Joe Buck And Troy Aikman Caught On Hot Mic Mocking NFL Military Pregame Flyover

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Joe Buck And Troy Aikman Caught On Hot Mic Mocking NFL Military Pregame Flyover
by Jorge Alonso 
10/19/2020
Brobible

<More Wondering Why Professional Sports Are Tanking Here>

FOX broadcasters Joe Buck and Troy Aikman don’t appear to be big fans of military pregame flyovers at NFL games.

In a video obtained by Defector media, Buck and Aikman, who apparently didn’t know they were being recorded, could be heard on a hot mic before the start of Sunday’s Packers-Bucs game mocking the pregame flyover as a waste of money by the government.

TROY AIKMAN: That’s a lot of jet fuel just to do a little flyover.
JOE BUCK: That’s your hard-earned money and your tax dollars at work!
AIKMAN: That stuff ain’t happening with [a] Kamala-Biden ticket. I’ll tell you that right now, partner.

While flyovers are fairly expensive military officials say they treat them as part of pilot training and the costs are drawn from training budgets.

Via Newsweek

The costs of flyovers are deducted from the training budget of the branch that takes part, and the time involved does count towards pilots’ training, however limited and simple the flyby may be.

Past flybys have been criticized as a waste of money, especially after the 2011 Super Bowl in Dallas, when jets flew low over the stadium’s closed roof at a reported cost of $450,000.

NFL fans were pretty shook by the Buck-Aikman hot mic moment.

(snip)

<More Wondering Why Professional Sports Are Tanking Here>

mliff1

I expected more from these 2 professionals but I guess they are bunch of preppy little prissies. The NFL is tanking and now we know why. When you have a bunch of a**hats commenting on military, politics, police........... They suck.

• Best Post (+1) 1

linewinder

Although I've been a huge Cowboys fan since '62, I always had an underlying hate for aikman.

This validates my impression of him.

• Like (+1) 1

oki
17 minutes ago, mliff1 said:

I expected more from these 2 professionals but I guess they are bunch of preppy little prissies. The NFL is tanking and now we know why. When you have a bunch of a**hats commenting on military, politics, police........... They suck.

They must think no lives near stadiums or watches from the outside.  As someone who very much gets a front row seat from my front or back yard for every single fly over done in Green Bay I can tell you there are many many people who still see it.  Hell, towards the end of last season we where driving on Ashland and a fly over was just completed and we saw the F-15's(5 I believe) fly over the road.  Holy crap where they low!  And yeah, you feel it. 

Bubbajoebob

Perhaps it's time for the military to stop paying the NFL millions of dollars every year to host these events. No need to further enrich the NFL. Players standing or kneeling for the national anthem wasn't an issue until 2009 because they were in the locker room when it was played. Then the military decided it was better advertising if they required the players to be on the field, and paid the NFL to set it up as part of the military recruitment budget. Just stop paying the NFL to do it, players stay off the field until they come out to play, and the kneelers lose their audience.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/pentagon-paid-nfl-displays-patriotism/

Ticked@TinselTown
15 minutes ago, oki said:

They must think no lives near stadiums or watches from the outside.  As someone who very much gets a front row seat from my front or back yard for every single fly over done in Green Bay I can tell you there are many many people who still see it.  Hell, towards the end of last season we where driving on Ashland and a fly over was just completed and we saw the F-15's(5 I believe) fly over the road.  Holy crap where they low!  And yeah, you feel it. 

Back in the day, I worked with a lady who had a part time gig working for Marriott and she invited me to go with her down to a new place they had obtained and were in the process of revamping as a Marriott property.  It was down on Coronado Island, which is where the Miramar AF Base is where they do the Top Gun flight training.

I hadn't been to a resort in quite some time, so I was all for it, since the rates were super affordable and all, and we went to tour The Hotel Del Coronado, which is a gorgeous place, and where the cousin of one of my reps at the time had her artwork on exclusive display in their in hotel art gallery, so I got to swing by and say I'd seen it

Anyhoo, we decided to stretch out on the beach near The Del and I discovered that in the sand down there, there is a TON of iron pyrite and while I was mentioning it to my friend, we heard the jets approaching and they flew right over us so close I could have counted the pilot's cavities...  But it was a damned impressive sight.

• Agree (+1) 1

oki
2 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Back in the day, I worked with a lady who had a part time gig working for Marriott and she invited me to go with her down to a new place they had obtained and were in the process of revamping as a Marriott property.  It was down on Coronado Island, which is where the Miramar AF Base is where they do the Top Gun flight training.

I hadn't been to a resort in quite some time, so I was all for it, since the rates were super affordable and all, and we went to tour The Hotel Del Coronado, which is a gorgeous place, and where the cousin of one of my reps at the time had her artwork on exclusive display in their in hotel art gallery, so I got to swing by and say I'd seen it

Anyhoo, we decided to stretch out on the beach near The Del and I discovered that in the sand down there, there is a TON of iron pyrite and while I was mentioning it to my friend, we heard the jets approaching and they flew right over us so close I could have counted the pilot's cavities...  But it was a damned impressive sight.

