pepperonikkid

Biden’s Agenda Includes Permanent Mask Wearing as He Brings Himself to an End

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Biden’s Agenda Includes Permanent Mask Wearing as He Brings Himself to an End

https://crackedpolitics.com/

October 17, 2020

Article:

History will remember Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the party of the mask. Their reluctance to admit the lies that surround mask-wearing fuels their campaign. Behind the mask is the fear and torment of being forced to wear one. Biden pushes that the virus is very much alive and deadlier than ever. He also says a mask is the one thing that will save one’s life. His lying has led to people wearing a mask, behind a face shield, while wearing rubber gloves while driving alone in a car.

Biden has yet to provide a clear plan on his thoughts about COVID-19. His words on the subject have been shady and jumbled since COVID-19 showed up seven months ago. He was quick to criticize the president and even quicker to put on his mask once the CDC recommended it. He is one that sits in his basement with a mask on.

The Democratic Party is taking advantage of the American people. The pandemic has caused a lot of hurt and pain for people. And the liberals are quick to rub salt in the wounds by pushing the mask concept on people when it is no longer needed.

The so-called effectiveness of the mask has changed in the past few months. First, it was said that one should wear a mask to protect themselves. Then it was changed that every person needs to wear one because it protects others around them. The truth is that a mask only protects the wearer from contracting the virus. And that is only if they are wearing the right kind of mask.

The sad part about Biden’s lying to the people is that they are not protected any better than before. The mask is simply a ploy by the Democrats to control people. It is the same reason they cry foul every time the president shows up in public without a mask. They believe that he is going to infect someone with the virus.

Democrats have nothing to stand on if they could not force people to strap on a mask. In Biden’s world, America is Islamic, and women have to cover their faces. This is one reason he does not have an issue with forcing people to do something they do not want. Something that ultimately is proven to be unconstitutional.

Full Story

Dean Adam Smithee

Slo-Joe has overdone it.

Proper guidelines are a mask *OR*  "social distancing".  If you're within coughing/sneezing distance of the next person, yeah, sure..... BUT  If you're a speaker on a podium 100' from the next person, it's asinine to wear a mask.

Noclevermoniker
5 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Slo-Joe has overdone it.

Proper guidelines are a mask *OR*  "social distancing".  If you're within coughing/sneezing distance of the next person, yeah, sure..... BUT  If you're a speaker on a podium 100' from the next person, it's asinine to wear a mask.

I worry for America.  All this time, we’ve been social distancing at 6’ while the smarter euroweenies were enforcing 2m. How many of us are doomed by the difference?

ThePatriot
17 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Slo-Joe has overdone it.

No need for masks *OR* "social distancing".  Perhaps you haven't seen the document from The Great Barrington Declaration:

The Great Barrington Declaration – As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection. 

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice. 

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza. 

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e.  the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity. 

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection. 

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals. 

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

• Best Post (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee

I'll buy that. It's all  about "immunity"... "herd Immunity". Within bounds.

"Watchful Waiting".... Try it, see what works or doesn't. ]\

ChiComms have (Perhaps Accidentally) thrown something at us. I'm willing to bet that OUR scientists are better than THEIR  scientists.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Noclevermoniker
9 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

ChiComms have (Perhaps Accidentally) thrown something at us. I'm willing to bet that OUR scientists are better than THEIR  scientists.

“No, Senator. Our Chermans are better than their Chermans.”

• Haha (+1) 2

MontyPython
24 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

"Watchful Waiting" is precisely what we have been doing . . . for literally months on end . . . and what we've learned is that lockdowns and masks and so forth are doing more harm than good. It's long past time to open the country back up - Restaurants, bars, theaters, bowling alleys, libraries, big stores and little shops, everything.

After all, those who still want to wear masks & gloves and lock themselves up at home will still be allowed to do so, won't they? Why should the rest of our lives be ruined by their paranoia?

B) 

• Agree (+1) 4

Ben Cranklin
35 minutes ago, Noclevermoniker said:

“No, Senator. Our Chermans are better than their Chermans.”

They had in mind a jimp.

