Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MontyPython

Debate

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Taggart Transcontinental
19 minutes ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Who is they? Are you suggesting all of then polling organizations are in cahoots?

 

Look, I know people like to dismiss polls, but as polling gets closer to election, they get more accurate. They do so because presidential polling is not their main bread and butter. They do independent polling for businesses. 
 

In order for them to have credibility, they tighten up the polling as it gets closer. Plus, I watch local polling data, not national data. Historically, they have been very good with the trends. 
 

Trends matter. Their were pooping groups that got it right last time, and there are some that get it right now. 
 

For example, the Trafagler Group was the only one that called Michigan last cycle for Trump. I watch them closely. 
 

In short, dismiss the polls all you want, but the trends are there if you look for them. 
 

Yes I am actually suggesting that the polling system that is currently in place is designed for one purpose, and that is to chase Trump supporters away from the polls. Look at the different methods used. There are national polls, state polls and they all run biased samples. You really believe that 43% of American's are Democrat, and that 24% are "undecided"? If you do then you are probably wondering when Hillary Clinton got her sex change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E Van der Vliet
5 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Then you wife isn't conservative. Conservative means you believe that the interaction between government and the people is minimized. Biden represents the position that government is your mother and father. Trump has proven that he believes in the conservative principles whereas Biden has proven he is a marxist. If she can't understand that then she's not conservative, she's confused.

Don’t tell me what my wife is. You don’t have any idea of who, or what, she is. 
 

I think we are done here. 

Edited by Shaky McSelfie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E Van der Vliet
2 minutes ago, grimreefer said:

I think a lot of people are afraid that Trump scared away soccer moms and dudes who struggle to do a push up. Maybe so. :shrug:

 

Please tell me that was a typo. :pray:

Lol!!!  It was. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
15 minutes ago, zurg said:

I’ll add one more of my opinions. A lot of people are saying Trump won or Biden won the debate. 

Nobody has defined what winning means in this context. My definition is that, since ultimately the winner is the one who wins the vote on/about Nov 3rd, it should be who made more headway towards that goal. 

For the most part, neither of them won. Both riled up people who are already decided and dug in. But that doesn’t count in a big way (it’s only energizing more of their base to actually vote). I don’t think either one moved those in the middle in significant numbers.

Some decided against Trump simply based on interruptions, rudeness and thus personality. Which is really weak sauce IMO but that’s how some people decide. Some decided against Biden because he said nothing of substance and only made constant lies about Trump. Some thought that was incredibly rude too. 

The only one who may have moved undecideds at this point is Trump IMO. Not in significant numbers mind you, but they heard Trump call out Joe’s green new deal denial, his antifa denial, his covid shutdowns — and people quickly understand what that means for the economy and their own livelihoods. 

Trump could have done better, I’m not at all arguing that. But who won in a way that matters? Not obvious, I think Trump was a slight winner but he should have won big. So I’d call it a lost opportunity. Maybe next debate. 

Victory is actually defined by the goals of the parties represented. DJT intended to punch Joe in the mouth. Dan Bongino showed that clearly. Biden intended to act like he was Presidential and instead got pissed and lashed out. That's losing your cool. Trump also got Biden to cut ties with his base several times in the exchanges. That's critical. So the definition of victory is based on your game. In combat you can win a battle and lose a war. You can also lose a battle and at the same time advance your overall strategy. Trumps team will never come out and say what their intent is. It will show on election night if it's successful. Remember, we run our elections on the electoral college, not some national sample of a popular vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
3 minutes ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Don’t tell me what my wife is. You don’t have any idea of who, or what, she is. 
 

I think we are done here. 

She's not a conservative. You need to get over that goal. My wife is a conservative, she's around lefties all day, guess what? She's not wavering in her position. That's because she knows that being a conservative is not a worship of an individual and what is "presidential", it's a series of polices that preserve the Constitution. I think everyone here knows that the left intends to scrap the Constitution in short order. You need to learn what the meaning of conservative is. I would classify her as a Republican.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
10 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Victory is actually defined by the goals of the parties represented. DJT intended to punch Joe in the mouth. Dan Bongino showed that clearly. Biden intended to act like he was Presidential and instead got pissed and lashed out. That's losing your cool. Trump also got Biden to cut ties with his base several times in the exchanges. That's critical. So the definition of victory is based on your game. In combat you can win a battle and lose a war. You can also lose a battle and at the same time advance your overall strategy. Trumps team will never come out and say what their intent is. It will show on election night if it's successful. Remember, we run our elections on the electoral college, not some national sample of a popular vote.

