To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MontyPython

Debate

Rate this topic

Tabla_Man

Interesting to hear the different takes.  I'm biased so I can't really say who came out looking better.  I will say this, at this point in time, should anyone be surprised at how Trump acted?  I guess the question is the people who are truely undecided will they vote for Biden or just stay home.

People keep looking for this Biden gaffe, there was one with the Green New Deal, but really Biden looked old and tired, and uninterested.  He pretty much didn't challenge the fact that he will shut down fracking, how is that going to play in the midwest which are must wins for him?

I guess if you believe the polls and think Biden is ahead and Trump did nothing to garner support from undecides, then Biden sort of wins by defalut.  If you question the polls as I do, and if you were looking for a guy who would heal and bring the nation together, was that Biden?

I can't score this debate, other than Trump looked strong and energetic and Biden looked tired and weak.

I said before on another threat the Chris Wallace is normally fair in these debates.  That went out the window.  It's clear who he was rooting for.  Just pathetic.

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
11 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

Nobody with potential to be swayed was still tuned in.

Possibly, I suppose, but that makes no sense to me.

It's true that I won't be swayed. Biden the worthless pathological liar will never get my vote, and mattress-back Harris is even worse. And if I had dropped out early that would've explained it. (But I'm just too much a political junkie to quit watching. To me it's like food to a starving man: Even if the food tastes bad, it's still better than no food at all. So it is with me & politics: Even when it's ugly & unpleasant, I can't stop watching.)

But anyhow, why would somebody who COULD be swayed have tuned out? Because it was unpleasant? Wouldn't that make it even more interesting to somebody still on the fence?

B) 

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
1 hour ago, ThePatriot said:

I have to admit that Joe has done WAY better than I thought he would.  I thought he would crumble after the first 30 minutes.

Ditto.

There was no substance.  It was a complete waste of time.  Ultimately though, Biden was the winner because he didn't turn into a bumbling, incoherent lump.  He kept his composure and gave decent answers even though several of them didn't make a lot of sense.  Trump interrupted too much, Wallace fought with Trump too often and Biden didn't piss his pants.

I have to agree.

Trump needed to quit interrupting so much and let Biden step on his own dick a lot more.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

oki
1 minute ago, Moderator T said:

Ok  this made me laugh:

xxci7sdbg7q51.jpg

The idea that a shrink can use words to calm a violent person with words is like thinking you can calm an attacking animal simply by saying sssssshhhhh.   Not only does it not work, it will get people killed.  

• Agree (+1) 1

Agreed.  But Biden comes out on top because he didn't commit any major gaffes and Trump comes out worse off because he was too aggressive.  Ultimately, though, debates don't decide elections.  There is WAY more enthusiasm for Trump than there is for Biden and THAT is why Trump will win in November.

I haven't changed my mind one bit about Trump and voting for him after this.

I'm thinking that only the touchy feely types may have been negatively influenced by Trump's interruptions but those are mostly democrap progtarded wussies anyhow that will vote for Biden no matter what.

• Agree (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Shaky McSelfie said:

Biden wins this debate. Sorry to say, he may have just won the election. 

Trumps performance just made him the bad candidate. 

Oh pullease! :dramaqueen:

grimreefer
Just now, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I haven't changed my mind one bit about Trump and voting for him after this.

I'm thinking that only the touchy feely types may have been negatively influenced by Trump's interruptions but those are mostly democrap progtarded wussies anyhow that will vote for Biden no matter what.

Apparently Telemundo viewers aren't wussies. B) Viewers expressed their preference of who won tonight’s presidential debate: 66% Trump 34% Biden.

• Agree (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, grimreefer said:

Apparently Telemundo viewers aren't wussies. B) Viewers expressed their preference of who won tonight’s presidential debate: 66% Trump 34% Biden.

Never heard of 'em.

grimreefer
Just now, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Never heard of 'em.

Spanish speaking network BIG in the U.S..

