RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

Awful: 20-year-old Pretends He's Helping Military Vet, Is Robbing Him Instead

Rate this topic

Howsithangin

Awful: 20-year-old Pretends He's Helping Military Vet, Is Robbing Him Instead

Townhall.com, Cortney O'Brien  @obrienc2, Posted: Sep 18, 2020 2:40 PM

An Air Force veteran died on board a GRTC bus in Richmond, VA on Thursday, September 10, after suffering a heart attack. The man, 66-year-old Raymond Bass, was on his way to a doctor's appointment at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center. The aftermath of his collapse was captured on camera, as was the actions of a young man who sitting in front of him. As Bass is seen lying on the ground unconscious, at first sight it appears as though the young man is helping the veteran. But reality painted a much darker picture.

8News learned that the man who collapsed was 66-year-old Ray Bass. Richmond Police confirm the retired Air Force veteran was on his way to a doctors appointment at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center when he suffered a heart attack and died on the GRTC bus.

Disturbing video released by RPD shows a man, who police have identified as Damontea Chappell, pretending to help Bass, but really the 20-year-old is seen stealing from the military veterans pocket as he lay unconscious in his final moments on Earth. (WKRG)

In the footage, Chappell is seen bending down to ask Bass what his name is. But listen even more carefully and you can hear Chappell ask Bass where his wallet is. The young man found it, and pocketed anywhere from $200 to $400 in cash.

The veteran's niece, Cassandra Bass, said it also looked like Chappell was kicking her uncle while he lay motionless.

"Callin’ him pops as if he knew him,” she told CBS6. “He wasn't trying to help him at all. You could see he was actually kicking him to make sure he wasn't moving and dead before he went into his wallet."

The police were just as disgusted by his actions.

“He was acting as though he was a good samaritan," Richmond Detective Greg Russell reacted to local news. "When all the while he was a wolf in sheep's clothing."

LINK with Video

Note: Not Amish

Specs

It doesn't matter because it was black on black crime. Had it been a white 20 year old doing this, then it would be news 24 hours a day in the media.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
2 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

Note: Not Amish

1 hour ago, Ben Cranklin said:

"If [Obama] had a son..."

Those darkies are sure bad.

Hey, no one has asked yet why this was posted!

• Disagree (-1) 7

RedSoloCup

Another Biden voter revealed...

• Agree (+1) 2

Natural Selection
8 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

A fair point. At least it's not pushing a false narrative.

RedSoloCup
9 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

:dramaqueen:

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup
1 hour ago, Ben Cranklin said:

"If [Obama] had a son..."

:yes:

• Agree (+1) 2

BootsieBets
50 minutes ago, oki said:

Look, Stereo typing and such happens for a reason.  That reason is enough people are doing said behavior and not enough people are speaking out or acting a manner to put a stop to it or at least give the appearance that it's not acceptable behavior.  Is it fair to the %99 of people who don't participate or do such things?  No, it's not.  BUT, I can tell you from first hand experience that bad behavior happens because the %1 knows they can get away with it legally, they know they can get away with it because the other %99 won't do a damn thing about it.  The old well what am I suppose to do it about it only goes so far.  This is why many Japanese don't have a good view of American Military, it's not so different from this situation.  It's a why is that %99 percent putting a stop to the behavior of the %1?  That's why this kinda' of thing doesn't seem to happen in Japan, it's simply not tolerated by society much less the Courts.  Yes, this kind of stuff always grabs more attention, while good news goes un noticed.  I been there, done that, what I learned is do your damndest to prove to people you are not one of the people who just stands by and says or does nothing.  Will it change every ones minds?  Nope, but it will change at least some.  And, some of those people will be the ones who believed the negative stereo types.  Quick story, one day while going to my in laws I saw a man on the side of the road, car stalled etc.  I asked are you okay, I know a little about cars maybe I can help?  He asked if I could pull his van home(at the time I had no rope but he did).  So I pulled his van the couple blocks.  What happened?  He invited me in for a cool drink(not booze).  I thanked him for the kindness, but explained I was late to my in laws and had to go.  He understood and was grate full for the help, a bit shocked and perplexed with the overall situation but still.  This was someone who probably never met an American, much less a G.I.  Do you think the dinner table conversation was going to be, man all American's are idiots, or you'll never guess what happened to me today?  Do you think next time the conversation about how 'bad' G.I.'s come up he won't remember and bring up his interaction, and tell people hey, not all of them are bad, one very kind young G.I. helped me when all the local Okinawan's/Japanese just drove by.  Stereo types aren't fair, they are painful, and be damned they hurt.  BUT, taking the high road when you can, small acts of decency and NOT tolerating the bad stuff from those you know is what makes the difference.  Just sitting back and believing it's an us against them, or I am not like that, this isn't right, it's not fair sadly isn't enough.  In your daily life act in a manner that leaves no doubt in peoples minds who you are, what you believe and demand the same of all those you care about or whom you associate with. 