• Haha (+1) 1

zurg
17 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

"Watchful Waiting" is precisely what we have been doing . . . for literally months on end . . . and what we've learned is that lockdowns and masks and so forth are doing more harm than good. It's long past time to open the country back up - Restaurants, bars, theaters, bowling alleys, libraries, big stores and little shops, everything.

After all, those who still want to wear masks & gloves and lock themselves up at home will still be allowed to do so, won't they? Why should the rest of our lives be ruined by their paranoia?

B) 

Let me expand on this theme for those ready to object. 

What is the practical effect of more mingling and activity? Just like with the flu, more infections. If people who are otherwise healthy get sick and get better, why is that a bad thing? Well, a slight loss of productivity because they take a week to ten days sick leave, but the super good news is that you’re building herd immunity through essentially minor illnesses. This will help the more vulnerable people later. 

I know what the counter argument is: more virus around in public areas means higher chance for the more vulnerable to catch it, because they can’t isolate 100% and not everyone can afford home deliveries of everything, and besides, the delivery people could be carriers. Okay, but increased presence of the virus by how much? Won’t the vulnerable people take precautions anyway, all the time? Doesn’t 70% alcohol kill the virus, even if there’s more of it? Doesn’t hand washing work even if there’s more virus around? Indeed they do. So there’s no way to assert that the additional positive cases would translate to proportionately more vulnerable positives, and thus proportionately more deaths. It doesn’t scale like that.

And one more point: if the mask is supposed to be protective against one sick person (because it supposedly blocks a sick person from transmitting), it should be protective against five sick persons. 

So, my point is, I don’t see how the resulting increased number of covid cases would lead to proportionately more mortality and morbidity. I think we know enough now to adequately protect the more vulnerable and let the healthy people go back to work and other activities. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
4 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Slo-Joe has overdone it.

That's not true, you can walk through invisible clouds of doom-death virus and thus immediately spontaneously combust!

This is what Science is saying about the latest virus effects:

Follow the science. All hail science.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental
  • Haha (+1) 1

kestrel
1 hour ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

That's not true, you can walk through invisible clouds of doom-death virus and thus immediately spontaneously combust!

This is what Science is saying about the latest virus effects:

Follow the science. All hail science.

..You Must Comply!...Compliance is not Optional, Compliance is not Burdensome, Compliance is for the Greater Good!...Stay Safe! Comply Together!...We'll all get through this present Calamity Together ..liberty Normalcy can wait till the danger is passed...You must Comply For the good of The All. Stay safe! stay together! We can do this!..We Must do this! For the Good of all!.... You will comply!

The All

Dean Adam Smithee
4 hours ago, MontyPython said:

B) 

I'm just not seeing all the "more harm than good" and "ruination".

Here in GA, yes, it was dicey for a while. I've seen with my own eyes ERs and ICUs maxed out in the Atlanta area. And I fully supported Gov. Kemp on both the state shutdown (late Apr) AND re-opening (Late May). Since then, the occasional spike but nothing we can't handle.

Meanwhile, the State's economy is overall BETTER than it was a year ago, even with a brief 'shutdown" and ongoing measures.

Georgia.org: Six Months into 2020: $2 Billion in New Investments, Georgia USA Economy on Right Track

• Disagree (-1) 1

MontyPython
33 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I'm just not seeing all the "more harm than good" and "ruination".

Here in GA, yes, it was dicey for a while. I've seen with my own eyes ERs and ICUs maxed out in the Atlanta area. And I fully supported Gov. Kemp on both the state shutdown (late Apr) AND re-opening (Late May). Since then, the occasional spike but nothing we can't handle.

Meanwhile, the State's economy is overall BETTER than it was a year ago, even with a brief 'shutdown" and ongoing measures.

Georgia.org: Six Months into 2020: $2 Billion in New Investments, Georgia USA Economy on Right Track

Then consider yourself extraordinarily lucky. Georgia must be a magic land of unicorns and rainbows. Meanwhile around here you can't go anywhere without seeing formerly-thriving businesses boarded up and closed for good. That includes places owned by good friends, places I used to eat & drink at, places I used to sing & play guitar. The people who used to own & operate those places are bankrupt (at least the several I know personally) and desperately trying to sell homes or cars or whatever just so they can feed their families. Unfortunately everybody else is broke too, so things aren't selling. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and are as broke & desperate as their now-bankrupt former bosses. Then there are the young lives (like my grandson) whose life is being destroyed by the school being closed, and his poor mother having to deal with both him and his 3-yr-old sister without a break all day.

