Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
pepperonikkid

It's time to end the lie that a person with a knife is basically 'unarmed'

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

pepperonikkid

It's time to end the lie that a person with a knife is basically 'unarmed'

 

https://www.americanthinker.com/

By Andrea Widburg

September 15, 2020

 

Article:

 

Part of what kept the Jacob Blake frenzy alive on the left was the fact that he did not have a gun.  The media and their paramilitary fighters on the street imply that the fact that Blake had a knife was inconsequential.  To them, he was unarmed.  The same thing is happening with Ricardo Munoz's death in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  A police officer shot Munoz when the latter came after him with a knife.  In reality, close-contact knife attacks are horrific and are just as deadly as bullets from afar.

The facts are uncontested: the police got a call from Munoz's family that he was off his schizophrenia medicines.  They tried calling Crisis Intervention (i.e., the people leftists insist will take over future policing), only to have the Crisis Intervention people direct them to the police.  Within seconds of the first police officer to arrive coming to the front door, Munoz, who had stabbed four people in 2019, rushed at him with a large knife.  The police officer, while fleeing, shot him:

The incident happens so quickly that it's difficult to see the knife in Munoz's hand.  Only a freeze-frame reveals that the knife had at least a five- or six-inch blade.

Our grotesque, dishonest media promptly framed the story to have the police officer play a racially motivated, murderous role.  Drew Holden has an excellent thread detailing this media malfeasance:

You can read the rest of Drew Holden's thread about the media's disgraceful behavior here.

<SNIP>

This video gives some idea about the dangers associated with knife attacks (language warning):

 

Full Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin

A man with a knife is basically unarmed in the same sense that Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman are basically alive.  

  • Agree (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeansToTheRight
14 minutes ago, Martin said:

A man with a knife is basically unarmed in the same sense that Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman are basically alive.  

That is a mic drop kind of response.  Perfect!  I’m going to steal that line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Severian

Unarmed my ass...people have been offing other people with great efficiency with sharp objects ever since the dawn of stone tools. And police "bullet proof" vests (they're not) are not designed to protect against knives. That can be done but it's a different kind of armor. Knife assault is most definitely assault with a deadly weapon, but the lying media have an agenda to push so when facts get in the way they are ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bearded old man

There used to be a 21 foot rule that has been  somewhat debunked by many as there are too many variables, but still,  self defense classes teach that if you have a gun and a person attacking with a knife  is withing 21 feet of you, then you will probably be killed or wounded.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin
1 hour ago, LeansToTheRight said:

That is a mic drop kind of response.  Perfect!  I’m going to steal that line.

Take it as a gift, it isn't copyrighted.  How about, "A man with a knife is basically unarmed in the same sense that Julius Caesar basically died of old age."

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oki
1 hour ago, Martin said:

A man with a knife is basically unarmed in the same sense that Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman are basically alive.  

 

       Can't argue that logic one bit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oki
50 minutes ago, Severian said:

Unarmed my ass...people have been offing other people with great efficiency with sharp objects ever since the dawn of stone tools. And police "bullet proof" vests (they're not) are not designed to protect against knives. That can be done but it's a different kind of armor. Knife assault is most definitely assault with a deadly weapon, but the lying media have an agenda to push so when facts get in the way they are ignored.

     Truth is poison when it doesn't fit or uphold a narrative.  Hell, if Knives weren't a weapon then why are they illegal as F to have in prison?  Why has Britain put strict laws in place?

I could go on, but you get it.  Funny thing though, a knife is still a far more effective weapon than a gun without bullets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator T
10 hours ago, bearded old man said:

There used to be a 21 foot rule that has been  somewhat debunked by many as there are too many variables, but still,  self defense classes teach that if you have a gun and a person attacking with a knife  is withing 21 feet of you, then you will probably be killed or wounded.

It still exists and is widely accepted in courts as a standard for law enforcement use of force.  Most of the debunkers were firearm instructors operating in a controlled setting where, by its nature, they knew the knife attack was coming.  In reality most people can cover 21 feet and get a knife strike in before your brain can process what's happening, get your hand to your gun, get it out of the holster, get it into a firing position, aim and fire, along with all of the decision making necessary.  Its also important to remember that bullet resistant body armor isn't knife resistant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noclevermoniker

“Unarmed” is not the same as “undangerous”, as proved by Trayvon Obama, who is still dead. Also proven by Michael “Brown” Obama. Also still dead with a shot to the head. 

Edited by Noclevermoniker
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
USMCforever60

What was Sean Connery's line in "The Untouchables", "They bring a knife to a fight, you bring a gun. They put one of yours in hospital, you put their's into the morgue. That's the Chicago way."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
11 hours ago, Moderator T said:

It still exists and is widely accepted in courts as a standard for law enforcement use of force.  Most of the debunkers were firearm instructors operating in a controlled setting where, by its nature, they knew the knife attack was coming.  In reality most people can cover 21 feet and get a knife strike in before your brain can process what's happening, get your hand to your gun, get it out of the holster, get it into a firing position, aim and fire, along with all of the decision making necessary.  Its also important to remember that bullet resistant body armor isn't knife resistant.

 

As demonstrated by the police body cam footage above. Police had to run, gain time to pull out weapon, then turn and fire when ready. Even there it was seconds, and this is an officer who’s mentally ready even if gun is not in a shooting position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...