To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

Horrifying moment stranger in an 'I love NY' hoodie punches 67-year-old, 5ft 5in Ghostbusters star Rick Moranis, 67, in the head in unprovoked attack in New York

Rate this topic

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)

Horrifying moment stranger in an 'I love NY' hoodie punches 67-year-old, 5ft 5in Ghostbusters star Rick Moranis, 67, in the head in unprovoked attack in New York

By MARY KEKATOS and JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM  3 October 2020

Rick Moranis, the star of Ghostbusters and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, has told police in New York he wants them to 'catch the bad guy' who punched him in the head, knocking him to the ground as he walked on the Upper West Side on Thursday.

A group of officers from the NYPD visited the actor at his home on the Upper West Side and then updated reporters on his condition following the unprovoked attack.

'[Moranis] is doing well. He is strong. He is recovering,' said Detective Kaz Daughtry, one of six cops with the NYPD's new Community Affairs Rapid Response who visited the actor at his home on Friday afternoon. 

<snip>

The horrifying assault was caught on surveillance camera and shows Moranis, 67, who is 5ft 6in walking southbound on Central Park West near West 70th Street at about 7.30am on Thursday morning.

Suddenly, an unidentified man walking past the star strikes him in the head, knocking Moranis to the ground.

NYPD did not reveal the victim as Moranis in the tweet, but law enforcement later confirmed the identity. 

<snip>

LINK with video of the unprovoked assault

Hint:  Not Amish.  Yet another case of young black thug punches older white man.  Nothing really to see here. <_<

Edited by Howsithangin

Severian

Zuul will not be pleased. What a violent thug.

Currahee!

I bet that punk didn’t even recognize him.....he was just another old white guy he could assault.  You can bet he had a buddy nearby taken it all in to post online somewhere so his friends could get a good laugh.....it’s not his first time.  And then the city sends SIX officers to Moranis’s apartment to check up on him.....damn....that’s super service....must be nice to be formally famous.....I wonder how many would have been sent for you or I or Monty?  Probably checking to see if he was still there or moving to Florida.......

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Darth Helmet must have forgotten his Schwartz ring? He would have lazered the perp right in the crotch.

Loved his acting in Spaceballs.

Just another "teen" just having fun with some white privelege.

I don't see how anyone famous as Moranis would dare walk out in public in NY? 

• Agree (+1) 1

Holland25

It is always a young black male. What they're really angry about, and what their not in touch with is, they are angry they are not white.

• Agree (+1) 1

Joe the Pagan
3 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Darth Helmet must have forgotten his Schwartz ring? He would have lazered the perp right in the crotch.

Loved his acting in Spaceballs.

Just another "teen" just having fun with some white privelege.

I don't see how anyone famous as Moranis would dare walk out in public in NY? 

Best scene in the movie

• Like (+1) 1

Natural Selection

Moranis is a leftist progressive. He's probably blaming himself for the attack. Playing it over and over in his head just trying to find that one microaggression he let slip that justified the attack.

RedSoloCup
5 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

By MARY KEKATOS and JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM  3 October 2020

Rick Moranis, the star of Ghostbusters and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, has told police in New York he wants them to 'catch the bad guy' who punched him in the head, knocking him to the ground as he walked on the Upper West Side on Thursday.

A group of officers from the NYPD visited the actor at his home on the Upper West Side and then updated reporters on his condition following the unprovoked attack.

'[Moranis] is doing well. He is strong. He is recovering,' said Detective Kaz Daughtry, one of six cops with the NYPD's new Community Affairs Rapid Response who visited the actor at his home on Friday afternoon. 

<snip>

The horrifying assault was caught on surveillance camera and shows Moranis, 67, who is 5ft 6in walking southbound on Central Park West near West 70th Street at about 7.30am on Thursday morning.

Suddenly, an unidentified man walking past the star strikes him in the head, knocking Moranis to the ground.

NYPD did not reveal the victim as Moranis in the tweet, but law enforcement later confirmed the identity. 

<snip>

LINK with video of the unprovoked assault

Hint:  Not Amish.  Yet another case of young black thug punches older white man.  Nothing really to see here. <_<

Rick was the poor victim of one of Beijing Biden's supporters. 

grimreefer
57 minutes ago, Weaseljd said:

Moranis is Canadian.  I thought White Privilege was exclusive to Americans.  So how could he be flaunting what he does not have?

On a side note so no one gets the wrong idea, I think Moranis is a heckava funny guy, was underappreciated as an actor, and you have to truly respect a person who walks away from fame to raise a family as a single dad after his wife passed away.

The Great White North denizens have it as bad or worse sometimes. Isn't it illegal to "mis-gender" someone there?

Ticked@TinselTown
3 hours ago, Holland25 said:

It is always a young black male. What they're really angry about, and what their not in touch with is, they are angry they are not white.

If Ovomit had a son...

• Best Post (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
1 hour ago, Natural Selection said:

Moranis is a leftist progressive. He's probably blaming himself for the attack. Playing it over and over in his head just trying to find that one microaggression he let slip that justified the attack.

I'm amazed he called the police since I'm sure he's on the bandwagon to defund them and all...

• Agree (+1) 3