To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Debate Commission Changes Rules Again, Will Cut Mics for Two Minute Responses by Trump and Biden

Rate this topic

SinisterMrx
15 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Really? Do you believe that any of your assessment means much? The President being silenced once again by some random individual claiming the mantle of knowledge and truth above him? Do you really even understand what you are saying? The man is the leader of our nation and the defender of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. If some random individual can silence him then what do you think your freedom of speech means? Incidentally freedom of speech was based on the concept of free political speech, not just the right to say I like lamp.

When the moderator silences the POTUS is that OK?

We can already assume that the "moderator" will protect Biden, she's a damn surrogate for the Biden campaign, this has already been shown as a fact.

If the POTUS walks off the stage he will be claimed to be weak, same with talking over or any other thing, they will characterize it as weak and claim Biden won by standing up.

Calm down. First, this isn't a referendum on freedom of speech as each debater will have two minutes to speak. Our Congress uses rules that allow people to get their point across, and when they have had their say others rebut points they disagree with, and it is all done in an orderly and equitable fashion.

It is referred to as Parlamentary Procedure.

Second, "Some random individual" won't be silencing Trump. The debate moderator is supposed to mute one debater while their opponent is engaged in their two minutes of oratory.

The two minute rule is supposed to insure that both debaters have a chance to speak uninterupted.

Third and finally, I already stated- "If the mod is actually in controll of the mics she will reveal herself to be the Biden shill we know her to be by being overly protective of him."

Save your penchant for irrationality for the libs that frequent these forums, I'll eat you for a snack.

As I just did.

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
5 minutes ago, SinisterMrx said:

Calm down. First, this isn't a referendum on freedom of speech as each debater will have two minutes to speak. Our Congress uses rules that allow people to get their point across, and when they have had their say others rebut points they disagree with, and it is all done in an orderly and equitable fashion.

It is referred to as Parlamentary Procedure.

Second, "Some random individual" won't be silencing Trump. The debate moderator is supposed to mute one debater while their opponent is engaged in their two minutes of oratory.

The two minute rule is supposed to insure that both debaters have a chance to speak uninterupted.

Third and finally, I already stated- "If the mod is actually in controll of the mics she will reveal herself to be the Biden shill we know her to be by being overly protective of him."

Save your penchant for irrationality for the libs that frequent these forums, I'll eat you for a snack.

As I just did.

Guess what, changing the debate rules as written when first negotiated means NOTHING. when compared to the contract that was created, this isn't parliament, it's a Presidential debate. I am sick of Trupm going in 2: 1 on every one of these nonsensical things. Global warming is a fact? Sorry it's not even close. It's a religion. Did DJT "fail" with Covid? Sorry he did the very damn best he could with the incompetents that were running the states.

The moderator is a member of the Obama administrator. The mute button wasn't included in the features of this process when negotiated so get over yourself.

SinisterMrx
3 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Guess what, changing the debate rules as written when first negotiated means NOTHING. when compared to the contract that was created, this isn't parliament, it's a Presidential debate. I am sick of Trupm going in 2: 1 on every one of these nonsensical things. Global warming is a fact? Sorry it's not even close. It's a religion. Did DJT "fail" with Covid? Sorry he did the very damn best he could with the incompetents that were running the states.

The moderator is a member of the Obama administrator. The mute button wasn't included in the features of this process when negotiated so get over yourself.

I am obviously pro Trump. So your inept attempt to buttress your initial post by deflecting to the global warming and Covid-19 topics discussed in the first debate are irrelevant straw men when directed at me. I want Trump to do well.

My point was easily understood by everyone else here. I'll "get over myself" when you stop yammering about free speach issues that have nothing at all to do with debate procedure and a moderator "silencing the POTUS". Really?

Next........

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
1 minute ago, SinisterMrx said:

I am obviously pro Trump. So your inept attempt to buttress your initial post by deflecting to the global warming and Covid-19 topics discussed in the first debate are irrelevant straw men when directed at me. I want Trump to do well.

My point was easily understood by everyone else here. I'll "get over myself" when you stop yammering about free speach issues that have nothing at all to do with debate procedure and a moderator "silencing the POTUS". Really?

Next........

What questions have now been changed to the topic? This "bi-partisan" board is not only partisan but hostile. That's the problem, and yes there are definite free speech issues going on in our nation right now. Silencing the POTUS? That's the case, watch what happens in this debate, Biden will get his uninterrupted 2 minutes to spout all the lies he wants, when Trump has the chance to rebut then the badgering will start. This has been the pattern all along. Giving that badger the button to kill his mic will only amplify that crap show.

