Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Pelosi's Plan to Invoke 25th Amendment

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Martin

Nancy Pelosi unveils 25th Amendment bill that seeks to strip presidential powers

https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/pelosi-pushes-25th-amendment-bill-to-evaluate-trumps-health/

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Friday announced legislation on the 25th Amendment that seeks to effectively strip “future presidents” of presidential powers.  Pelosi, who is second in line to the presidency after Pence, held a mid-morning press conference with Maryland Congressman Jamie Raskin on introducing the Commission on Presidential Capacity to Discharge the Powers and Duties of Office Act, which would evaluate Trump’s fitness for office.

The commission would consist of 16 members appointed by both Republican and Democratic leaders — eight of which would be medical professionals and another eight former members of the executive branch like past presidents, vice presidents and attorneys general, Raskin said. A chair would be chosen by the 16 members.  

“This is not about President Trump,” she insisted. “He will face the judgement on the voters, but he shows the need for us to create a process for future presidents,” she went on, referring to his diagnosis with COVID-19. 

 “It’s not about the election at all,” she said. “Again, this isn’t about any judgement anybody has on anybody’s behavior. This is about a diagnosis, a professional medical diagnosis.”  

“It isn’t about any of us making a decision whether the 25th Amendment should be invoked. That’s totally not the point. That’s not up to us,” she said.

“It’s not about any of us making a judgement about the president’s wellbeing,” Pelosi said.  

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MTP Reggie

Let's include future Speakers of the House of Representatives in this evaluation too.

  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg

So, Pelosi says Trump is essentially a lame duck and shouldn’t be allowed to push through his SC nominee, but she herself as essentially a lame duck can push significant legislation through. 

I understand. One set of rules for the left, a wholly different set for the right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tikk
9 minutes ago, MTP Reggie said:

Let's include future Speakers of the House of Representatives in this evaluation too.

"Madam Speaker, there are still some that take you seriously."

"Hold my beer"

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tabla_Man

This woman needs to be removed from leadership immediately.  The 25th amendment is meant for a serious situation, say heaven forbid a President suffers a stroke and is no longer able to speak or function mentally so that the Congress along with the Vice President and the President's cabinet can respectfully and humanely transfer power.  It was NEVER meant to be used as an act of sedition.

  • Best Post (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
5 minutes ago, Tabla_Man said:

This woman needs to be removed from leadership immediately.  The 25th amendment is meant for a serious situation, say heaven forbid a President suffers a stroke and is no longer able to speak or function mentally so that the Congress along with the Vice President and the President's cabinet can respectfully and humanely transfer power.  It was NEVER meant to be used as an act of sedition.

The elite on the left are thinking, these deplorable American people are voting the wrong way! We must have a system where their will can be reversed! For their own good, of course, because we know better what’s better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Severian

So much for the concept of co-equal branches of government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tabla_Man
4 minutes ago, Weaseljd said:

Oh, you all are missing the point.  This is not about Trump.  This is about Biden and setting up a way to remove him due to his dementia to pave the way for President Harris.  Trump is the excuse - Biden is the reason.

Interesting, I hadn't thought about it in those terms, but that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bearded old man
44 minutes ago, Weaseljd said:

Oh, you all are missing the point.  This is not about Trump.  This is about Biden and setting up a way to remove him due to his dementia to pave the way for President Harris.  Trump is the excuse - Biden is the reason.

That was my first thought....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skipjack
1 hour ago, Weaseljd said:

Oh, you all are missing the point.  This is not about Trump.  This is about Biden and setting up a way to remove him due to his dementia to pave the way for President Harris.  Trump is the excuse - Biden is the reason.

Multi-purpose, I'd say.  Vehicle to remove Biden and install Harris for sure.  Conversely, another 'arrow in her quiver' if DJT wins the election. Either way, a dangerous tool for Skeletor to have at her disposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grimreefer

Speaking of someone not doing their job... this miserable hag busies herself and the Congress with this kind of inane garbage while the country is recovering from the turmoil created by equally inept and/or malicious politicians? :rolleyes: GFY skank.

  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Severian
1 hour ago, Weaseljd said:

Oh, you all are missing the point.  This is not about Trump.  This is about Biden and setting up a way to remove him due to his dementia to pave the way for President Harris.  Trump is the excuse - Biden is the reason.

