.

Oh yeah, and sun still sets in the western sky.

Well put. :lol:

Ladybird
13 hours ago, Moderator T said:

The community patrols in Orthodox communities don't have police power, and plenty of people outside the community take exception to people who dress and equip themselves in a way to imitate actual police as close as possible in order to confuse outsiders into believing they're something they're not.  They can't arrest anyone, can't search anything, and can't use force beyond what any normal person could use.  It would be no different than the CHOP.  As for what it is to anyone else, last time I checked they weren't seceding, which means they'd still have to comply with local, county, state, and federal laws and police.  Sure, they can agree among themselves to not call the police, but isn't that what already happens in many communities?  Does that make them safer?

Of course they have to comply with authorities if any laws are broken. I'm talking patrols by people from the neighborhood, whom they trust.  Who will not follow them home, harass them and otherwise racially profile their family members just for having dark skin, and who are not afraid of black people.  I don't know how any of this will be set up, but landowners banding together is no comparison to any 'CHOP Zone' full of hoodlums. These people want to have a place for themselves. 

If this were white rural families pooling their resources this way, would you have a problem with it?

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 1

firecoco
On 9/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, grimreefer said:

You're better than this.

No she’s not

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
14 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

snl-chase-superJumbo.jpg

This just in: Trayvon Martin is still dead.

May St Skittles RIP

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then (I) look around and see someone white and feel relieved."

--Jesse Jackson

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
6 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

May St Skittles RIP

How is what these people want to do any threat to you?

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Howsithangin
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

How is what these people want to do any threat to you?

They're not any threat to me.  

I find it amusing that one day segregation is BAD, today, it's good. Separate but equal was BAD, but today it's good.  

Further, it's laughably naive, and shows a staggering lack of current and historical data. It's a sad statement, but show me an overwhelmingly black city or nation, and I'll show you stratospheric violent crime rates.  

To borrow a phrase, maybe---just maybe---it's not everyone else.

• Agree (+1) 2

Natural Selection
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I'm talking patrols by people from the neighborhood, whom they trust.  Who will not follow them home, harass them and otherwise racially profile their family members just for having dark skin, and who are not afraid of black people.

What happens if one of these family members turns out to be a criminal? How does the neighborhood patrol deal with that?

Magic Rat
30 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

What happens if one of these family members turns out to be a criminal? How does the neighborhood patrol deal with that?

They simply he respect on him and blame white people.  Especially since his victim will most likely be "of color".  Black Lives Matter, don't you know.

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Moderator T
11 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Of course they have to comply with authorities if any laws are broken. I'm talking patrols by people from the neighborhood, whom they trust.  Who will not follow them home, harass them and otherwise racially profile their family members just for having dark skin, and who are not afraid of black people.  I don't know how any of this will be set up, but landowners banding together is no comparison to any 'CHOP Zone' full of hoodlums. These people want to have a place for themselves. 

If this were white rural families pooling their resources this way, would you have a problem with it?

Yes I would.  I'm not a fan of any insular communities that want to remain American yet wall themselves off from the rest of the country.  I'm not a fan of Muslim communities that do it nor am I a fan of Orthodox Jewish communities that do it. 

I also take exception to the reasoning behind this.  The number of racist white cops who sick their dogs on innocent black folk is minuscule.  As for how it'll be set up, that matters a great deal.  If they're only accepting middle class people with good jobs and stable families, everything will be fine, but that'd be true regardless.  If they focus on bringing people struggling with poverty, it won't change anything because the police will be in their community constantly as drugs and crime follow poverty, not race.

JerryL
23 hours ago, JerryL said:

Wait a minute.  Why did you skip all of this from Mod T's post:

"What percentage of black people in America do you believe are unable to be "black in public without being set upon by white policemen and their dogs?"  How many times has a white policeman set his dogs upon you?  Do you believe it happens so often to such a high proportion of black Americans that the best answer is racial segregation?"

You threw out the assertion that black people are being attacked by white policemen and their dogs.  Back it up.  How many times have YOU been "set upon" by white policement or had police dogs unleashed on you for simply being black?  Where is the place where this routinely happens?

Wow.  LB didn't want to back up her assertions or provide any personal experience that would even begin to back up her hatred of the police and distrust of white people, in general.

What. A.  Surprise.  :sarcasm:

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
11 hours ago, Ladybird said:

"and who are not afraid of black people."

Shoot home girl most black folks are afraid of other Black Folks..and you know "why"! if you're unclear on the concept ask Rev Jackson.

Kestrel X...

Buckwheat Jones
13 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Probably. If they set up a brand new town called Whiteville.