SinisterMrx

What questions have now been changed to the topic? This "bi-partisan" board is not only partisan but hostile. That's the problem, and yes there are definite free speech issues going on in our nation right now. Silencing the POTUS? That's the case, watch what happens in this debate, Biden will get his uninterrupted 2 minutes to spout all the lies he wants, when Trump has the chance to rebut then the badgering will start. This has been the pattern all along. Giving that badger the button to kill his mic will only amplify that crap show.

And as I initially stated in my first post- ""If the mod is actually in controll of the mics she will reveal herself to be the Biden shill we know her to be by being overly protective of him."

Now you are just making my point.

Glad you came round.

Next.......

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
Just now, SinisterMrx said:

And as I initially stated in my first post- ""If the mod is actually in controll of the mics she will reveal herself to be the Biden shill we know her to be by being overly protective of him."

Now you are just making my point.

Glad you came round.

Next.......

She will reveal? Oh come on now, she's in his camp to begin with, do you actually need a reveal? She WORKED for them. She knows them personally. They would have done better finding a meth head on the streets of LA to moderate this crap then let you think she's going to be fair.

SinisterMrx

She will reveal? Oh come on now, she's in his camp to begin with, do you actually need a reveal? She WORKED for them. She knows them personally. They would have done better finding a meth head on the streets of LA to moderate this crap then let you think she's going to be fair.

I want her to show just how "in the bag" for Biden she is.

I'll get my way, you won't.

Next.....

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

I want her to show just how "in the bag" for Biden she is.

I'll get my way, you won't.

Next.....

Yep, you will get your way, people will pretend this is an honest debate. When it's over they will talk about how Trump still tried to cheat, and how many new jobs will be created by these new requirements Biden wants, and how amazingly presidential he is etc. All the idiots that want to pretend like you that this was a honest thing will then turn their attention to the amazing sleight of hand the media does and we will lose. You challenge the fights before they destroy you, you don't sit there and get set up.

SinisterMrx

Yep, you will get your way, people will pretend this is an honest debate. When it's over they will talk about how Trump still tried to cheat, and how many new jobs will be created by these new requirements Biden wants, and how amazingly presidential he is etc. All the idiots that want to pretend like you that this was a honest thing will then turn their attention to the amazing sleight of hand the media does and we will lose. You challenge the fights before they destroy you, you don't sit there and get set up.

Explain to me how preventing Trump from interrupting Biden while he is blathering stops Trump from simply bringing up every point he wishes to when his mic is turned back on?
Tough, no?
That is what I thought.
Next......

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

Explain to me how preventing Trump from interrupting Biden while he is blathering stops Trump from simply bringing up every point he wishes to when his mic is turned back on?
Tough, no?
That is what I thought.
Next......

Did you not pay attention up there? When Trump gets to speak in the 2 minute response time (or is it 3), he will be arguing with the Rat dog that will start yipping about how he's lying. Same pattern happened in the first debate AND the town hall. Trump is forced to debate 2 people, and one of them will be mic'ing over him. You can't see this crap happening? Was there a rule that allowed Wallace or that other rat dog to interrupt and challenge the President on his points? How many times was Biden interrupted or corrected by the moderator? ZERO times. That's how many, nor was he pressed on any issues. Much like Hillary and her emails during the debates which were off limits these emails will also be off limits.

SinisterMrx

Did you not pay attention up there? When Trump gets to speak in the 2 minute response time (or is it 3), he will be arguing with the Rat dog that will start yipping about how he's lying. Same pattern happened in the first debate AND the town hall. Trump is forced to debate 2 people, and one of them will be mic'ing over him. You can't see this crap happening? Was there a rule that allowed Wallace or that other rat dog to interrupt and challenge the President on his points? How many times was Biden interrupted or corrected by the moderator? ZERO times. That's how many, nor was he pressed on any issues. Much like Hillary and her emails during the debates which were off limits these emails will also be off limits.

So, even without the two minute mute rule you see the debates as a farce Trump cannot hope to win.

In essence you have said- "Everyone is against him, they ALL see it the way THEY want. Trump will never have his say!!They LIELIELIELIELIE"

But you want to take it out on me?

Curious.

Next....

Edited by SinisterMrx
spelling is hard!
  • Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

So, even without the two minute mute rule you see the debates as a farce Trump cannot hope to win.

In essence you have said- "Everyone is against him, they ALL see it the way THEY want. Trump will never have his say!!They LIELIELIELIELIE"

But you want to take it out on me?

Curious.

Next....

I am not taking it out on you, I am stating simply that this belief that the moderator is anything but in the pocket of Biden is foolish, and wanting her to prove it is a fools folly. Did you not see the other two moderators? They were in the pocket of the left and yet we still believe Trump lost the 1st debate and did poorly on the town hall. Gee I wonder why? But yeah lets roll round 3 the way they want it, no ear bud checks, a mute button and a moderator that worked for Biden / Obama. Should go great!

