To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Facebook Declares War on the Babylon Bee

Rate this topic

kestrel

Just one of the most glaring cringe worthy characterizations of the left is their lack of anything like a sense of humor that Psychiatric Professionals attribute to an "unsmiling unceasing total occupation with 'Self"

Kestrel...

pjmedia.com

SHOCK: Facebook Declares War on the Babylon Bee

Tyler O'Neil..Oct 20,2020

On Tuesday, Facebook stood by its decision to demonetize the Christian satire site The Babylon Bee over a satire article regurgitating a witch joke from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Facebook claimed that the article “Senator Hirono Demands ACB Be Weighed Against A Duck To See If She Is A Witch” actually “incites violence.” The social media platform demanded that the Babylon Bee edit the article and not speak publicly about the review, but Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon went public.

“So after a manual review, Facebook says they stand by their decision to pull down this article and demonetize our page. I’m not kidding. They say this article ‘incites violence,'” Dillon tweeted. “It’s literally a regurgitated joke from a Monty Python movie!”

“In what universe does a fictional quote as part of an obvious joke constitute a genuine incitement to violence?” the CEO asked. “How does context not come into play here? They’re asking us to edit the article and not speak publicly about internal content reviews. Oops, did I just tweet this?”

Dillon told PJ Media that the Babylon Bee expected Facebook to reverse its actions once a person reviewed the article.

“We fully expected that once a real person reviewed the article, they’d see that it’s just a rehashed Monty Python joke put out there by a satire site. It literally couldn’t be more silly or harmless,” he said. “But they stuck with their original ruling and want us to edit the article before they’ll reinstate monetization on our page. Needless to say, we won’t be doing that.”

“This situation raises a serious question about double standards,” Dillon told PJ Media. “How fairly does Facebook enforce these standards? A Black Lives Matter leader recently said they’ll ‘burn down this system’ if change doesn’t happen. That’s allowed on Facebook. You can quote it. You can link to it. But you can’t rehash a Monty Python joke about burning a witch at the stake?”

“Facebook says in their community standards that they take context into account when evaluating threats and incitements to violence. The evidence here suggests otherwise,” he argued.

LINK:...https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/10/20/facebook-demonetizes-babylon-bee-saying-acb-monty-python-joke-incites-violence-n1072750

Currahee!

........it could be an African swallow.......

• Haha (+1) 2

BARman29

Only if it's favorite color is green. I mean blue!

• Haha (+1) 2

zurg

I see Facebook turning into the black knight on this topic. 

Thankfully, I’ve never had a Facebook account. Bragging about my kids and work and places I’ve been never appealed to me, so it was an instant dislike. A divorce prior to matrimony. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
2 hours ago, zurg said:

Thankfully, I’ve never had a Facebook account. Bragging about my kids and work and places I’ve been never appealed to me, so it was an instant dislike. A divorce prior to matrimony. 

Best thing I did in years was leave Faceberg.  I was followed by friends and family.  I'm working on the few remainers...

Goebbels had nothing on this bunch.  And they are this nation's future?  Frightening.

Howsithangin
2 hours ago, BARman29 said:

Only if it's favorite color is green. I mean blue!

because green is the color of the jungle, and therefore racist

Buckwheat Jones
3 hours ago, Currahee! said:

Or a bunny

MontyPython
3 hours ago, Currahee! said:

What, a swallow carrying a coconut?

42 minutes ago, Buckwheat Jones said:

Or a bunny

That's no ordinary rabbit! That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

:o 

• Haha (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental

The Federal Government needs to demonetize facebook. Split that misinformation system into 1000 baby books. This is the largest propaganda system on the planet.

• Agree (+1) 1

Currahee!
7 hours ago, MontyPython said:

What, a swallow carrying a coconut?

That's no ordinary rabbit! That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

:o 

.......Pray.....go and fetcheth the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.....

• Haha (+1) 1

MontyPython
12 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

.......Pray.....go and fetcheth the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.....

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

"Amen"

"Right! One . . . Two . . . Five!"

"Three, sir."

"Three!"

"Boom"

;) 

Edited by MontyPython
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

zurg

That Babylon Bee article doesn’t incite violence, FACEBOOK does. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Currahee!
55 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

"Amen"

"Right! One . . . Two . . . Five!"

"Three, sir."

"Three!"

"Boom"

;) 

Monty.....I bow before your greatness.....!

a query.....which knight actually threw the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?   Was it Brave Sir Robin?

Severian

King Arthur threw the Holy Hand Grenade. 

Tikk
12 hours ago, zurg said:

I joined when it first started.  Back when you had to have an email address from a college or university to join.  Used it for a few years while in college to coordinate study groups and the like. 

Subsequently was tied to all these recent college graduates.  Stopped checking into the account once I realized that it was mostly idiots posting pictures of what they were about to eat.

MTP Reggie
3 minutes ago, Tikk said:

I joined when it first started.  Back when you had to have an email address from a college or university to join.  Used it for a few years while in college to coordinate study groups and the like. 

Subsequently was tied to all these recent college graduates.  Stopped checking into the account once I realized that it was mostly idiots posting pictures of what they were about to eat.

Feature-Brisket-Big-Dish-Photo-Devon-Kni

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tikk
1 minute ago, MTP Reggie said:

Sliced from the other end and we can talk....

MTP Reggie
3 minutes ago, Tikk said:

Sliced from the other end and we can talk....

I do prefer the lean end myself. The other end is all yours...

zurg
9 minutes ago, MTP Reggie said:

I’m hungry.

Tikk
8 minutes ago, MTP Reggie said:

I do prefer the lean end myself. The other end is all yours...

Well, technically I'm more of a half and half kinda guy.  And for the moist part, it can't be the cheap stuff.

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Currahee! said:

Monty.....I bow before your greatness.....!

a query.....which knight actually threw the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?   Was it Brave Sir Robin?

49 minutes ago, Severian said:

King Arthur threw the Holy Hand Grenade. 

*DING*DING*DING*

Yup, Arthur himself threw the grenade.

As for anything resembling "greatness", LOL, there's a reason my username is Monty Python. There are only two other subjects I know as well as Monty Python stuff. Those are the Beatles and JRR Tolkien.

B) 

MontyPython

Oh yeah, and I'm hungry now too. :tongue:

No fair showing delicious food! And I'm another who prefers the fatty parts over the lean parts.

:shrug: 

Severian

There's a reason the Leftists at FB and Twitter hate the B so much. Remember Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals?

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

Now that the Right is getting in on the game...

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
17 hours ago, zurg said:

Me neither..nor twitter.

K..

SARGE
2 hours ago, kestrel said:

Me neither..nor twitter.

K..

Same here.

I'm considered by several friends and family to be antisocial.

Why on earth would I engage the social media crap?