I don’t think I really disagree but I must admit that 1) I don’t really get the point you’re making, and 2) Is this a rebuttal to my point?
 

It looks like you want it to be a counter point to mine but you don’t address my point in a clear enough manner for me to respond with anything but this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E Van der Vliet
8 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

She's not a conservative. You need to get over that goal. My wife is a conservative, she's around lefties all day, guess what? She's not wavering in her position. That's because she knows that being a conservative is not a worship of an individual and what is "presidential", it's a series of polices that preserve the Constitution. I think everyone here knows that the left intends to scrap the Constitution in short order. You need to learn what the meaning of conservative is. I would classify her as a Republican.

Well bully for you sunshine. And you can take that stick up you ass and GFY. 

I’ve been nothing but civil with you and you want to lecture me on my wife. 
 

Like I said, Karen. We are done here. 
 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
1 minute ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Well bully for you sunshine. And you can take that stick up you ass and GFY. 

I’ve been nothing but civil with you and you want to lecture me on my wife. 
 

Like I said, Karen. We are done here. 
 

 

Awww very civil of you Mr Conservative, have a nice day. You need to keep her out of it if you don't want someone challenging her "conservative credentials" Mr Shakey Anecdote.

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
24 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Then you wife isn't conservative. Conservative means you believe that the interaction between government and the people is minimized. Biden represents the position that government is your mother and father. Trump has proven that he believes in the conservative principles whereas Biden has proven he is a marxist. If she can't understand that then she's not conservative, she's confused.

 

14 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

She's not a conservative. You need to get over that goal. My wife is a conservative, she's around lefties all day, guess what? She's not wavering in her position. That's because she knows that being a conservative is not a worship of an individual and what is "presidential", it's a series of polices that preserve the Constitution. I think everyone here knows that the left intends to scrap the Constitution in short order. You need to learn what the meaning of conservative is. I would classify her as a Republican.

 

Wow.

Taggart, I usually agree with you. At least 99% of the time. But this time you're WAY outta line.

<_< 

 

 

  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
3 minutes ago, zurg said:

I don’t think I really disagree but I must admit that 1) I don’t really get the point you’re making, and 2) Is this a rebuttal to my point?
 

It looks like you want it to be a counter point to mine but you don’t address my point in a clear enough manner for me to respond with anything but this. 

It's just a general overall concept, we all have no idea what the actual goals of the campaigns are. I think Trump intended to call out Biden to get him to do what he did. Thus the opinion's of the punditry are quite immaterial to the victory of either side. Hell the DNC can claim victory for Joe not drooling on himself during the debae.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben Cranklin

Hmmm...well...I think we can all agree we'll be tuning in again Oct. 7, anyway...maybe....unless someone has a surprisingly strident opinion in an opposite direction... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
5 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

 

 

Wow.

Taggart, I usually agree with you. At least 99% of the time. But this time you're WAY outta line.

<_< 

 

 

Monty, I don't care. I am tired of people claiming X must equal Y because their insert anecdote here said so. You know what a conservative is. After watching the debate do you plan on changing your vote? If you do then you aren't sure what a conservative is either. I would vote for a pile of poop that defended the Constitution over a shiny anything that claims it's got the medicine solves all of my ills. That's my point, and honestly I am not concerned about opinions. I spent a long time defending this nation only to see people piss away our freedoms by voting for the next slick marxist to come down the pipe. Figure out what you believe in and defend it. If not there are 192 other nations out there a person can move to that will fit their very own definition of a perfect government, no one has to destroy this one to get their theory of nanny state utopia.

Oh and by the way, notice in my statements I didn't call her any names, nor did I curse. I merely pointed out that if you can be fooled by appearances then you aren't what you believe you are.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental
  • Best Post (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental

By the way beyond "appearing to be Presidential" what ever the hell that means. Apparently the actual President of the United States does not appear to be the President of the United States.

Lets think of some of this crap Biden stated.

Rebuilding 4 MILLION Buildings and 2 Million Homes.

So are you as an American willing to have some left wing turd come into your house or business, and get told, "You must comply with these building requirements now or we will seize your property"? If you are then vote for Biden. That's what he said was going to create "hundreds of thousands of jobs". It will also end private property. Since the Federal Government can now ORDER you to upgrade your already built building up to a new code they created on a whim. I don't think we all have 30k sitting around to please Massa Biden and his socialist posse. Yet remember APPEARING to be PRESIDENTIAL is more important than telling people they will not be able to get a job since their work will be deleted by those that feel fossil fuels are great. What about California and their recent rolling blackouts, well we won't need to worry, they will hit us all because wind and solar cannot meet our needs. PERIOD.

