To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

The Atlantic calls to cancel the Nobel Peace Prize after Trump is nominated for a SECOND

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

The Atlantic calls to cancel the Nobel Peace Prize after Trump is nominated for a SECOND

https://www.bizpacreview.com/

Vivek Saxena

September 12, 2020

Article:

It’s over for the Nobel Peace Prize …

After a 119-year run, the Nobel Peace Prize faces cancellation from some members of the left now that President Donald Trump has been nominated for it again.

On Wednesday, Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian parliament for the populist Progress Party, nominated Trump for the prize over the historic peace deal between Israel and the UAE that his administration has reached.

“For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” Tybring-Gjedde, who also serves as the chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, said to Fox News.

“I’m not a big Trump supporter. The committee should look at the facts and judge him on the facts – not on the way he behaves sometimes. The people who have received the Peace Prize in recent years have done much less than Donald Trump. For example, Barack Obama did nothing.”

Two days later, Swedish politician Magnus Jacobsson announced via Twitter that he’s nominating the Trump administration as a whole for the prize as well over the administration’s successful efforts at promoting peace abroad.

Look:

Full Story

• Haha (+1) 2

Dean Adam Smithee
36 minutes ago, pepperonikkid said:

They're a bit late to the game. It should have been cancelled when Obama got his FIRST one.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

Right, they are now calling to marginalize the efforts of the POTUS by giving it to the governments of Kosovo, Bosnia, and the US. I am sure they are expecting to avoid giving it to Trump since he's the one that earned it. I would laugh if he sent his son in law to accept it. Or some clerk in the mail room.

Shaky McSelfie

Can there be a better example that the left have become nothing more than petulant children at this point in time?

• Agree (+1) 2

zurg
1 hour ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Can there be a better example that the left have become nothing more than petulant children at this point in time?

This is a good example, that’s for sure. 

Like many are noticing, the left isn’t even trying to hide it anymore. 

Ticked@TinselTown

“I’m not a big Trump supporter. The committee should look at the facts and judge him on the facts – not on the way he behaves sometimes. The people who have received the Peace Prize in recent years have done much less than Donald Trump. For example, Barack Obama did nothing.”

Flight 2020 of REALITY HEADLINES now arriving at Gate 9...

• Haha (+1) 1

NH Populist

After reading this... 

The resulting philosophy of “liberal internationalism” prioritizes globalist organizations over national governments and boosts ideas like arms control and environmentalism.

“To Norwegians it is almost as if the USA is split in two,” Lundestad writes. “A liberal and democratic country with which we feel solidarity and a conservative country for which we have little respect.”

Here... NY Post   I'm not sure Trump should even accept their silly prize...

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
11 hours ago, NH Populist said:

After reading this... 

The resulting philosophy of “liberal internationalism” prioritizes globalist organizations over national governments and boosts ideas like arms control and environmentalism.

“To Norwegians it is almost as if the USA is split in two,” Lundestad writes. “A liberal and democratic country with which we feel solidarity and a conservative country for which we have little respect.”

To Americans it is almost as if there are two Norways. The 99.9% version that is best described as a circle jerk. And the 0.1% version that actually uses their brains. We have absolutely no respect for the circle jerk segment. 

grimreefer
11 hours ago, NH Populist said:

After reading this... 

Each recipient (known as a "laureate") receives a gold medal, a diploma, and a sum of money that has been decided by the Nobel Foundation. (As of 2020, each prize is worth about US$935,366.)

Accept it and donate the money to something like the Gun Owners of America and/or Judicial Watch. :sailor: