To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Liz

Trump breaks off negotiations over stimulus after Pelosi demanded “$2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19”

Rate this topic

Liz

“I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business.”

Legal Insurrection

Posted by William A. Jacobson   

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 3:11pm

Excerpt:

Since the start of the coronavirus, Nancy Pelosi repeatedly has held monetary relief for businesses and individuals hostage to her demands for non-coronavirus objectives, such as voting changes and bailouts of Democrat states and cities.

That hostage taking delayed the Paycheck Protection Plan twice.

Pelosi has been continuing the strategy, and Trump newly energized after his release from the hospital, just broke off negotiations:

Nancy Pelosi is asking for $2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19. We made a very generous offer of $1.6 Trillion Dollars and, as usual, she is not negotiating in good faith. I am rejecting their…

…request, and looking to the future of our Country. I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked…

…@senatemajldr Mitch McConnell not to delay, but to instead focus full time on approving my outstanding nominee to the United States Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. Our Economy is doing very well. The Stock Market is at record levels, JOBS and unemployment…

…also coming back in record numbers. We are leading the World in Economic Recovery, and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

*snip*

Full Article

• Agree (+1) 3

zurg

👍 👍

• Agree (+1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)

Well thats just another Trump lie.

Absolutely no reason to think he will be in a better position to pass a bill after election than right now.

No matter which way election goes (and it just might not go his way) it will be another 2 months after that before anyone actually changes office.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 9

Ticked@TinselTown

:party:

• Agree (+1) 3

Howsithangin
3 hours ago, zurg said:

It’s truly amazing. I think just about EXACTLY the opposite of you, just about 100% of the time. 

+1

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
2 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

:party:

This

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
3 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Absolutely no reason to think he will be in a better position to pass a bill after election than right now.

No matter which way election goes (and it just might not go his way) it will be another 2 months after that before anyone actually changes office.

So much better to argue over this impass for months eh?

• Agree (+1) 3

Taggart Transcontinental
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Another Trump lie? You were sitting in the negotiations and know first hand that he's lying? You know that the wicked witch of the west was in fact negotiating in good faith? Yeah more clown remarks from the uniformed. Thanks.

Oh and they have been negotiation for at least 2 months so when the new house run by Republican's and Senate run by adults gets in office we shall see about lies.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

gravelrash
Posted (edited)

Mod Note: Removed Associated Press video.

Edited by MTP Reggie

RedSoloCup
6 hours ago, AntonToo said:

:crybaby2:

RedSoloCup
6 hours ago, zurg said:

It’s truly amazing. I think just about EXACTLY the opposite of you, just about 100% of the time. 

I think this whole site does!

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

RedSoloCup
7 minutes ago, Specs said:

Because Antoon is a greedy POS :) It feels it is entitled to everyone's money.

The President was correct in ending the charade as the democRATs were not serious about helping the American people.

As all leftists are. Hence their dear admiration to Communism. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Trump kicked the wicked bitch of the west to the curb! :lol:

I LOVE IT! :woohoo:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Another Trump lie? You were sitting in the negotiations and know first hand that he's lying? You know that the wicked witch of the west was in fact negotiating in good faith? Yeah more clown remarks from the uniformed. Thanks.

Oh and they have been negotiation for at least 2 months so when the new house run by Republican's and Senate run by adults gets in office we shall see about lies.

As I just explained, nothing changes right after election, he will have exactly same Congress to deal with...though he just maybe a lame-duck President by then.

When he says he will right away pass a bill Democrats have no interest in now, he is lying, plain and simple.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

AntonToo
16 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Trump kicked the wicked bitch of the west to the curb! :lol:

I LOVE IT! :woohoo:

Thats no way to talk about American economy.

• Disagree (-1) 4

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
6 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

I didn't talk about the American economy... obtuse boy. You lie.

• Agree (+1) 2

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, oki said:

Your right, he should have told her he'd have much more flexibility to negotiate on issues such as Covid-19 stimulus after the election.

No he should not have, because again, that would be a lie.

Trumpsters will go along with just about ANYTHING he gets behind, as was proven many times over.

3 Trillion dollar stimulus? If it's not by Obama then I love it!

Edited by AntonToo
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 5

oki
10 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

No he should not have, because again, that would be a lie.

Trumpsters will go along with just about ANYTHING he gets behind, as was proven many times over.

3 Trillion dollar stimulus? If it's not by Obama then I love it!

What lie?  Your hero said exactly that to the Russian premiere at the time because he didn't realize the mic was on. 

In this case Trump said no deal right know until after the election.  Coarse, Nancy is of the same party that has members who have threatened to impeach Trump if he tries to proceed with nominating a Supreme Court Justice prior to the election. 

• Agree (+1) 3

Moderator T

The White House should have handled this announcement better.  There are a lot of reasons to hate this bill.  First and foremost is the cost.  Second is it disproportionately rewards Democrat states.  Third, it cut federal funding for police.  The bill isn't about helping anyone except elected Democrats.  They didn't really cover two of those three.

Meanwhile the President has offered to sign a clean bill that just gives $1,200 stimulus to the American people.  Real money that can then be spent on products, generating taxes and new jobs.  What are the chances that the Democrats will express any interest in this?  Absolutely zero, because they don't care about the American people.  Not at all.  They won't even negotiate like normal.  In the past they would at least issue their demands before releasing their hostages (in this case money for the American people).  Now they'd rather the people suffer if it means making Trump look bad.  And blind liberals will lap it up because hurting the President is more important to them than anything else.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
1 hour ago, AntonToo said:

As I just explained, nothing changes right after election, he will have exactly same Congress to deal with...though he just maybe a lame-duck President by then.

When he says he will right away pass a bill Democrats have no interest in now, he is lying, plain and simple.

:bs:

1 hour ago, AntonToo said:

:crybaby2:

• Agree (+1) 1