RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Facebook Declares War on the Babylon Bee

Rate this topic

kestrel
1 minute ago, SARGE said:

Same here.

I'm considered by several friends and family to be antisocial.

Why on earth would I engage the social media crap?

Yep...Just not my thing...I could be wrong but it seems more like a "Girl Thing"..maybe guys just aren't that social..which might explain the low Testosterone Soyboi Manbun's?..or maybe we're just too freakin old to be interested:):):)

Kestrel...

Ticked@TinselTown

The Zuck has a little something in his eye...

MontyPython

Yup, I too am on the list of those who've never had a Facebook account, or Twitter, or Instagram, or any others. Never wanted to, never did, never will. RightNation is the closest I've ever come to anything of that sort.

B)

Severian
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

Yup, I too am on the list of those who've never had a Facebook account, or Twitter, or Instagram, or any others. Never wanted to, never did, never will. RightNation is the closest I've ever come to anything of that sort.

B)

Same here. Now if someone would invent anti-social media...

Get the hell off my lawn. :tantrum:

• Haha (+1) 1

JerryL
8 hours ago, MontyPython said:

*DING*DING*DING*

Yup, Arthur himself threw the grenade.

As for anything resembling "greatness", LOL, there's a reason my username is Monty Python. There are only two other subjects I know as well as Monty Python stuff. Those are the Beatles and JRR Tolkien.

B) 

I knew about the Beatles, but either did not know or forgot about Tolkien.  Another thing we have in common!

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Severian said:

Same here. Now if someone would invent anti-social media...

Get the hell off my lawn. :tantrum:

Now that I'd probably join. Or at least visit.

1 hour ago, JerryL said:

I knew about the Beatles, but either did not know or forgot about Tolkien.  Another thing we have in common!

If you love Tolkien, you'd love a project I completed years ago. I took all my Tolkien books (a couple dozen or so) and made the whole story readable from beginning to end. Lemme explain:

You start reading at the beginning of the Silmarillion, where the Ainur sing the world into existence, and keep reading until you get to a page where there's a handwritten note in the margin. The note will direct you to a specific page in another book, where certain details which were left out of the Silmarillion are included. Reading from that point in that book you will eventually reach a page with another handwritten note, directing you to another page in another book. Sometimes it's back to where you left off in the previous book, sometimes to another book. All you have to do is follow the instructions in all the margin-notes and you will read the entire saga from the creation of the world to the end of the Lord of the Rings.

Took me years to complete, but it was worth it.

I'm so steeped in Tolkien that years ago I hosted a panel at Seattle's annual "NorWesCon" called "Who Wants To Be A Silmarillionaire?" It was the hit of the weekend.

:D 

• Agree (+1) 2

zurg
2 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Now that I'd probably join. Or at least visit.

If you love Tolkien, you'd love a project I completed years ago. I took all my Tolkien books (a couple dozen or so) and made the whole story readable from beginning to end. Lemme explain:

You start reading at the beginning of the Silmarillion, where the Ainur sing the world into existence, and keep reading until you get to a page where there's a handwritten note in the margin. The note will direct you to a specific page in another book, where certain details which were left out of the Silmarillion are included. Reading from that point in that book you will eventually reach a page with another handwritten note, directing you to another page in another book. Sometimes it's back to where you left off in the previous book, sometimes to another book. All you have to do is follow the instructions in all the margin-notes and you will read the entire saga from the creation of the world to the end of the Lord of the Rings.

Took me years to complete, but it was worth it.

I'm so steeped in Tolkien that years ago I hosted a panel at Seattle's annual "NorWesCon" called "Who Wants To Be A Silmarillionaire?" It was the hit of the weekend.

:D 

Sounds really cool. I’ll mention this to my wife, she’s also really into Tolkien. Thanks for that anecdote (who said they are worthless? :lol:). 

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot

I closed my FB account because that company is just an arm of the left.  Their practices are biased, unfair and hostile towards conservatives, so they can go pound sand for all I care.

I'm perfectly capable of staying in touch with friends and family without that POS.

• Agree (+1) 1