And so forth. Anybody who can't see the ruination must not leave home much. Or as I said before, must live in a magic land of unicorns & rainbows.

:shrug: 

Edited by MontyPython
  • Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

Then consider yourself extraordinarily lucky. Georgia must be a magic land of unicorns and rainbows. Meanwhile around here you can't go anywhere without seeing formerly-thriving businesses boarded up and closed for good. That includes places owned by good friends, places I used to eat & drink at, places I used to sing & play guitar. The people who used to own & operate those places are bankrupt (at least the several I know personally) and desperately trying to sell homes or cars or whatever just so they can feed their families. Unfortunately everybody else is broke too, so things aren't selling. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and are as broke & desperate as their now-bankrupt former bosses. Then there are the young lives (like my grandson) whose life is being destroyed by the school being closed, and his poor mother having to deal with both him and his 3-yr-old sister without a break all day.

And so forth. Anybody who can't see the ruination must not leave home much. Or as I said before, must live in a magic land of unicorns & rainbows.

:shrug: 

Anecdotal Monty You know that!..Just because you "See it with your own eyes" and live it day to day does not make it real..Does it?

Kestrel...

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
51 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Anecdotal Monty You know that!..Just because you "See it with your own eyes" and live it day to day does not make it real..Does it?

Kestrel...

:doh: 

Of course, how could I have forgotten? LOL. I'm only supposed to believe what I'm told, not what I can see for myself.

;) 

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

:doh: 

Of course, how could I have forgotten? LOL. I'm only supposed to believe what I'm told, not what I can see for myself.

;) 

"Fear Sells Bro'..." I think when we, and here I mean us "R/Ner's", look back on this I don't think it will be a "Hard Sell" to come to the conclusion that we were...extremely misinformed  whether thru ignorance and incompetence or some darker motive (or both) will be the only real question.

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

I can barely stand to wear the damned thing to grocery shop so that people don't get freaked out.

The idea of someone making that permanent and mandatory makes me feel like showing BLMM/Antifa what it is to protest.

• Agree (+1) 2

AntonToo
11 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Slo-Joe has overdone it.

Asinine....hmmm I wonder what words you have for Trump who kept talking crap about mask wearing, failed to institute proper protocols in the WH and eventually had pretty much his intire inner circle infected with Covid-19.

If Trump was half as "asinine" as Biden, wore mask too much and not bs the public about Covid-19, then maybe this country wouldn't have 220,000 Americans dead today.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 6

Moderator T
1 hour ago, AntonToo said:

Asinine....hmmm I wonder what words you have for Trump who kept talking crap about mask wearing, failed to institute proper protocols in the WH and eventually had pretty much his intire inner circle infected with Covid-19.

If Trump was half as "asinine" as Biden, wore mask too much and not bs the public about Covid-19, then maybe this country wouldn't have 220,000 Americans dead today.

And yet the majority contracting COVID right now are saying that they are using masks in public and taking precautions.  So how much of a difference are masks making when people take them off to eat or drink, don't wear them around people they trust, don't wear them properly, wear useless gaiter masks, or touch everything in sight without washing their hands and then eat or shove them up their noses?

You, like many of the left want to ascribe all COVID deaths to the President.  Fine.  Does that mean had he done everything Biden said we'd be at zero?  If some people would still die under the miraculous plans that Democrats want, how many would have died anyhow, and who's fault are they?  Still Trump's?

While I'm asking questions, here's a couple more:

Are lower deaths to COVID worth the higher deaths of overdose and suicide combined with higher incidences of mental health crises, increased drug and alcohol use, and permanent financial woes on families?  Do you have a ratio?   Is 1 life saved to COVID worth 1 dead to suicide or do you have a formula?

If Trump had not limited travel from China during the early days of the outbreak and had let it continue as Biden and other Democrats wanted, would that have lowered deaths to COVID or raised them?   Would any extra deaths be okay because they came about through invented anti-racial bias virtue signaling?

