Moderator T

Trump Buries Atlantic Story in Landslide of Named Sources

DEROY MURDOCK

American Spectator

9/15/20

EXCERPT:

Trump: 16.

The Atlantic: 4.

Jeffrey Goldberg, the Atlantic’s Trump-hating editor-in-chief, claimed in a September 3 article that President Donald J. Trump dissed 2,289 American GIs buried at a World War I graveyard in France on November 10, 2018. Why? According to Goldberg, Trump avoided the Aisne-Marnes American Cemetery because, the president allegedly said, “it’s filled with losers,” and the Doughboys interred there are “suckers.” Goldberg also asserted that “Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain.”

The night that Goldberg’s story broke, the president poured ice water all over it. He vehemently denied Goldberg’s tale and called it a “total lie. It’s fake news. It’s a disgrace.”

“I was ready to go to a ceremony,” Trump told journalists at Joint Air Base Andrews, immediately after returning to Washington from a trip to Pennsylvania. “But the helicopter could not fly … because it was raining about as hard as I’ve ever seen. And, on top of that, it was very, very foggy.” The Secret Service would not transport Trump by motorcade, he added, since “it was a very long drive.”

The Secret Service also raised logistical and security concerns. The U.S. commander-in-chief’s movements would have to have been synchronized with police departments from Paris to Château-Thierry, a 90-minute-minimum drive northeast. And if circumstances required Trump’s swift extraction from France, the president and his party could have been pinned down on two-lane country roads.

(Full Story)

USMCforever60

Remind me, who owns the "Atlantic" ? Me thinketh it be Gates wifey!

grimreefer
6 hours ago, USMCforever60 said:

Remind me, who owns the "Atlantic" ? Me thinketh it be Gates wifey!

Job's widow. Rabid Prog.

Ticked@TinselTown

When an adult uses the pithy accusation that someone did not want to do something because they were worried that their hair was going to get 'disheveled' I find myself dubious of their intellect, veracity and agenda.

Mr. Goldturd sounds like a petulant, bitter wallflower still pissed he didn't get asked to prom.