To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
oki

PR or Policy what really matters to you?

Rate this topic

quixoticconundrum

Absofragginlutely!  All of our elected officials (not leaders mind you,) should be willing to get the job done for the country and not themselves.  Many long term politicians would have been dumped in a deep lake by now (I.E. Lake Charles, LA "Contraban days.")  WE THE PEOPLE are ultimately the ones at fault.  WE didn't take up our civic duty as laid out by our Founding Fathers.  WE'RE the ones to blame for allowing con artists and snake-oil salesmen/women to feed us a line of b.s. because it sounded good.  WE have to take our country back from the corrupt and inept.

• Agree (+1) 2

oki
6 minutes ago, quixoticconundrum said:

Absofragginlutely!  All of our elected officials (not leaders mind you,) should be willing to get the job done for the country and not themselves.  Many long term politicians would have been dumped in a deep lake by now (I.E. Lake Charles, LA "Contraban days.")  WE THE PEOPLE are ultimately the ones at fault.  WE didn't take up our civic duty as laid out by our Founding Fathers.  WE'RE the ones to blame for allowing con artists and snake-oil salesmen/women to feed us a line of b.s. because it sounded good.  WE have to take our country back from the corrupt and inept.

How many of the same people who hate Trump for personal flaws buy a used car from a salesman who smiles a lot and knows nothing about cars in general?  Our current Van the salesman simply said here is the keys go take it for a spin.  Our previous Van the salesman didn't say much, but did smile some when I used some of my old tricks to spot potential issues.  Joe Biden smiles a lot, Trump doesn't.  Ever see a picture of Grant, Patton or McArthur smiling?  All where famous for very 'gruff' personalities(especially Patton).  None where famous for having a nice bedside manner.  History has forgotten this, what is remembered is them getting the job done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

quixoticconundrum

Exactly.  Soft and smiling shows our adversaries weakness.

• Haha (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee

BOTH Matter.

I want the policy, but recognize that a certain amount of PR goes with it.

There's an old adage: Sell the sizzle, not the steak.

But... that only works if you can actually DELIVER the steak once you've sold it. The Republican Party need to learn a thing or two about this.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

zurg
8 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

BOTH Matter.

But... that only works if you can actually DELIVER the steak once you've sold it. The Republican Party need to learn a thing or two about this.

I believe Oki was setting this up as an either or question and here you’ve gone and f’d it up. Good f’n job! 

Oki, my sentiments exactly. I’ll never meet Trump, I don’t have to like him, I prefer the better outcome for my family than a fake BS promise from someone who might behave more nicely. 

(Although Biden isn’t even that, he’s one nasty bastard, and Kamala is nastier.) 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 4

zurg

Yeah, that got me to think, hey who’s the nastier person, Trump or Biden? 

Everyone here who hates Trump’s personality, are you ready to say Biden has a better one? 

I’m not. Biden is a nasty f’n ahole. 

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

NH Populist

Yeah Oki, for some people it's all about results, everything else is immaterial. Then you have people frustrated with Trump who'll yell, "IF HE'D JUST STOP TWEETING!" Lol   Considering the job he's done and the attacks he's endured, he can tweet 'til his fingertips are raw, I don't care! Lol   He's putting America first and if I have to take his rough edges to get it done, it's a small price to pay...:thumbsup:

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

Name one president who was more of a PATRIOT than Trump. Other than the founding fathers. 

• Agree (+1) 1

SARGE
14 minutes ago, zurg said:

Name one president who was more of a PATRIOT than Trump. Other than the founding fathers. 

What are your criteria for measuring  a man's  patriotism?

Lincoln,  Reagan, Grant, ....

zurg
Just now, SARGE said:

Trump is at least as patriotic as Reagan. 

Lincoln is too much of a sacred cow to touch so I’ll concede that. Grant I don’t know well enough. 

Part of my reason for posting the question was to illustrate, by way of someone attempting to answer, that Trump is most likely in rare company. In a handful of the most patriotic presidents. 

• Agree (+1) 1

SARGE
9 minutes ago, zurg said:

Trump is at least as patriotic as Reagan. 

Lincoln is too much of a sacred cow to touch so I’ll concede that. Grant I don’t know well enough. 

Part of my reason for posting the question was to illustrate, by way of someone attempting to answer, that Trump is most likely in rare company. In a handful of the most patriotic presidents. 

One more time:  what are the criteria you are using to make your judgement?

zurg
34 minutes ago, SARGE said:

One more time:  what are the criteria you are using to make your judgement?

I can’t state the criteria. I’m calling it “patriotism”. Look it up. It has to do with caring about your country, even above your own wealth and wellbeing. 

