kestrel

Comprehensive study: Fauci’s ‘standard of care’ COVID-19 treatment doesn’t work

Rate this topic

kestrel

jordanschachtel.substack.com

Comprehensive study: Fauci’s ‘standard of care’ COVID-19 treatment doesn’t work

Jordan Schachtel...Oct 17, 2020

EXCERPTS

A pharmaceutical giant’s antiviral medication, which has been frequently touted by Dr. Anthony Fauci as the “standard of care” for COVID-19 treatments, does not work whatsoever, according to the biggest and most comprehensive study to date on the super expensive drug.

Gilead’s Remdesivir, which costs Americans over $3,000 per treatment course after private insurance, is a total dud, according to a World Health Organization study that tracked over 11,000 COVID-19 patients in 30 different countries.

The New York Times summarized the results of the study: 

“In the end, no drug or combination reduced mortality, the chances that mechanical ventilation would be needed, or time spent in the hospital, compared with the patients without drug treatment,” 

Dr. Fauci is heavily invested in Remdesivir succeeding. Since 2014, he has dedicated massive taxpayer resources into studying and hyping Gilead’s product through the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), which he has led since 1984.

Fauci’s NIAID both conducted and funded much of the development of Remdesivir. Over $40 million in taxpayer dollars used in the development of Remdesivir can be traced directly to grants delivered by Fauci’s agency. Additionally, the NIAID is currently sponsoring two separate, major clinical trials on the Gilead product.

In April, the Dr. Fauci chief touted Remdesivir as the best available product to combat COVID-19:

“The data shows that Remdesivir has a clear cut significant positive effect in diminishing the time to recovery. This is really quite important. It’s highly significant,” he said in an April press conference. 

“What it has proven is that a drug can block this virus,” Fauci added, describing the drug as the “standard of care” for COVID-19 patients.

Fauci’s optimism was not backed by any particular evidence. The “successful” study that he was touting in April was funded by Gilead itself. And even that study showed a lack of success in treating COVID-19 patients. Still, with the backing of Fauci and others in the public health bureaucracy, Gilead secured a $1.2 billion deal with the U.S. government for 500,000 treatment courses. Additionally, Gilead recently inked a $1 billion deal with the European Union for a six-month supply fo the drug.

But it’s not just Fauci who has hyped Remdesivir, but almost the entirety of the U.S. public health bureaucracy. FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn and Fauci mentee Dr. Deborah Birx have constantly publicized and boosted the failed Gilead product.

Remdesivir was originally developed to treat Ebola, but was repackaged in 2020 as a COVID-19 treatment. The Gilead product costs the company about $10 to produce one treatment course, but it up-sells Remdesivir to the consumer at well over 300 times its initial cost.

In order to defend against the claims that its drug doesn’t seem to work, Gilead has invested countless millions into lobbying for the product in Washington, D.C. The company has waged many successful campaigns through the media by utilizing its rolodex of prominent medical doctors and scientists on the company’s payroll, in order to sell the benefits of Remdesivir, while undermining competitive treatments such as hydroxychloroquine. The company has also engaged in alleged illicit activity to sell its products. In September, Gilead paid a $97 million fine to the Department of Justice for allegedly paying illegal kickbacks.

Wonder if the good Doctor has a relative on the Gilead Board?

The Rest here

LINK:..https://jordanschachtel.substack.com/p/comprehensive-study-faucis-standard

zurg

Interesting. Okay, I’m back to HCQ/Z-pac/vit-C/vit-D/zinc as my go-to in case I get sick. The latter three I already take daily. 

kestrel
1 hour ago, zurg said:

Interesting. Okay, I’m back to HCQ/Z-pac/vit-C/vit-D/zinc as my go-to in case I get sick. The latter three I already take daily. 

If you can't get a Doc to write a HCQ script there is a supplement called Quercetin I believe that is also an Ionaphore for the Zn to permeate the cell membrane to interrupt virus replication..Trump said he used an experimental "Cocktail" made by a Co called Regeneron and some other rather common things..Pepcid AC and Vit D3...whatever he seemed to bounce back pretty well..(on second thought the Pepcid AC was probably due to the guys diet:):):)

K... 

Edited by kestrel

Ticked@TinselTown

OIP.5wR1agzK0tzcE0N42gnvWQHaEa?pid=Api&r

Severian

Fauci, Birx, and Holdren are all cut from the same cloth.

mjperry51
9 hours ago, kestrel said:

If you can't get a Doc to write a HCQ script there is a supplement called Quercetin I believe that is also an Ionaphore for the Zn to permeate the cell membrane to interrupt virus replication..Trump said he used an experimental "Cocktail" made by a Co called Regeneron and some other rather common things..Pepcid AC and Vit D3...whatever he seemed to bounce back pretty well..(on second thought the Pepcid AC was probably due to the guys diet:):):)

K... 

The Pepcid was probably to manage gastric reactions to the number of different drugs. .  .

ETA: The problem with this story is I don't trust either Fauci or the NYT. . .  .

marketing-speaker-rodney-goldston-joker.

Edited by mjperry51

Severian
38 minutes ago, mjperry51 said:

The Pepcid was probably to manage gastric reactions to the number of different drugs. .  .

ETA: The problem with this story is I don't trust either Fauci or the NYT. . .  .

marketing-speaker-rodney-goldston-joker.

The Pepcid thing is due to the fact it's been shown to have some use in treating the ChiCom Cooties, anecdotally of course.

zurg
10 hours ago, kestrel said:

K... 

I’ve got HCQ in the cabinet. 

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
10 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

I should get this..but I don't

K..

Ticked@TinselTown
8 hours ago, kestrel said:

I should get this..but I don't

K..

Machiavelli

kestrel
1 hour ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Machiavelli

Did he invent Spaghetti and Meat balls?

K...

MontyPython
58 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Did he invent Spaghetti and Meat balls?

K...

Naw, he invented the Mustang Mach II

ford-mustang-mach-ii-fastback-03.jpg?i

Ticked@TinselTown
21 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Niccolò Machiavelli was a political philosopher in Renaissance Italy. Though he was also a musician, poet, and playwright, he is best remembered today for his philosophy that the ends justify the means in politics, a theory delineated in his most famous work, The Prince.

kestrel
8 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Naw, he invented the Mustang Mach II

ford-mustang-mach-ii-fastback-03.jpg?i

Those were the daze!

K...

Severian

One of the favorite things I read that Machiavelli was "Availing himself of a favorable opportunity he had all of the nobles massacred, to the extreme satisfaction of the people." 

zurg
1 hour ago, Severian said:

One of the favorite things I read that Machiavelli was "Availing himself of a favorable opportunity he had all of the nobles massacred, to the extreme satisfaction of the people." 

Whitmer is a descendant of Machiavelli? I didn’t know that.