Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Left-Wing Scholar Pushes to Censor Social Media Accounts Opposing Child Sex Trafficking by Tying Them to QAnon Movement

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

zurg

I said IMO regarding the “irritation” factor. 

IMO = In My Opinion. That’s pretty ubiquitous like LOL. 

ROFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
6 minutes ago, zurg said:

I said IMO regarding the “irritation” factor. 

IMO = In My Opinion. That’s pretty ubiquitous like LOL. 

ROFL. 

Yeah I know. And I also understood then that's what you meant. I just tried to explain to Kestrel why I thought Smithee's post was well-written and well-thought-out. I understand it was just your opinion that it was "irritating" but I must confess I still don't know why anybody would find it "irritating".

No hard feelings?

:2up: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kestrel
13 hours ago, MontyPython said:

 

It was Zurg who used the word "irritating" to describe Adam Smithee's post.

So I responded to Zurg with "I thought Smithee's post, and the point he was making, were both very good."

Then you responded to my response to Zurg with "If you'd care to elaborate I'd like to hear? Up  front I don't read Q (or XYZ for that matter) not because I'm terrified of conspiracy theory's ( I still think there may be something to that whole Humpty Dumpty thing) but how does a site like Q hurt the efforts to stop child porn or trafficking or whatever?"

So I elaborated as you requested.

And looking back at the exchange I can now see where the confusion comes from. In my response to you, the final sentence includes the phrase "even if you don't agree with that" and the "you" in that phrase was supposed to be the generic "you". In other words, I should have written "even if a person doesn't agree with that"  in order to avoid confusion. Sorry about that. I was referring to Zurg's comment about Smithee's post being "irritating".

B) 

 

Got it...thanks Monty.

K...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dean Adam Smithee
On 9/26/2020 at 6:58 PM, Moderator T said:

Eh, I'll defend Adam on that one.  TL;DR is pretty common internet parlance and has been for a while.  It might not be "LOL" level of common, but its common enough that it isn't just used by the kids, even if it hasn't seen much use around here.

I have a bigger problem that it needs to exist at all.  What's the point of having a conversation if you need a summary because you refuse to read long posts?  I blame Twitter.

Thanks, Mod T.

I can't help my style, nor do I want to. Engineer by trade. I tend to be meticulous and rigorous. (Plus a wannabee lawyer) . I build up my case, point by point, to get to a summation, as if it were a mathematical "proof". It's what I DO, I can't help that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
19 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Yeah I know. And I also understood then that's what you meant. I just tried to explain to Kestrel why I thought Smithee's post was well-written and well-thought-out. I understand it was just your opinion that it was "irritating" but I must confess I still don't know why anybody would find it "irritating".

No hard feelings?

:2up: 

 

Absolutely no hard feelings! I also got your point and it was totally fair (this would be way easier to explain face to face LOL).

Regarding the why I found it irritating.... I can’t help but find a bunch of Adam’s posts irritating, after all these years, because he takes forever getting to the point, with side excursions to strip clubs and government engineering projects and whatnot, so admittedly I simply perceived it to be “TL” and thus really “DR” and thus I called it irritating this time merely for its presence, not its substance. My bad in that regard. (That’ll learn me.) (I’ll wait for the Russian to correct the grammar in that one, although I doubt he’ll understand.) 

Should I actually go back and read what he wrote? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
1 hour ago, zurg said:

Absolutely no hard feelings! I also got your point and it was totally fair (this would be way easier to explain face to face LOL).

Regarding the why I found it irritating.... I can’t help but find a bunch of Adam’s posts irritating, after all these years, because he takes forever getting to the point, with side excursions to strip clubs and government engineering projects and whatnot, so admittedly I simply perceived it to be “TL” and thus really “DR” and thus I called it irritating this time merely for its presence, not its substance. My bad in that regard. (That’ll learn me.) (I’ll wait for the Russian to correct the grammar in that one, although I doubt he’ll understand.) 

Should I actually go back and read what he wrote? :lol:

 

I don't think it would hurt.

:shrug: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...