It's starting to look ugly for Democrats

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

It's starting to look ugly for Democrats

https://www.americanthinker.com/

By Alan Bergstein

October 17, 2020

Article:

It's crunch time for the challenging Democrats.  We're coming down to blastoff-like countdown numbers 'til November 3.  The real leaders of the Dem Party — not those shock troops carrying placards in the streets, but the real mavens of policy, who call the shots from behind their desks — are starting to sweat.  They have smarts.  How long before their candidate goes completely off the wall and is no longer able to be protected by the accommodating media?  Biden has already twice repeatedly claimed to nationwide audiences that he's running for a Senate seat.  His behavior to both fans and interviewers has increasingly shown his mean side.  He's ready to implode under the pressure.  In addition, Trump's almost miraculous recovery from the coronavirus and the massive crowds cheering him on at his open-air rallies indicate another 2016-like disaster for the left.  Leftists know it.  And this frightens them.

Throw in the exposure of Hunter's exploits that have his dad's fingerprints all over the scandals that are slowly leaking out and raising the awareness to those who have yet to cast their ballots.  The laughably rigged "polls" reminiscent of those in 2016 are fading in relevance.  It's clear to the left's top brass that the Donald Trump of today is nothing like what he was when he faced off against Hillary.  He was then a big question mark in the mind of every citizen.  He had no political history at all.  He ran solely on promises, which politicians rarely keep once they attain office.  Trump kept his — every one.  People noticed.  Not only did blue-collar Democrat workers retain their jobs, but employment opportunities increased.  America became not onlyenergy independent, but the major producer and exporter of such power sources.  Trump lowered taxes, made peace in the Middle East, rebargained trade agreements in our favor, sent shivers down the spines of dictators, hung Putin out to dry, and is pulling out of our age-old wars.  All this and much more in less than four years with the Democrat jackals at his throat 24/7.  Throw in the ludicrous spectacle of his impeachment by the House, which began a few days before his swearing in — which, unfortunately for the left, raised his stature as a winner. 

The unruly and unprofessional recent handling of the NBC Miami "town hall" by Savannah Guthrie, that went off the wall, did not sit well with the crucial voters on the fringe.  Amy Barrett's hearings unveiled the bias of the left toward her Christian beliefs.  Christian voters, especially those millions who sat out 2012 because of Trump's brashness, noticed, nodded, and have been inspired to vote.

The foundation of Biden's campaign is cracking.  Something drastic has to be done, now at the finish line, to panic the voters, to short-circuit the voting process, to divert voters' attention, to basically destroy the election and eventually declare the outcome null and void.  How to do this and what to expect in the days ahead?  Nothing's off the table for the radical left.

Full Story

• Best Post (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

Throw in the exposure of Hunter's exploits that have his dad's fingerprints all over the scandals that are slowly leaking out and raising the awareness to those who have yet to cast their ballots.  The laughably rigged "polls" reminiscent of those in 2016 are fading in relevance.  It's clear to the left's top brass that the Donald Trump of today is nothing like what he was when he faced off against Hillary.  He was then a big question mark in the mind of every citizen.  He had no political history at all.  He ran solely on promises, which politicians rarely keep once they attain office.  Trump kept his — every one.  People noticed.  Not only did blue-collar Democrat workers retain their jobs, but employment opportunities increased.  America became not onlyenergy independent, but the major producer and exporter of such power sources.  Trump lowered taxes, made peace in the Middle East, rebargained trade agreements in our favor, sent shivers down the spines of dictators, hung Putin out to dry, and is pulling out of our age-old wars.  All this and much more in less than four years with the Democrat jackals at his throat 24/7.  Throw in the ludicrous spectacle of his impeachment by the House, which began a few days before his swearing in — which, unfortunately for the left, raised his stature as a winner. 

For any never trumper that argued that Hillary would have been a better choice than Trump. Add to this list 3 conservative / non-marxist picks to the SCOTUS. More than likely in this term Trump will have to replace Clarence Thomas (1948) and Breyer (1938). That means Trump will have 5 picks to the SCOTUS. Could we imagine what would be on there if Hillary had those choices? They would be marxists, the constitution would be nothing more than a history less of what it once was, and the American citizens would be the property of this marxist regimen not owners of our Constitutional Republic. Remember these things when you think that a 4 year term of Biden / Harris will not hurt us. 4 turns to 8 and 8 turns to an eternity. Never Trumper's may act like "experts" but those experts are inoculated from the virus known as Marxism, unlike the rest of us.

