Conservative groups sue to access Biden’s public Senate records

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Conservative groups sue to access Biden’s public Senate records

https://conservativeinstitute.org/

Adam Peters

September 14, 2020

Article:

In 2012, then-Vice President Joe Biden donated all the records from his 36-year Senate career to the University of Delaware. Now, two conservative groups are fighting to get access to them.

The Daily Caller reported last week that Judicial Watch and Daily Caller News Foundation have filed a lawsuit under Delaware’s Freedom of Information Act, saying that Biden’s Senate records are public and should be accessible.

In it, they are challenging a pair of opinions from Delaware Deputy Attorney General Dorey L. Cole stating that the college isn’t required to surrender Biden’s records.

Tom Fitton: “Stop protecting Joe Biden”

“Anyone running for public office, especially our highest office, should expect public scrutiny of their record, especially of their public record,” DCNF President Neil Patel told the Daily Caller.

“It’s amazing that Joe Biden’s public papers are still sealed and nobody else in the press seems to care. We care and we are going to fight to get these records opened up as they should be.”

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton was adamant as well, stating, “Delaware is hiding, in violation of the law, Joe Biden’s Senate records.”

“It is time for the University of Delaware to stop protecting Joe Biden and follow Delaware law, which requires them to provide public access to these public records.”

Records were supposed to be released in 2019

In his opinions, Cole argued that the University of Delaware is under no obligation to turn over Biden’s records. He claims that public funds are not being used to support their storage.

Yet in its brief, Judicial Watch points out that no explanation has been given for how the storage is being paid for. The organization is also seeking any records that would show the material is being stored using public funds.

Full Story

oki

Can someone please explain why you have to SUE to get access to PUBLIC RECORDS?

I just can't seem to wrap my head around this.

JerryL
2 hours ago, oki said:

Because these records belong to a Democrat.

No other reason.

• Like (+1) 1

gravelrash
3 hours ago, oki said:

Media and the SDNY are only interested in PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump's tax records. While you are correct that Joe's record in the Senate or any government role is a matter of public record thus no reason that they are hidden, simply point to 3 years of Trump is greater than 47 years of Biden.

oki
39 minutes ago, JerryL said:

Because these records belong to a Democrat.

No other reason.

Say it with me, there is no media bias.  But, knowing Trump he will drop it at a very bad time for the Dems and there will be no avoiding it.  A, I'll provide my tax records if you provide your Senate records, IE the time you where accused of Rape.

oki
26 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

Media and the SDNY are only interested in PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump's tax records. While you are correct that Joe's record in the Senate or any government role is a matter of public record thus no reason that they are hidden, simply point to 3 years of Trump is greater than 47 years of Biden.

Nothing speaks transparency like sealed public records.

• Agree (+1) 1