I don't know if it is fate or what.  But my entire life I have lived near an airport or airfield of some sort.  Current location is no exception. 

When we lived in Okinawa the junkyards just outside the main gate of Kadena are in the flight path.  You routinely see aircraft coming and going so low you can see the plates if not even rivets.  Hell, my Father in Law has a number of incredible SR-71 pictures from when they where operating out of there.  I have so pretty good F-15 photo's. 

Other memorable times have included a Bismarck ND airshow where a B-1 did a fly over and got so low it rattled dishes.  Having a twin engine swipe a couple houses on the street I grew up on(yes was living there at the time).  Getting thunked on the back of the helmet/head by a Chinook while we where doing sling load training at Fort Sill.  But, that's just me. 

Was always a treat to get to see F-15's doing training. 

• Like (+1) 1

Buckwheat Jones

I will be expecting these two self righteous pricks to disavow pelosis weekly tax payer funded flights across the country then. 

Joe, I’ve driven past your house here in St. Louis. It’s as big as a hotel. Don’t forget what economic system gave you the opportunity to live in it. 

Weaseljd
12 minutes ago, Buckwheat Jones said:

I will be expecting these two self righteous pricks to disavow pelosis weekly tax payer funded flights across the country then. 

Joe, I’ve driven past your house here in St. Louis. It’s as big as a hotel. Don’t forget what economic system gave you the opportunity to live in it. 

Joe Buck has always been a loony liberal so that is no shock he would say that.  Aikman, little more of a surprise but a lot of that is probably more due to him being an uninformed former jock.

And flyovers don't "cost" money.  Every time a pilot gets in the cockpit and flies his plane is valuable training time.  Our pilots are the best because we can afford to send them into the air to fly (at least when we have enough working planes which was not always true under Obama).  A lot of countries, a pilot completes training he or she is lucky to get a couple of hours a week (if that) actual air time.

• Like (+1) 1

USNJIMRET

Notice that Aikman called it a "Kamala-Biden" administration?

• Agree (+1) 2

Coach

Best place I coached and taught was Fort Walton Beach home to Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field. Best military kids in schools and all kinds of aircraft 24/7. We loved it. 

• Like (+1) 1

oki
3 hours ago, Buckwheat Jones said:

I have always found it 'funny' that people scream about inequality but yet seem to forget that there are numerous people who get paid MILLIONS each year to play a freaken' game or pretend to be someone else.  Many times more than those whose jobs are vital to this nation.  More than person who designs or builds Schools, Hospitals, Bridges(etc), more than nearly all Doctors, Nurses, Police Officers, Military Members, hell, more than the President of The United States of America.  Maybe clowns like these two should lead by example take a pay cut, give up their lavish lifestyle and lead by example.  Notice how not a one of the a$$hates who scream about 'inequality' is willing to do this?  Guess they must think they are some how different than anyone else who worked hard and earned their rich lifestyle. 

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Severian
1 hour ago, Coach said:

Best place I coached and taught was Fort Walton Beach home to Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field. Best military kids in schools and all kinds of aircraft 24/7. We loved it. 

I used to have to go up to Ft. Walton a lot for work. I was up there one time over the Christmas holidays right after 9/11 with my wife's family. Several times I noticed F-15s coming in to land or going out, and noted that they all had full weapons loads for air to air plus drop tanks. Not the routine training mission load. Made you realize they were out flying CAP missions.

I grew up on SAC bases, I've seen B-52s so low you could read the Goodyear on the tires, that'll rattle your house. We were stationed up in Panama City once, lived in a little duplex off base. Back then they could break the sound barrier whenever they wanted it seemed, we kept a stack of jalousy (SP?) window glass in the closet, at least once a month we'd get a boom that broke one of them. Never bothered us.

The anti-flyover thing is crap, anti-military hatred showing through. Pilots need training missions, so many hours a month of stick time. Might as well get it in a way that shows off and lets people see these magnificent machines.

• Agree (+1) 3

E Van der Vliet

I bumped into Aikmen (literally) a whole lotta yers ago at a Dallas bar.  He was an censored then, and is an censored now.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

I have no idea who Joe Buck is, and don't really care. Sounds like a nitwit.

As for Aikman, I inherited my father's hatred for the Dallas Cowboys, LOL, so I don't care about him either. I have no idea where my father's hatred for the Cowboys came from, but I know where mine came from: Him.

So Buck & Aikman are halfwits? Shrug.

:shrug: 

• Agree (+1) 1

Severian

There's a series I see advertised on Pluto TV, something about the making of Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. There's a short scene in the teaser for it showing this woman who's older, obviously a trainer, saying to this girl, in a disparaging tone, "Have you ever held a pair of pom poms in your life?" That alone is almost enough to make me watch!

MontyPython
45 minutes ago, Severian said:

There's a series I see advertised on Pluto TV, something about the making of Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. There's a short scene in the teaser for it showing this woman who's older, obviously a trainer, saying to this girl, in a disparaging tone, "Have you ever held a pair of pom poms in your life?" That alone is almost enough to make me watch!

