pepperonikkid

NAACP Refuses to Call 9/11 Attacks an Act of Terrorism, Backlash is Swift

https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/

Published  1 day ago 

on September 12, 2020

By Warner Todd Huston

Article:

new_york_911_pillar_lights-1200x630.jpg

In a tweet meant as a memorial to the horrific terror attacks on Sept. 11, the NAACP said that the attack was only a “horrific incident that occurred on 2001.”

In a tweet that was meant as a memorial to the horrific terror attacks on Sept. 11, the NAACP said only that the attack was a “horrific incident that occurred on 2001.” And the backlash was swift and sharp.

In its tweet posted on the morning of Sept. 11 this year, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) wrote, “Today we remember all the lives lost and families affected during the horrific incident that occurred in 2001.” The tweet also contained a photo of two beams of light rising up in a New York city scape along with the words “Always Remember, 9.11.01.”

While the graphic told followers to “always remember,” the group’s tweet seemed to reveal that the NAACP itself was the one forgetting something.

It forgot that the attack on Sept. 11 was NOT merely a “horrific incident that occurred on 2001.”

That “incident” was Islamic terrorism.

And immediately, the NAACP was reminded of what it forgot by people responding to the ill-advised tweet.

In fact, if you look over the Twitter replies, you’ll find it difficult to find any replies supportive of the NAACP6’s tweet.

Full Story

Martin
13 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Someone did something, isn't that the accepted party line?

No, that would concede that the something someone did was deliberate.  The NAACP says the horrific incident merely occurred, just as though it were an accident.  

Noclevermoniker
32 minutes ago, USNJIMRET said:

So, was slavery just some 'bad times' back in the day?

Some people did something. Or something. It was a long time ago, so my givaschitter doesn’t work that far back. 

• Like (+1) 1

zurg

I'll add one more ingredient that must not be forgotten to mention.

What happened on 9/11/2001 was an act of Islamic terrorism. Or Muslim terrorism. Not just plain terrorism, but terrorism committed by muslims who hate America.

So NAACP tried changing the whole message. Not terrorism, but an incident. Not by muslims, but by unknowns, maybe to be relegated to 'act of God'. A complete erasure. A complete lie. To be added to elementary school history books all around the country.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Jon Wayne

Did all those Saudi muslim terrorists who took flying lessons in the U.S. ever have to produce any[/]sort of legitimate documentation proving employment requirements to be able to take those lessons …. or can anyone with a beard and body odor be trained to fly a 737 jet?

searcher
1 hour ago, USNJIMRET said:

Perfect!!

Mark

grimreefer

Today we remember all the lives lost and families affected during the horrific incident that occurred in 2001. #NeverForget - NAACP

:2cents:

I really didn't see anything wrong with that post or it being comparable to that POS's "some people did something". They're not the ones who stated it was ONLY a horrific incident and I didn't detect any ill/dismissive intent from it.

Of course I've been wrong before. :shrug:

gravelrash
8 minutes ago, grimreefer said:

I really didn't see anything wrong with that post or it being comparable to that POS's "some people did something". They're not the ones who stated it was ONLY a horrific incident and I didn't detect any ill/dismissive intent from it.

One definition of an incident is a random occurrence. September 11th was an orchestrated attack that was 75% successful  (3/4). The NAACP statement was dismissive.

USNJIMRET
1 hour ago, grimreefer said:

Well, IMO, this makes at least two then. ;)

Words mean things, and reducing the terrorist attack of 9-11-01 to a ''horrific incident'' makes the event just another thing that happened.

Again, IMO.

• Agree (+1) 1

tonguezilla

I remember seeing a still photo of a black man falling....I don't know how far....I felt so helpless and angry.

Glad the NAACP see's this terrorist incident thru their black lives crap filter.  It only exposes their bankruptcy.

Howsithangin

I'd thought that the NAACP, which I dislike, was at least one step higher than BLM.  Guess not.

Scum

Howsithangin
8 hours ago, USNJIMRET said:

Just a hard day's work

Shaky McSelfie
12 hours ago, zurg said:

I'll add one more ingredient that must not be forgotten to mention.

What happened on 9/11/2001 was an act of Islamic terrorism. Or Muslim terrorism. Not just plain terrorism, but terrorism committed by muslims who hate America.

So NAACP tried changing the whole message. Not terrorism, but an incident. Not by muslims, but by unknowns, maybe to be relegated to 'act of God'. A complete erasure. A complete lie. To be added to elementary school history books all around the country.

Heck, they couldn’t even muster up that it happened on 9/11. 

RedSoloCup

F the NAALCP.