 

37 minutes ago, Skipjack said:

Multi-purpose, I'd say.  Vehicle to remove Biden and install Harris for sure.  Conversely, another 'arrow in her quiver' if DJT wins the election. Either way, a dangerous tool for Skeletor to have at her disposal.

I agree, it's a two-fer. Use to get rid of Grampa Joe or Trump as the case may be. And try and usurp power to Congress that isn't Congress's power in the first place, give them a check on the Executive Branch that was never intended by the Founders.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spt
3 hours ago, Weaseljd said:

Oh, you all are missing the point.  This is not about Trump.  This is about Biden and setting up a way to remove him due to his dementia to pave the way for President Harris.  Trump is the excuse - Biden is the reason.

I can't agree with this and here is why.  She doesn't need this for Biden.  Harris and all the Democrat cabinet will be more than happy to sign that Biden is mentally unable to continue as president if he gets in. This has been the plan all along.  Get Biden out of the way quickly through the 25th amendment with just the vice president and his cabinet claiming he is mentally unable, as declared in the amendment, to fulfil his duties then Harris will be President and name Pelosi as Vice President.  They do not have to have congress that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weaseljd
2 minutes ago, spt said:

I can't agree with this and here is why.  She doesn't need this for Biden.  Harris and all the Democrat cabinet will be more than happy to sign that Biden is mentally unable to continue as president if he gets in. This has been the plan all along.  Get Biden out of the way quickly through the 25th amendment with just the vice president and his cabinet claiming he is mentally unable, as declared in the amendment, to fulfil his duties then Harris will be President and name Pelosi as Vice President.  They do not have to have congress that way.

Except your way will not be as palatable to the public as the Pelosi way.  Some independent Board with a bunch of medical people comes in and says he is not competent, the public nods their head and says ok.  Harris and the cabinet do it, it seems more like a coup attempt.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjperry51

Even if it passes would it survive a Constitutional challenge??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown

She and her comrades deserve to be arrested for treason over this.

This is pure rigging of the system so that one party grabs and maintains control.  They did it in California and they're trying to do it to the nation.

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kestrel
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Weaseljd said:

Except your way will not be as palatable to the public as the Pelosi way.  Some independent Board with a bunch of medical people comes in and says he is not competent, the public nods their head and says ok.  Harris and the cabinet do it, it seems more like a coup attempt.

Wouldn't it still be a pipe dream?..To do this don't they have to get a 2/3rd vote thru both houses of Congress to even get of the ground, not too mention I don't think the Executive will sign off on this...(although I guess if they had 2/3rd of House and Senate they wouldn't need a Signature from the Prez...I think this is fundraising. "Send us money so we can Impeach..er I mean Indict..or at least get him for sure this time!..but it takes all of us doing our very best..to help us..help America!"   "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin
18 hours ago, mjperry51 said:

Even if it passes would it survive a Constitutional challenge??

Yes, it would.  The 25th Amendment says that either a majority of Cabinet secretaries can declare a President medically disabled or a body Congress creates by law.  Pelosi's idea is to create one by law.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scotsman

If anyone needs their mental health seen to, its her.

I have no dog in this fight, but from 3000m away, I can honestly say the woman is a nutcase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mjperry51
2 hours ago, Martin said:

Yes, it would.  The 25th Amendment says that either a majority of Cabinet secretaries can declare a President medically disabled or a body Congress creates by law.  Pelosi's idea is to create one by law.  

Is “medically disabled” defined??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kestrel
On 10/9/2020 at 4:18 PM, Weaseljd said:

Except your way will not be as palatable to the public as the Pelosi way.  Some independent Board with a bunch of medical people comes in and says he is not competent, the public nods their head and says ok.  Harris and the cabinet do it, it seems more like a coup attempt.

Yeah! they could just trot in Dr's Fau-Chi And Birx..that should do it!

Kestrel...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kestrel
7 hours ago, Martin said:

Yes, it would.  The 25th Amendment says that either a majority of Cabinet secretaries can declare a President medically disabled or a body Congress creates by law.  Pelosi's idea is to create one by law.  

That would take a 2/3rds vote from House and Senate. Do you think that's gonna happen?..I don't. I think this is a fundraiser.

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...