1 minute ago, zurg said:

My take:

1) Joe accused Trump of being a liar, of lying about everything, and then Joe rattled off a long list of lies. Top of the list was that Trump caused this covid recession (play it back, he actually said the current recession is Trump’s fault).

2) Wallace helped Joe out way more than Trump. So many people are complaining that Trump interrupted Joe, but the reverse happened too, especially in the second half, and Wallace didn’t call Joe out for the interruptions but did call Trump out. And often after Joe’s lies, Trump wanted to respond, Wallace didn’t allow it, so Trump spoke over Joe because that was the only option. One of Trump’s better lines was that he’s debating two people. 

3) I didn’t expect Joe to be a complete geriatric nutcase, so I don’t give him credit for not falling on his face. And those who say, let him talk, he lies about everything, it’s better to call it out there and then like Trump did, because the media won’t do so afterwards. It’s Trump’s one chance to reach certain independents and put a seed of doubt in their minds about Joe. If Joe’s lies are left unchallenged, being nice about it won’t help one bit.

4) Trump is up against the left, the media, and the deep state, all of whom are pulling every trick to try to get Trump out of there. This is very serious stuff. Trump is at least fighting. I give him credit and I think he did a good job tonight. 

Wallace clearly often interrupted Trump a lot more when especially when it was Trump's time to talk. He didn't do the same for Biden.

But then again it's exactly as I had predicted would happen with Wallace being the deep state douchebag that he is.

• Agree (+1) 1

1 minute ago, grimreefer said:

Spanish speaking network BIG in the U.S..

👍

Howsithangin
12 minutes ago, grimreefer said:

translation: they ain't woke, college-educated white womyn and soyboy manbunsTM

TMKestral

• Agree (+1) 1

grimreefer

Just had to mute CNN. They were spinning so hard I almost got dizzy. :thud:Anderson Cooper was getting a bad case of the vapors. :hot:

ETA: Jake Tapper says his friend’s 6th grade daughter “burst into tears, had to run to bed” because she was “so appalled” by Trump during debate.

I'll take sh** that didn't happen for $500 Alex. :rolleyes:

Edited by grimreefer
  • Haha (+1) 4

Howsithangin
1 hour ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

You vote for your slavery then. Because that's all the DNC has in mind for you and your family.

Shaky's on our team. Just expressing disappointment is all

Howsithangin
Just now, grimreefer said:

Just had to mute CNN. They were spinning so hard I almost got dizzy. :thud:

It's what they do

Joe the Pagan
14 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Wallace clearly often interrupted Trump a lot more when especially when it was Trump's time to talk. He didn't do the same for Biden.

But then again it's exactly as I had predicted would happen with Wallace being the deep state douchebag that he is.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

Another strong point for Trump was the economy, but Joe kept making up lies. “Trump economic crash.” “Trump has no ideas on economy.” “The Biden plan will result in millions of jobs, a new energy sector, and it’ll all pay for itself.”

Trump correctly pointed out that it’ll cost more than a fortune, it’ll be a $100 trillion monumental mistake. He correctly remarked that Joe will raise taxes, and that the economy will take a hit that’ll send it into a recession. All Joe could say was “not true”. 

• Agree (+1) 2

AntiObama

Joe Biden acted like Plugs the Clown all over again.

biden-ryan-debate-biden-clown-gary-varve

• Agree (+1) 1

Liz

It certainly wasn't one of Trump's best moments but neither do I believe that one lousy debate is the end of the world. 

What concerns me more is Chris Wallace's abysmal performance impersonating the moderator.  It almost rivals Donna Brazile's stunt in providing the questions to Hillary Clinton in advance of her debate.

Another thing that made me cringe tonight was the repetition of the 2012 debate between Paul Ryan and Joe Biden.  Whenever Biden was at a loss for words (which was often) he'd paste a smug, self-satisfied smile on his face as if he had all the wisdom in the world.

• Agree (+1) 1