Detroit Police Chief Shreds Dem Senator for Suggesting Police Should Be Unarmed

Rate this topic

Moderator T

Detroit Police Chief Shreds Dem Senator for Suggesting Police Should Be Unarmed

Beth Baumann

Townhall

9/14/20

EXCERPT:

Detroit Police Chief James Craig slammed Democratic Sen. Ed Markey for saying police officers should be unarmed. Markey's statement comes after two Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputies were shot at point blank range in Compton on Saturday.

According to Craig, the senator's statement is "absolutely ridiculous."

"You know what I find fascinating, Martha?" the police chief asked Fox News' Martha MacCallum. "And even Rashida Talib out here in my state of Michigan who is calling for me to resign, let me just say this: when are we going to start talking about disarming criminals?"

“I’ve been on the record. I support law-abiding citizens to be armed, but criminals?” the police chief asked, clearly confused. "And so it's okay to attack police officers and then, everyone always says one thing: 'these were peaceful protestors.' So I guess when you're throwing Molotov cocktails, railroad spikes, other projectiles, you're using green lasers, I guess that constitutes being 'peaceful.'"

(Full Story)

grimreefer
1 hour ago, Moderator T said:

let me just say this: when are we going to start talking about disarming criminals?"

:clap::clap::clap:

It would also help to actually prosecute criminals when they violate existing gun laws. The left seems to want wants everyone disarmed except criminals.

• Agree (+1) 3