Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
oki

PR or Policy what really matters to you?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hieronymous
4 hours ago, Moderator T said:

:Shrug: As much as you seem to hate the answer "both," I'll stick with it.  They're both pretty terrible people.  I don't see a reason to weight them on this issue.  That said, I have a pretty low opinion of 99% of politicians on this front and I'll be voting on policy and success in implementing it.

 

Feel free to unload on me now and tell me how I "f'd" up your post by not giving you whatever answer it is you want.

If everyone voted for politicians because they were great people nobody would vote.

  • Best Post (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Severian
5 hours ago, Moderator T said:

:Shrug: As much as you seem to hate the answer "both," I'll stick with it.  They're both pretty terrible people.  I don't see a reason to weight them on this issue.  That said, I have a pretty low opinion of 99% of politicians on this front and I'll be voting on policy and success in implementing it.

 

Feel free to unload on me now and tell me how I "f'd" up your post by not giving you whatever answer it is you want.

I agree, any and all politicians, especially at the national level, are obnoxious narcissistic sociopaths at best, psychopaths at worst. But I doubt Trump can hold a candle to Biden on personal corruption and enriching himself on the public teat. That makes him, personality aside, less of a terrible person. And "no drama" Obama was the kind of slick snake oil salesman who would sweet talk you while stealing you blind, lots of flash and smooth talk, no morals or ethics at all.

1 hour ago, Hieronymous said:

If everyone voted for politicians because they were great people nobody would vote.

Yeah, that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython

Most (if not all) of you will be familiar with the incident where Justice Potter Stewart couldn't exactly define pornography, followed by "But I know it when I see it." Well that's how I'd have to answer the "patriot criteria" question. I can't put together a detailed list, but I know a patriot when I see/hear/read one. Trump passes muster, Biden doesn't.

And sorry, but I must be listed among those who say both PR and Policy matter. I agree.

B) 

 

Edited by MontyPython

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

And sorry, but I must be listed among those who say both PR and Policy matter. I agree.

B) 

 

I see both you and ModT disapprove of my response to Adam. I should perhaps apologize to him, but I’ll just say it was a reaction to the fact that Adam is always the contrarian. I admit it annoys me. Occasionally, sure, no problem. Always? Too much for me. And what is it that some other people say - see something, say something and the like. That’s one reason for my strongish response. 

Secondly, and this is how I understood Oki to have set up the question, to choose one or the other, mostly a hypothetical question. Yes, in reality, in everyday life, OF COURSE both matter. But I thought the question was to indicate which one is more important to you. 

I still don’t think I misunderstood Oki’s meaning, but as usual, we’re all still free people, free to say whatever we think. 

Edited by zurg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
27 minutes ago, zurg said:

I see both you and ModT disapprove of my response to Adam. I should perhaps apologize to him, but I’ll just say it was a reaction to the fact that Adam is always the contrarian. I admit it annoys me. Occasionally, sure, no problem. Always? Too much for me. And what is it that some other people say - see something, say something and the like. That’s one reason for my strongish response. 

Secondly, and this is how I understood Oki to have set up the question, to choose one or the other, mostly a hypothetical question. Yes, in reality, in everyday life, OF COURSE both matter. But I thought the question was to indicate which one is more important to you. 

I still don’t think I misunderstood Oki’s meaning, but as usual, we’re all still free people, free to say whatever we think. 

 

I openly admit I too might've misunderstood the question. It was kinda rambling, plus it didn't specify "important" to what, exactly. Important to me, personally, or to my country & fellow citizens as a whole? Or important to a great president who must concern himself with re-election? Important to win over previously-opposed voters?

Etc?

:shrug: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oathtaker

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do. — Andrew Carnegie

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...