An update on Google's election game playing

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

An update on Google's election game playing

https://www.americanthinker.com/

By Andrea Widburg

September 15, 2020

Article:

Yesterday, I wrote about how Google uses its search engine to make it harder for people to investigate concerns about Joe Biden's declining mental state.  Having listened to Scott Adams on Monday and then conducted searches in line with his suggestions, I could see that Google's information manipulation is more subtle and far-reaching than would first appear.

You can read here my September 14 post about how Google's search engine, which accounts for at least 80% of all internet searches, gives Biden an in-kind campaign donation by discouraging inquiries into his possible dementia.

On Real Coffee with Scott Adams, Adams identified second- and third-level experiments that show Google's subtlety and its continued efforts to protect Biden and attack Trump.  (You can see the Scott Adams video at the end of this post.)

Someone pointed out to Adams that the "Joe Biden has [dementia]" experiment needed to be balanced with a Donald Trump experiment.  Adams, therefore, did a Google search to see how Google's autocorrect handled a search for Trump and racism.

What you discover, if you use Bing's search engine as a control, is that both Bing and Google do not autosuggest "Trump is a racist."  Instead, Bing returns several different autosuggestions, while Google gives no suggestions:

223734_5_.jpg

223735_5_.jpg

The impression one is left with is that Google would rather remain silent than risk the possibility that an autosuggest term could provide useful or even positive information about Trump.  In other words, while Google is careful not to badmouth Trump, it's taking no chances.

Full Story

ThePatriot

I don't use google any more.

I use duckduckgo.

Google, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, etc., can all crash and burn for all I care.

mjperry51
40 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

I use duckduckgo.

Google, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, etc., can all crash and burn for all I care.

Been using DuckDuckGo for a while now. Never used Instagram; YouTube rarely. Only use Google for one professional group.

My browser is Firefox, which has a Facebook Container plug-in. Blocks Facebook from tracking my activities on other sites. I only get on FB for specific people (daughter and a few friends).

kestrel
3 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

I use duckduckgo.

Yep...and I have no where near the trash to clean up on my system like I had when I was using googoo

Kestrel...

Dean Adam Smithee
6 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

I use duckduckgo.

6 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

I use duckduckgo.

I tried duckduckgo. I really wanted to like it. But too many times I've needed to do a "deep dive" looking for some arcane technical/engineering information,  came up short on duckduckgo but found it right away on google.

Yahoo! still hosts my business website and business email for historical reasons - I built the site myself using Yahoo's  proprietary "Y-Site Builder" back in '07 or so when they were still a name to be reckoned with and I'm too frickin' lazy to want to do it all over again with someone else. But at least it's under MY domain name rather than blahblahblah.yahoo.com. Their search engine is worthless these days and I *never* read their news articles.

Facebook. I have a placeholder account in my name and my business name but never use it. I'm WAY more active on LinkedIn.

Instagram, twitter, that ChiCom-owned one whose name escapes me, WhatsApp, etc?  Never used any of them. Yeah, okay, so I've never seen Bruce Willis's 20-something daughter's bare tits on Instagram. I'm not sure I've really missed anything.

Youtube? Only when I want to steal a music video or old movie using AVC. (Oops, did I just post that out loud?). I've posted a couple of training videos privately  but will probably do the next ones of Vimeo, just seems like much more of a professional-level platform.

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee

Yes, of course, another "Automatic Thumbs Down". Within mere minutes. By someone who is apparently too much of a thumb-sucking bedwetting Nancy-boy to even explain WHY they disagree.

kestrel
45 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Yes, of course, another "Automatic Thumbs Down". Within mere minutes. By someone who is apparently too much of a thumb-sucking bedwetting Nancy-boy to even explain WHY they disagree.

I saw that!....how do you know its a boy?...(or Nancy Boy?)..