Yeah, LOL, I discovered in high school that cheerleaders have great pom-poms.

Oh wait . . . you mean those stringy puffy things they hold in their hands?

Nevermind.......

;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

BootsieBets
2 hours ago, MontyPython said:

I have no idea who Joe Buck is, and don't really care. Sounds like a nitwit.

As for Aikman, I inherited my father's hatred for the Dallas Cowboys, LOL, so I don't care about him either. I have no idea where my father's hatred for the Cowboys came from, but I know where mine came from: Him.

So Buck & Aikman are halfwits? Shrug.

:shrug: 

Between the two of them they would only be a halfwit, so that would make each of them a quarterwit? :confused:

• Haha (+1) 3

USNRETWIFE

As you know, my husband retired from the Navy.  We lived right under the landing pattern at  Naval Air Station Alameda, CA.  We knew to stop talking on the phone whenever we heard one coming because no one would be able to hear us.  We used to stop what we were doing to watch the many times the Blue Angels flew over San Francisco.  My Navy brats grew up knowing what the "sound of freedom" is.  Freedom even for jackasses who disparage our military that protects their freedom to make millions.  Luckily there is no more NFL in this house, so I don't have to watch or hear the idiots.

On another note, I have to brag.  We were in Pierre, SD to watch a Trump boat parade about a month ago.  As soon as the National Anthem started, my 5 year old Army brat great grandson, stopped what he was doing, stood up and put his hand over his heart, without any adult directing him to.  Most military kids have more class than these two ungrateful airheads.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

The Punisher

Here is a good explanation of flyovers from an actual fighter pilot. It's about 14 minutes but is worth watching.

MontyPython
1 hour ago, BootsieBets said:

Between the two of them they would only be a halfwit, so that would make each of them a quarterwit? :confused:

LOL. Love it! That's worth a +1

:lol: 

47 minutes ago, USNRETWIFE said:

As you know, my husband retired from the Navy.  We lived right under the landing pattern at  Naval Air Station Alameda, CA.  We knew to stop talking on the phone whenever we heard one coming because no one would be able to hear us.  We used to stop what we were doing to watch the many times the Blue Angels flew over San Francisco.  My Navy brats grew up knowing what the "sound of freedom" is.  Freedom even for jackasses who disparage our military that protects their freedom to make millions.  Luckily there is no more NFL in this house, so I don't have to watch or hear the idiots.

On another note, I have to brag.  We were in Pierre, SD to watch a Trump boat parade about a month ago.  As soon as the National Anthem started, my 5 year old Army brat great grandson, stopped what he was doing, stood up and put his hand over his heart, without any adult directing him to.  Most military kids have more class than these two ungrateful airheads.

What a great kid. Seems you raised him right.

:2up: 

grimreefer
4 hours ago, Severian said:

There's a series I see advertised on Pluto TV, something about the making of Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.

I'm only aware of it because Hot News Natalie is a producer of the show. :wub:

zurg
11 hours ago, oki said:

First time I went to an air show here in Florida was at the Stuart regional airport. They did F-15 flyovers with the vertical 2 mile climb. When they came low over the airport and took off straight up, and this was not long after 9-11, maybe a couple of years, the announcer said, “do you know what that is? It’s the sound of FREEDOM!” I got goosebumps hearing him say that, it was awesomely patriotic feeling, and I wasn’t even born here. 

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
9 hours ago, USNJIMRET said:

Notice that Aikman called it a "Kamala-Biden" administration?

Exactly what I was gonna say. Those jerks are already assuming it too. Everyone knows that’s why Pelosi brought up the 25th. Even Trump mentioned it. 

oki
19 minutes ago, zurg said:

First time I went to an air show here in Florida was at the Stuart regional airport. They did F-15 flyovers with the vertical 2 mile climb. When they came low over the airport and took off straight up, and this was not long after 9-11, maybe a couple of years, the announcer said, “do you know what that is? It’s the sound of FREEDOM!” I got goosebumps hearing him say that, it was awesomely patriotic feeling, and I wasn’t even born here. 

You really need to go to Oshkosh EAA.  One year they had an F-18 showing his stuff.  Not just speed, damn thing came to a near hard stop, yanked the stick back, pitch it straight up and boom!  WOW.  Or the bank and slam the brakes on, also damn impressive.  Was also awesome to see a couple of the DC-3's actually used in D Day do a re enactment flight(last year/75th Anniversary of D Day).  Other memorable moments include a small air show at the Bismarck N.D. airport in 89'.  Note to self, DO NOT WHERE SHORTS anywhere near an active flight line/run way.  Was standing beside an Aircraft speaking with the Pilots talking some about the craft(I think it was a T-86 they where both Air Force Pilots).  When an old Russian Korean War Bird was very slowly taxing.  He turned, of blew the poor pilots cups of beer and needless to say of to the side I and other person jumped.  Like I said, that was the day I learned NEVER WEAR SHORTS near an active flight line.  

• Agree (+1) 2