Look for those vandalous thugs in the armies of the BLM and Antifa, who, in recent years, were in Spring Training, to be called out in the next two weeks to strike fear into the hearts of America.  If polling places were to be vandalized and destroyed prior to November 3, could there not be a demand by the Schumers and Pelosis to call the election null and void due to "the denial of voting opportunities"?  If vehicles toting completed ballots were hijacked, what then of a reliable count?  Do you recall the two Black Panthers in Philadelphia during the 2008 voting process who physically and verbally intimidated voters in front of a polling station to vote in support of Barack Obama?  They were exonerated by Obama's wing man, Eric Holder.  It worked then for the Democrats, and look for more like that to occur by November 3.

My Sheriff Department issued all deputies riot helmets. I was wondering why, then it dawned on me. Our elections are coming up and I don't believe I will be in school that day. I think I will be at some voting booth ensuring people have the ability to vote. What an amazing thing these leftists have concocted.

• Agree (+1) 2

Dean Adam Smithee

This is a tough one. I really don't know. 

Pres: I *think* Trump will win. Probably not a landslide on the order of Nixon '72 (520 to 17 EVs) or Reagan '84 (525 to 13 EVs), but he'll do "well".

Contrary evidence: In the northern 'burbs of ATL, I see *LOTS* of Biden/Harris bumper stickers. Mostly on sh!t-box "virtual signalling" vehicles like Prius's etc. I've yet to see a Trump/Pence sticker... but maybe that's because, around here, nobody wants to see their $70K Mercedes torched over it.

(And maybe someday I should consider retiring my Nixon/Agnew sticker)

Senate: I'm worried. Way too close to call.  Luck of the draw, with 1/3 of the Senate up every 2 years, is that 2020 is not a very "friendly" landscape. We'll do well to at least HOLD the senate.

House: Possibilities. We COULD, possibly, If all the gods of politics are smiling on us, and with a little help from Saint Thomas More, Take back the house.  But I wouldn't go to the nearest Indian reservation and wager on it. 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Hieronymous

Sat out 2016.  Not 2012.

moocow
10 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

This is a tough one. I really don't know. 

Pres: I *think* Trump will win. Probably not a landslide on the order of Nixon '72 (520 to 17 EVs) or Reagan '84 (525 to 13 EVs), but he'll do "well".

Contrary evidence: In the northern 'burbs of ATL, I see *LOTS* of Biden/Harris bumper stickers. Mostly on sh!t-box "virtual signalling" vehicles like Prius's etc. I've yet to see a Trump/Pence sticker... but maybe that's because, around here, nobody wants to see their $70K Mercedes torched over it.

(And maybe someday I should consider retiring my Nixon/Agnew sticker)

Senate: I'm worried. Way too close to call.  Luck of the draw, with 1/3 of the Senate up every 2 years, is that 2020 is not a very "friendly" landscape. We'll do well to at least HOLD the senate.

House: Possibilities. We COULD, possibly, If all the gods of politics are smiling on us, and with a little help from Saint Thomas More, Take back the house.  But I wouldn't go to the nearest Indian reservation and wager on it. 

I tend to think Trump has the enthusiasm and incumbent advantage. As such, I think he can help the Congressional tickets as well. That being said, with this whole covidiot nonsense, and a mad push to change all our voting methodologies right before the election (and yes, changing an entire voting structure even a few months before an election is rushed), I tend to worry about outright cheating. Particularly for the more local races like House seats. I’m thinking it’ll be 2018 Broward County, but across the entire nation. 

Dean Adam Smithee
10 hours ago, moocow said:

I tend to think Trump has the enthusiasm and incumbent advantage. As such, I think he can help the Congressional tickets as well. That being said, with this whole covidiot nonsense, and a mad push to change all our voting methodologies right before the election (and yes, changing an entire voting structure even a few months before an election is rushed), I tend to worry about outright cheating. Particularly for the more local races like House seats. I’m thinking it’ll be 2018 Broward County, but across the entire nation. 

Yes, there's that too. There IS an "incumbent advantage" and I think it's all about "Human Nature": People don't like to be proven wrong.  Nobody who voted for Trump in '16 is going to be thinking "I made a mistake". Meanwhile, many who were legitimately skeptical of Trump in '16 no longer have reason to be skeptical. I think he'll do "well". And history shows that presidents who DO get re-elected tend to do better the second time. (Nixon '72 did better than Nixon '68; Reagan better in '84 than '80.... GWB better in '04 than '00).

Two notable exceptions: Carter '80 and GHWB '92. But BOTH brought it upon themselves; BOTH gave voters specific tangible reasons for changing there minds. DJT has give no such reasons.

My biggest fear is that this election will turn into not Broward County 2018 but Palm Beach County 2000.

Severian
8 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

My biggest fear is that this election will turn into not Broward County 2018 but Palm Beach County 2000.

That's pretty much guaranteed and the Democrats are pushing for it to happen for all they're worth. The more chaos the better their chances of stealing the election.