So yes appearance is everything fellow conservatives.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
29 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Monty, I don't care. I am tired of people claiming X must equal Y because their insert anecdote here said so. You know what a conservative is. After watching the debate do you plan on changing your vote? If you do then you aren't sure what a conservative is either. I would vote for a pile of poop that defended the Constitution over a shiny anything that claims it's got the medicine solves all of my ills. That's my point, and honestly I am not concerned about opinions. I spent a long time defending this nation only to see people piss away our freedoms by voting for the next slick marxist to come down the pipe. Figure out what you believe in and defend it. If not there are 192 other nations out there a person can move to that will fit their very own definition of a perfect government, no one has to destroy this one to get their theory of nanny state utopia.

Oh and by the way, notice in my statements I didn't call her any names, nor did I curse. I merely pointed out that if you can be fooled by appearances then you aren't what you believe you are.

 

So in order to qualify as a conservative, everybody must fully agree with you about everything.

B) 

 

  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

 

So in order to qualify as a conservative, everybody must fully agree with you about everything.

B) 

 

Not at all, but you need to understand what being a conservative is. Being a Republican is not the same thing.

https://www.heritage.org/conservatism/commentary/what-conservatism

Good starting point for the concepts of conservatism. They aren't, well socialism won't be so bad because he looked better in a debate and my friends said so".
 

Quote

 

That foremost among the transcendent values is the individual’s use of his God-given free will, whence derives his right to be free from the restrictions of arbitrary force;

That liberty is indivisible, and that political freedom cannot long exist without economic freedom;

That the purpose of government is to protect those freedoms through the preservation of internal order, the provision of national defense, and the administration of justice;

That the Constitution of the United States is the best arrangement yet devised for empowering government to fulfill its proper role, while restraining it from the concentration and abuse of power;

That the market economy, allocating resources by the free play of supply and demand, is the single economic system compatible with the requirements of personal freedom and constitutional government; and that it is at the same time the most productive supplier of human needs;

That American foreign policy must be judged by this criterion: Does it serve the just interests of the United States?

 

These are all the things Trump has demonstrated over the past 4 years. I don't need an appearance to validate that.

I had a talk with someone today that asked me what I thought about the debate, and they stated "Trump didn't answer the question". I asked which question. They responded "what is your healthcare plan". I said he's right not to, it's not in the Constitution, the Federal Government has no role in providing healthcare. So that was the correct response.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjperry51
2 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Top Layer? You have to fire anyone in Washington DC, they need to literally send all these moron's in the various agencies in the DOJ packing. None of them should be in command of a toaster much less an investigation.

Well I was looking to keep the process manageable....

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
1 minute ago, mjperry51 said:

Well I was looking to keep the process manageable....

😀

I am down with that, these clowns have been selling us out into a manageable slavery for decades. I am through with them.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
2 hours ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Trends matter. Their were pooping groups that got it right last time, and there are some that get it right now. 
 

Okay, so which pooping groups are you gonna believe?

Quite frankly, the turn out in MN for President Trump tonight indicates that the pooping groups who are saying that President Trump won't win the election are 💩 in the wrong place.

But, again, just my unsolicited :2cents:

And when Telemundo is giving Trump 2/3 approval to Biden's 1/3?  Again, just curious about which pooping group you're going to believe...

:P - You know I love ya, ERP, just needed to lighten the mood in here a bit...

 

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E Van der Vliet
17 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Okay, so which pooping groups are you gonna believe?

Quite frankly, the turn out in MN for President Trump tonight indicates that the pooping groups who are saying that President Trump won't win the election are 💩 in the wrong place.

But, again, just my unsolicited :2cents:

And when Telemundo is giving Trump 2/3 approval to Biden's 1/3?  Again, just curious about which pooping group you're going to believe...

:P - You know I love ya, ERP, just needed to lighten the mood in here a bit...

 

Nice play on my typo. There is a reason why I don’t correct it. ;)

 

BTW,  the Trafalger group is one of the best pooping groups out there. They hit their target most times  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Nice play on my typo. There is a reason why I don’t correct it. ;)

 

BTW,  the Trafalger group is one of the best pooping groups out there. They hit their target most times  😂

That's impressive.  It clearly shows dedication to their craft...  Or should I say crap? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ticked@TinselTown
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grimreefer
Posted (edited)

While we wait for Biden to denounce AnqueeFa and BurnLootMurder... :tap:

For all the monumentally ignorant useful idiots repeating or believing the democrat media whores claiming Trump "cannot bring himself to denounce white supremacy and racism":

 

Edited by grimreefer
  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator T

Mod Note: Yep, when we start going after member's spouses its time to close the thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...