Excellent post!  I would also say that if we all held people to a standard of high moral character and didn’t excuse their behavior because of some perceived group membership or victim status, we would all be better off.  I’m not saying that you excuse you fellow GI’s bad behaviors in Japan, but I am sure that does happen.  Just as there is a lot of excusing the bad behavior of, as LB so articulately put it, “darkies” by not only other people in their ethnic group, but other people who seem to think that they are somehow doing these reprobates a favor by not holding them to account.  I specifically point to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who excuses immoral conduct by saying they are only looting because they need bread for their family – like they are all Jean ValJean from Les Misérables.   

And before someone points out that we also have bad police, yes, we need to hold those who are corrupt responsible, also.   

This was a despicable crime and it wasn’t because the perp was black or because the victim was black.  It was because the crime was despicable!   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
46 minutes ago, Buckwheat Jones said:

Because you people won’t stop whining about white cops shooting black people, but suddenly you turn deaf and dumb when black people do other black people...(a much more significant and life threatening problem)...which is what you people should really be protesting about. 

Do you get it now? I’ve chopped it up and spoon fed it to you as remedially as I possibly can, but if the words “gee, I guess you’re right again, Buckwheat” still get stuck in your throat, maybe I could draw you some pictures.

Need some pictures, dear?

You are more likely to be murdered by a white person than a black person.  Does that concern you, dear?

Are you not cognizant of the difference between someone legally allowed (and having the force of his union backers) to harass, profile, arrest, and murder you or your children, as opposed to just any Tom, Dick, and Jamal sociopath killing you on the street and paying for his crimes? 

Still haven't seen any whiners ask "why did you post this?".. Just kidding... I already know the answer..

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 4

CHANG
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Isn’t it evident? This POS represents the entitlement attitude of modern youth that was ushered in by a divisive, violent American atmosphere created by liberals and the Democratic Party. 

I know you believe you were being clever asking that question, but this incident is episodic of the rot that is eating this country. This did not happen on the other side of the world. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Tikk

I wonder why so many black people are keen on validating racism.

Weird.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
57 minutes ago, Tikk said:

Weird.

Validating racism.. That's a new one.

How are black people "validating" racism?

• Disagree (-1) 3

Tikk
1 minute ago, Ladybird said:

Ya know who gets to be suspicious of any black person near him for the rest of his life?

This guy:

Be sure to listen to the commentary from the black guy filming.  And also listen to the cheers from those that witnessed the attack.

• Agree (+1) 3

kestrel
5 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Keeping Whitey on the Hook?, Professional Victim Status,? Making sure Black Live$ make Money? Shaking down virtue Signalling white Liberals (see "Keeping Whitey On The Hook (TM) Choosing to keep their people on the Democrat Plantation..Because it PAYS! Using the threat of RACISM (TM) to force Entitled White Liberals to cough up the "Gimme Dats"..and here's the kicker I really don't have any real animosity towards Black Folks in General they're simply doing what they've been taught to do by Folks like Sharpton/Jackson that make excuses for any bad behavior under the guise of White Oppression In other words RACE INC..you know?...like you. Are you, by chance possibly intimating that White Folks feel about Black Folks the exact same way that You feel about White Folks?..Prove it!

Kestrel X...

• Agree (+1) 3

kestrel
1 hour ago, Tikk said:

Weird.

It Pays?

K...

• Like (+1) 1

Natural Selection
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

You are more likely to be murdered by a white person than a black person.  Does that concern you, dear?

From 1980 to 2018, white people murdered an average of about 599 black people per year, and black people murdered an average of about 1,369 white people per year:

(source)

• Like (+1) 1

kestrel
8 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

From 1980 to 2018, white people murdered an average of about 599 black people per year, and black people murdered an average of about 1,369 white people per year:

(source)

Wait!....You must have gotten those figures from the KKK website!

Kestrel X...

Edited by kestrel
  • Haha (+1) 1

kestrel
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Are you not cognizant of the difference between someone legally allowed (and having the force of his union backers) to harass, profile, arrest, and murder you or your children, as opposed to just any Tom, Dick, and Jamal sociopath killing you on the street and paying for his crimes? 

Still haven't seen any whiners ask "why did you post this?".. Just kidding... I already know the answer..

"You are more likely to be murdered by a white person than a black person.  Does that concern you, dear?"..

.Not as much as your math skills, Dear.

Kestrel X...

• Agree (+1) 2

Specs
35 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

You validate it with every single post you make about some criminal getting what they deserve ;)

• Best Post (+1) 1

aldojon
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

i thought it was posted because it was a veteran getting robbed while dying by some young punk.  is that not the case?  am i missing something here?   said young PUNK couldn't even help a dying man.  HOW FREAKIN SAD IS THAT?  what is it with the culture today? 

• Agree (+1) 2