• Agree (+1) 3

Dean Adam Smithee
16 minutes ago, zurg said:

I believe Oki was setting this up as an either or question and here you’ve gone and f’d it up. Good f’n job! 

Oki, my sentiments exactly. I’ll never meet Trump, I don’t have to like him, I prefer the better outcome for my family than a fake BS promise from someone who might behave more nicely. 

(Although Biden isn’t even that, he’s one nasty bastard, and Kamala is nastier.) 

Yeah, okay. That's what I do.

But, if there's there's a point to be made here: I've voted for Republicans HOW many times over the years, and what do I have to show for it?

Reverse the "new deal"?

Reverse the "Great Society" ?

Defund Amtrak, NPR, etc?

Please point to the one thing that republicans have ever actually accomplished.

kestrel
52 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Yeah, okay. That's what I do.

But, if there's there's a point to be made here: I've voted for Republicans HOW many times over the years, and what do I have to show for it?

Reverse the "new deal"?

Reverse the "Great Society" ?

Defund Amtrak, NPR, etc?

Please point to the one thing that republicans have ever actually accomplished.

They got Barack Hussein Obama Elected!

kestrel...

• Haha (+1) 1

SARGE
1 hour ago, zurg said:

I can’t state the criteria. I’m calling it “patriotism”. Look it up. It has to do with caring about your country, even above your own wealth and wellbeing. 

Don't need to "look it up".  It's my native language.

If you can't state the criteria, how do you judge who is more patriotic?

Is it your feelings?  You know, like Liberals do?

zurg
27 minutes ago, SARGE said:

You said that “patriotism” is your native language. So why would I need to describe it for you? You already know. 

• Agree (+1) 1

USNJIMRET
54 minutes ago, SARGE said:

Curious as to why you are picking a fight here?

• Agree (+1) 2

SARGE
12 minutes ago, USNJIMRET said:

Curious as to why you are picking a fight here?

Not picking a fight.

I'm curious  as to his criteria for judging a presidents level of patriotism.

Hieronymous
3 hours ago, SARGE said:

Not picking a fight.

I'm curious  as to his criteria for judging a presidents level of patriotism.

This is a great question.

• Agree (+1) 1

NH Populist
8 hours ago, SARGE said:

It comes down to, are you willing to die on the battlefield for your country...

Moderator T
9 hours ago, zurg said:

Yeah, that got me to think, hey who’s the nastier person, Trump or Biden? 

Everyone here who hates Trump’s personality, are you ready to say Biden has a better one? 

I’m not. Biden is a nasty f’n ahole. 

:Shrug: As much as you seem to hate the answer "both," I'll stick with it.  They're both pretty terrible people.  I don't see a reason to weight them on this issue.  That said, I have a pretty low opinion of 99% of politicians on this front and I'll be voting on policy and success in implementing it.

Feel free to unload on me now and tell me how I "f'd" up your post by not giving you whatever answer it is you want.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
2 hours ago, Moderator T said:

:Shrug: As much as you seem to hate the answer "both," I'll stick with it.  They're both pretty terrible people.  I don't see a reason to weight them on this issue.  That said, I have a pretty low opinion of 99% of politicians on this front and I'll be voting on policy and success in implementing it.

Feel free to unload on me now and tell me how I "f'd" up your post by not giving you whatever answer it is you want.

I don’t see how you can say Trump is an equally bad person as Biden. 

That pro-life stuff doesn’t mean that much to you after all? I’m surprised that didn’t swing the balance in Trump’s favor. 

Edited by zurg
  • Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
13 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

BOTH Matter.

That's all the republican party does. You get talk and more talk about the sizzle, but no steak that you've paid for. You get nothing. But with democraps they will always steal you blind and rape every moral idea that you hold.

I agree with Oki's points that basically people will buy and eat a shidt sandwich from a slick smiling salesman than a nice juicy delicious steak from a cranky grumpy chef.

We used to have a family dentist who was a super nice guy, but did crappy work. We also had a family dentist who was a jerk (loved to shame his patients for not taking better care of their teeth) but did excellent work. The same goes for a couple of family doctors. I always went to the ones that were the best and not going to screw things up and injure me, not for counseling on my feelings. I just tell them to shut up with the shaming crap and fix what needs fixing or tell me how to do it myself.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Moderator T
1 hour ago, zurg said:

I don’t see how you can say Trump is an equally bad person as Biden. 

That pro-life stuff doesn’t mean that much to you after all? I’m surprised that didn’t swing the balance in Trump’s favor. 

I thought we were talking about the PR/personality thing here.  Trump could be as bad as him and Biden combined as a person and as long as he were as pro-life as he is I'd vote for him happily.  But being pro-life alone doesn't automatically make you a good person.