Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

BLM activist from Indiana admits to posing as black person, vows to ‘seek help’

Rate this topic

kestrel

nypost.com

By Sara Dorn September 19, 2020 | 4:15pm | Updated September 19, 2020 | 4:46pm

Satchuel Cole speaks outside the Indiana Statehouse during the "We Demand Justice!" rally. IndyStar-USA TODAY NETWORK via I

Another “black” activist has admitted to being a white person.

Satchuel Cole, a community organizer for Black Lives Matter in Indiana, fessed up to the years-long ruse in a Facebook post last week — and vowed to “seek help.”

“Friends, I need to take accountability for my actions and the harm that I have done. My deception and lies have hurt those I care most about. I have taken up space as a Black person while knowing I am white. I have used Blackness when it was not mine to use. I have asked for support and energy as a Black person. I have caused harm to the city, friends and the work that I held so dear,” said Cole, 45, who was born a woman but identifies as non-binary.

“I am sorry for the harm I have caused. I am sorry for the hurt and betrayal. I will do what I can to show that I want to be a better person,” she wrote.

The mea culpa comes after an exposé published by BlackIndyLive, which ran yearbook photos of Cole’s white parents, and produced documents showing Cole once listed her race as “white.”

The outlet also revealed Cole’s birth  name — Jennifer Benton — and reported that Cole’s parents listed their races as “white” in legal documents.

Cole’s name legally changed in 2010, according to the outlet. Around that time, Cole’s profile as an activist began to take off.

In 2017, Cole was appointed vice-president of a well-known, but now defunct, equal-rights organization, Don’t Sleep, and was also named spokesperson for the family of Aaron Bailey, who was shot and killed by Indianapolis police during a traffic stop.

Cole, who also works as an apartment manager, is the latest among a string of white women who pretended to be black.

"I have used Blackness when it was not mine to use." Can somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN WTF this means?..what is "Using Blackness?"

Kestrel..

LINK:....https://nypost.com/2020/09/19/blm-activist-from-indiana-admits-to-posing-as-a-black-person/

• Haha (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

There are tons of them out there both literally and figuratively. TIme to start rooting out the sows.

• Haha (+1) 1

Severian
30 minutes ago, kestrel said:

"I have used Blackness when it was not mine to use." Can somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN WTF this means?..what is "Using Blackness?"

One would almost think that there was "black privilege" now wouldn't one?

• Agree (+1) 2

Noclevermoniker
8 minutes ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Using some of that white privilege to get some of that black privilege? 

Talk about double dipping. 😳

If they work for the Postal Service it’s a hat trick. 

kestrel
19 minutes ago, Severian said:

One could at that!...I wonder if some of our "in House" Race Pro's could weigh in?..What is "Blackness?"

Kestrel...

grimreefer
54 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Should we act surprised when she learns/reveals that she's really a ten year old Japanese boy after she receives this "help"?

:coffeenpc:

LongKnife

Dadgummit! "Black" is capitalized, but once again, "white" is relegated to small case. Just when I thought we had achieved equality!

Alexis
43 minutes ago, Severian said:

Yes, one would.  Now why would one almost think that?  Hmnn?

Bubbajoebob

I saw headlines about this and thought "Is that still in the news?" Then yes, finally read the article and found that this is a different person -- I wonder how many people are pretending to be black in the US.  And what fraction of them are in university departments with names that end in "Studies"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
51 minutes ago, Noclevermoniker said:

If they work for the Postal Service it’s a hat trick. 

"Hat Trick" is Racist! it should be..Free throw!..or 3pointer! or at least "Lay up"

Kestrel X...

Edited by kestrel

zurg

If gender is a choice, counteracting the almost 100% precision of your sex chromosomes, then why isn’t the level of melanin in your skin a choice? 

Leftists are really weird. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Best Post (+1) 1

WarDog

I just wonder about the people that accept these obviously white people as black, but when they confess to their deception, these other people are like, "What the Hell!! Really? All this time and I couldn't even tell you were not black!  But I can see it now that you have confessed to your whiteness....Can't believe I missed that...good thing she confessed, we would have never known"....makes me wonder about the level of their intelligence.

Edited by WarDog
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ben Cranklin
42 minutes ago, WarDog said:

I just wonder about the people that accept these obviously white people as black, but when they confess to their deception, these other people are like, "What the Hell!! Really? All this time and I couldn't even tell you were not black!  But I can see it now that you have confessed to your whiteness....Can't believe I missed that...good thing she confessed, we would have never known"....makes me wonder about the level of their intelligence.

To be fair, her picking a name as convincing as "Satchuel" was a stroke of genius.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

I thought that everyone was allowed to self identify as ANYTHING these days, so why is Satchel Mole getting into so much trouble?

• Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
Just now, kestrel said:

Kestrel..

LINK:....https://nypost.com/2020/09/19/blm-activist-from-indiana-admits-to-posing-as-a-black-person/

Funny, one would think that there may some advantages in the US to being black.  How can that be????

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
22 minutes ago, JerryL said:

Funny, one would think that there may some advantages in the US to being black.  How can that be????

Wait a minute!..are you using "Whiteness" (as in reason) to make a point?..But as to your statement about the Advantages of being Black in the U.S. I have to say that's crazy!...otherwise there wouldn't be all those Afrikaans returning to their home land...at the rate they're leaving there won't be any Black Folks here by November..

Kestrel...

RedSoloCup
12 hours ago, Ben Cranklin said:

So...

White pretending to be black = in need of help.

Female pretending to be male = a model of leftist sanity.

:exactly: