Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Joe Biden and the Ku Klucker

https://www.frontpagemag.com/

Lloyd Billingsley

Wed Oct 14, 2020

Article:

byrd.jpg?itok=djiRXMAX

“Although I and my colleagues behind me revere the Senate, Robert C. Byrd elevated the Senate,” said vice president Joe Biden in the July 2010 memorial service for Sen. Robert Byrd, the West Virginia Democrat who passed away at 92 after an eventful life. Back in 1975, the Atlantic billed Byrd as “The Man Who Runs the Senate,” while skipping details about Byrd’s career as a community organizer for the Ku Klux Klan.

In 1942, when he was 25, Byrd formed a new Klan chapter in Sophia, West Virginia, and in 1944 Byrd wrote to segregationist Senator Theodore Bilbo, Mississippi Democrat: “I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.” Byrd claimed he left the Klan, but in public life the stank of racism was still wafting strong.  

In 1967, Byrd voted against the confirmation of Thurgood Marshall, the first African American nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court. In 1991, when embattled Bush nominee Clarence Thomas pushed back against the “high-tech lynching of uppity blacks,” Byrd dismissed it a “diversionary tactic.” Sen. Joe Biden joined the former Ku Klucker in voting against Thomas. Nearly 20 years later, Sen. Biden was still looking up to the man who not only elevated the Senate but embodied it.

“Robert C. Byrd was a parliamentary library, a keeper of the institution of the Senate, and he was the institution itself,” Biden said. “For a lot of us, he was a friend, and he was a mentor and he was a guide,” within limits. As Biden explained, when he ran for President, Byrd said “I don’t want any senators running for president because you never come back and vote when I need you.” 

As Biden said, “So I made a promise that no matter where I was, if he called me and said he needed my vote, I’d drop whatever I was doing and I’d come. And I kept the commitment.” The former Ku Klucker’s wish was Joe Biden’s command.

Full Story

Hieronymous
1 hour ago, Moderator T said:

Robert Byrd.  James Easton.  Jesse Helms.  Strom Thurmond.  Biden has a long history of working with segregationists and other racists to prevent the "racial jungle" he feared his children would grow up in.  Ironic that his son still managed to grow up to be a crackhead dirt bag safely away from the minorities his father feared so much.

For 50% of the take, Biden was probably happy to tell everyone what a great kid he had.

• Agree (+1) 2

NH Populist

Isn't the president who pushed race relations back 50 years during his time in office about to join Joe on the campaign trail?!   Having him in her corner worked great for Hillary, go Barack!!

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup

ac471419-59e4-4865-bb7f-42eb5b9115d4-AP_

RedSoloCup
4 hours ago, Moderator T said:

Robert Byrd.  James Easton.  Jesse Helms.  Strom Thurmond.  Biden has a long history of working with segregationists and other racists to prevent the "racial jungle" he feared his children would grow up in.  Ironic that his son still managed to grow up to be a crackhead dirt bag safely away from the minorities his father feared so much.

FB_IMG_1596551241649.thumb.jpg.8126daf856ef5b2629c3581c51b5c113.jpg

Dean Adam Smithee
8 hours ago, Moderator T said:

Yeah, well, if Joe Biden had been my dad I probably wouldn't exactly be a model citizen either. LOL.

Funny thing, though: However much of a brash a-hole Trump might be at times (I'm thinking of comments made in a different thread), I'm not aware of any of the Trump children being thrown out of the military for drug abuse or leaving crack pipes in rental cars. 

The good book says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Well, okay, that's not 100% true but I think it works as a general rule.