Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

CT teen saves lives of mom, 3 children by pulling them from a burning car

Rate this topic

kestrel

disrn.com

CT teen saves lives of mom, 3 children by pulling them from a burning car

Last Updated Sep 15th, 2020 at 8:55 pm

A Connecticut teenager is being hailed as a hero after he rescued a mother and three children from a burning vehicle.

Justin Gavin, 18, was walking to his local Walgreens when he saw a car on fire and drivers attempting to alert the woman driving the car that her vehicle was ablaze. When the mother could not stop, Gavin said he chased down the burning car to help them escape.

"I just felt like if I was in that situation, I would want somebody to help me out," Gavin said. "I guess my instincts took over."

The car had stopped by the time Gavin reached the vehicle. He opened the car door and helped the woman out of the driver's seat before also pulling three children — ages 9, 4, and 1 — in the backseat to safety.

"It kind of got scary because I didn't know whether I was going to be able to get everyone out in time. And luckily, I did," Gavin said.

Police Chief Fernando Spagnolo awarded Gavin with a "challenge coin" to honor his courageous act.

"I hope that when you have that coin it just reminds you of this day and you can reflect back on all the good that came out of this for you and that family that you saved," said Spagnolo.

Gavin said that the experience was inspiring and changed his perspective on police officers.

"It made me realize life is short," Gavin said.e08e3d97-8354-4774-a01e-600f844f4693.jpg

LINK:   https://disrn.com/news/ct-teen-saves-lives-of-mom-3-children-by-pulling-them-from-a-burning-car

Well done Lil' Brother!..Well done!

Kestrel...

• Agree (+1) 1

The Punisher

Good job young feller.

• Agree (+1) 1

oki

If all young people were like him our future would be without worry or fail.  God bless this young MAN I wish him good fortune,  good health, and all his dreams to come true.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

Awesome job, Justin!

Now THIS kid should be a role model!

• Agree (+1) 1

JerryL

Nicely and bravely done, young man!!

Soooo good to see, from time to time, that the entire planet doesn't suck like the news would have you believe.

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
42 minutes ago, JerryL said:

Nicely and bravely done, young man!!

Soooo good to see, from time to time, that the entire planet doesn't suck like the news would have you believe.

Absolutely!...I wonder if the "Local BLM Contingent" will comment on this?..I would bet?...NOT!...:):):)

Kestrel...

AntiObama

I was expecting another terrible story and this one warmed my heart.

Get this young man on the path to become a fireman, paramedic, police officer or what he wants to be.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird

Good kid. 

• Agree (+1) 2

kestrel
33 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Good kid. 

He certainly is!..That's the stuff that Good Men are made of!

Kestrel...