SinisterMrx

I am not taking it out on you, I am stating simply that this belief that the moderator is anything but in the pocket of Biden is foolish, and wanting her to prove it is a fools folly. Did you not see the other two moderators? They were in the pocket of the left and yet we still believe Trump lost the 1st debate and did poorly on the town hall. Gee I wonder why? But yeah lets roll round 3 the way they want it, no ear bud checks, a mute button and a moderator that worked for Biden / Obama. Should go great!

I think Trump won the first debate, easily. Not a pretty win, but a win none the less.

Trump proved just how good on his feet he can be with Savannah Guthrie. He made every point he needed to.

She made the dem base very happy but she changed no minds and moved no hearts of the Independents, Hispanics and Black voters Trump needs. Trump looked composed as he shot down all of her twaddle.

And the people we need to vote Trump saw it.

Stop being so negative.

Cheer up. Trump is going to win.

I promise.

• Agree (+1) 1

Moderator T
16 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Yeah because you know it's important, and we need to pretend Biden's hand isn't in the pockets of every foreign nation he's been to.

Pretty much.  Plus  Trump's foreign policy successes are his best kept secret.  The man made peace between Israel and two Arab nations, peace between Kosovo and Serbia, tried making peace with North Korea, and is the first President since Eisenhower to not start a new war, bomb somebody new, or otherwise go on military adventures.  On the other side he's been tough on China and Iran both.  Giving him the opportunity to bring these things up would hurt Biden too much.

• Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
7 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Awwww, what is a debate?

The Definition of Debate is: a contention by words or arguments. That means two men enter the intellectual ring and one man is left standing. This concept of moderation by a disinterested party is a farce. The moderator is INTERESTED in the outcome of the election and in both of them this time it was the Moderator debating Trump. Biden and Trump should be forcefully advocating their positions and challenging each other. That's the point of this, it's not a infomercial.

Trump agreed to the rules of the debate and it's those rules of engagement that he broke. That is true no matter who was moderating.

There is nothing alpha about cheating, just like there is nothing alpha about the loudmouth Trump who has been at it his whole damn life.

Edited by AntonToo

MontyPython
48 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Trump agreed to the rules of the debate and it's those rules of engagement that he broke. That is true no matter who was moderating.

There is nothing alpha about cheating, just like there is nothing alpha about the loudmouth Trump who has been at it his whole damn life.

Please show where, exactly, Trump "agreed" to mute buttons.

Thanks. I'll wait.

:whistle: 

Taggart Transcontinental
5 hours ago, AntonToo said:

So marching down the street demanding to remove the Constitution should be considered the same thing? You were born under the rules of this Constitution, agreed to them and now demand a change to them? So you are just a loud mouthed cheater? Is that correct?

Taggart Transcontinental
6 hours ago, Moderator T said:

Pretty much.  Plus  Trump's foreign policy successes are his best kept secret.  The man made peace between Israel and two Arab nations, peace between Kosovo and Serbia, tried making peace with North Korea, and is the first President since Eisenhower to not start a new war, bomb somebody new, or otherwise go on military adventures.  On the other side he's been tough on China and Iran both.  Giving him the opportunity to bring these things up would hurt Biden too much.

Exactly right, the POTUS has been doing things no other President has done for 100 years other than Reagan. That is to keep every Promise he has made to the American people. Every one of them. I have never seen this in my lifetime. It's shocking to see what can happen when someone does what they say they will do.

Severian

I'd be happier if they muted the mic of the moderator.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

zurg
51 minutes ago, Severian said:

I'd be happier if they muted the mic of the moderator.

That would be the ideal. 

zurg
4 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

You were born under the rules of this Constitution

A slight correction, he adheres to rules of gulags.

So there’s that for context and perspective. 

Taggart Transcontinental
16 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Please show where, exactly, Trump "agreed" to mute buttons.

Thanks. I'll wait.

:whistle: 

You will be waiting for a while, this "bi-partisan" group of Never Trumpers agreed to it themselves just like the all agreed to cancel the last debate.

MontyPython
8 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

You will be waiting for a while, this "bi-partisan" group of Never Trumpers agreed to it themselves just like the all agreed to cancel the last debate.

Yup.

(And yes, LOL, the "I'll wait" comment was facetious...)

B)

Severian

I've amended what I want to see then. A mute on the moderator's mic when the candidates are speaking, for whatever time that is, 2 minute allotment or whatever, then a limit to the moderator's mic only being on for 30 sec, long enough to deliver a succinct, precise, short question, not the "so, considering that we all know you are an evil evil person, do you still beat your wife, rape your servants, get two scoops of ice cream, owe money to the Russians, and oh by the way please tell us how you plan to address your massive failings as we move into another wave of corona virus that you absolutely failed to do anything about" as opposed to "Please elaborate your plans on dealing with a winter wave of Covid cases."

• Best Post (+1) 1