Since Biden is so much better than Trump on this issue, what are your thoughts on his latest plan?  He says he wants the government to give small business loans with no interest to all impacted small businesses to carry them through the entire duration of COVID as well as funding state level programs to pay employers to keep their employees around.  Second, he wants schools to continue to socially isolate developing children and utilize distance learning while funding both the individual equipment and services necessary to students while also providing free meals to all students in the country.  Third he wants the government to pay for accelerated research into quicker and better tests, treatment medications, as well as a vaccine, and then wants the government to pay for every single dose.  In other words he wants to spend a metric crap ton of money. 

Where is that money going to come from?  Do you believe that the federal government can pay for any business that needs it to stay open, pay the wages of all employees who's employers can't afford them, pay for essentially all schooling in the country with new tech going to students, feed every single student in the country, and essentially fund all COVID related research, production, and treatment?

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

grimreefer
4 hours ago, AntonToo said:

giphy.gif

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup
5 hours ago, AntonToo said:

:yawn:

AntonToo
5 hours ago, Moderator T said:

And yet the majority contracting COVID right now are saying that they are using masks in public and taking precautions.  So how much of a difference are masks making when people take them off to eat or drink, don't wear them around people they trust, don't wear them properly, wear useless gaiter masks, or touch everything in sight without washing their hands and then eat or shove them up their noses?

You, like many of the left want to ascribe all COVID deaths to the President.  Fine.  Does that mean had he done everything Biden said we'd be at zero?  If some people would still die under the miraculous plans that Democrats want, how many would have died anyhow, and who's fault are they?  Still Trump's?

While I'm asking questions, here's a couple more:

Are lower deaths to COVID worth the higher deaths of overdose and suicide combined with higher incidences of mental health crises, increased drug and alcohol use, and permanent financial woes on families?  Do you have a ratio?   Is 1 life saved to COVID worth 1 dead to suicide or do you have a formula?

If Trump had not limited travel from China during the early days of the outbreak and had let it continue as Biden and other Democrats wanted, would that have lowered deaths to COVID or raised them?   Would any extra deaths be okay because they came about through invented anti-racial bias virtue signaling?

Since Biden is so much better than Trump on this issue, what are your thoughts on his latest plan?  He says he wants the government to give small business loans with no interest to all impacted small businesses to carry them through the entire duration of COVID as well as funding state level programs to pay employers to keep their employees around.  Second, he wants schools to continue to socially isolate developing children and utilize distance learning while funding both the individual equipment and services necessary to students while also providing free meals to all students in the country.  Third he wants the government to pay for accelerated research into quicker and better tests, treatment medications, as well as a vaccine, and then wants the government to pay for every single dose.  In other words he wants to spend a metric crap ton of money. 

Where is that money going to come from?  Do you believe that the federal government can pay for any business that needs it to stay open, pay the wages of all employees who's employers can't afford them, pay for essentially all schooling in the country with new tech going to students, feed every single student in the country, and essentially fund all COVID related research, production, and treatment?

Daaam Mod thats a huge bag of straw and misdirect.

Never did I blame Trump for all deaths, that ridiculous. I don't know how many deaths his incapacity to lead on Covid contributed to, but it's probably many.

Mask is just one of many precautions our president is could not be bothered to promote. Maybe at some point he could have explained to you that masks are primarily for protection of others FROM YOU. You are protected mostly by OTHERS wearing them and you protect others by wearing yours.

His latest misinformation spreading about masks is that 87% of people who wear them get Covid-19.

You can dodge addressing Trump's pathetic handling of Covid-19 all you want, but most voters know this.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel
17 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Daaam Mod thats a huge bag of straw and misdirect.

Never did I blame Trump for all deaths, that ridiculous. I don't know how many deaths his incapacity to lead on Covid contributed to, but it's probably many.

Mask is just one of many precautions our president is could not be bothered to promote. Maybe at some point he could have explained to you that masks are primarily for protection of others FROM YOU. You are protected mostly by OTHERS wearing them and you protect others by wearing yours.

His latest misinformation spreading about masks is that 87% of people who wear them get Covid-19.

You can dodge addressing Trump's pathetic handling of Covid-19 all you want, but most voters know this.

Gee I’m sure your also about to condemn Harris and Biden since her aides tested positive. I’ll wait for you to tell us how irresponsible they are and the horrible actions they had that caused this.

• Agree (+1) 2