To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

California Gov Bans Thanksgiving: Can Only See Your Family for 2 Hours, And No Singing

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

California Gov Bans Thanksgiving: Can Only See Your Family for 2 Hours, And No Singing

https://www.lifenews.com/

CORTNEY O'BRIEN  

OCT 28, 2020  

Article:

If you live in California, Thanksgiving is going to look a lot different this year, and be a lot less fun. The California Department of Public Health released its new guidelines for Turkey Day, and each rule is more insane than the last.

See below for some of the more outlandish guidelines that Californians will have to comply with next month as they try to kick off the holiday season.

All gatherings must include no more than three households, including hosts and guests, and must be held outdoors, lasting for two hours of less.

“The longer the duration [of the gathering], the risk of transmission increases,” the statement noted.

“Gatherings that occur outdoors are significantly safer than indoor gatherings. All gatherings must be held outside. Attendees may go inside to use restrooms as long as the restrooms are frequently sanitized,” the statement added. (Newsweek)

The guidelines come as Gov. Newsom reports that COVID cases and hospitalizations in California are trending up “slightly” and the 7-day positivity rate is also experiencing “modest” increases.

The CDPH adds that citizens can remove their masks while they’re eating or drinking, or for health reasons, such as if the individual is feeling light-headed or needs to use their asthma inhaler.

That’s not even the most nonsense part. The guidelines also advise Californians to avoid “singing, chanting, and shouting.” In fact, they advise against any physical activity whatsoever.

Full Story

• Haha (+1) 2

ThePatriot
4 minutes ago, oki said:

And I honestly thought this was going to be another Bee article.

That was my first thought as well.

Can't say that I'm totally surprised that it's true though.

• Agree (+1) 2

firecoco

And don't forget to put your mask back on between bites

• Haha (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Try to enforce it. :lol:

I triple dog dare them.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

oki
6 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

That was my first thought as well.

Can't say that I'm totally surprised that it's true though.

Wanna' bet this fool is going to act like Chicago's mayor and will have no issue with BLM protests or any type of mass gathering if it is anti Trump?

• Agree (+1) 3

mliff1

This guy has lost his marbles, if he ever had any.

• Like (+1) 1

moocow

Well, first, according to the article, they’re guidelines... which, to me, implies suggestions. Non-enforceable. 

And of course, being Gavin “hair gel” Nuisance, the guy who couldn’t even run a lemonade stand, no surprise on the asinine suggestions. 

Next, I see the brown shirts in the health dept are reveling in their 15min of fame. They just won’t give it up. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

unless you're an illegal, then you and yours can gather and enjoy your government provided goodies without worry, because as you, and we have been told countless times, being an illegal is a human right and you cannot be subjected to the law of the land you illegally inhabit...

Way to go, Governor Nuisance!

• Agree (+1) 3

puttputt

You people out in California having fun yet?

• Agree (+1) 1

Confessor
2 hours ago, oki said:

Funny how close the Babylon Bee stories are to reality.  Hard to tell the difference anymore. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird

A "ban" and "guidelines" are two different things.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree (-1) 6

oki
35 minutes ago, Confessor said:

Funny how close the Babylon Bee stories are to reality.  Hard to tell the difference anymore. 

Terrifying anymore.

RedSoloCup
16 hours ago, mliff1 said:

This guy has lost his marbles, if he ever had any.

He's a communist Democrap, he never had any to begin with.

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
14 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

unless you're an illegal, then you and yours can gather and enjoy your government provided goodies without worry, because as you, and we have been told countless times, being an illegal is a human right and you cannot be subjected to the law of the land you illegally inhabit...

Way to go, Governor Nuisance!

Yep, the illegals, Antifa/BLM will get an exemption. 

MontyPython
18 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Yes, that's true. Nonetheless, anybody who would suggest such guidelines must be brain dead.

B) 

• Agree (+1) 2

Tikk
21 hours ago, moocow said:

Well, first, according to the article, they’re guidelines... which, to me, implies suggestions. Non-enforceable. 

And of course, being Gavin “hair gel” Nuisance, the guy who couldn’t even run a lemonade stand, no surprise on the asinine suggestions. 

Next, I see the brown shirts in the health dept are reveling in their 15min of fame. They just won’t give it up. 

18 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Wrong.  They are rules.

Here they are:  Guidance for Private Gatherings

Excerpts (emphasis mine) :

All persons planning to host or participate in a private gathering, as defined above, must comply with the following requirements.

All gatherings must be held outside.

A gathering of no more than three households is permitted in a public park or other outdoor space, even if unrelated gatherings of other groups up to three households are also occurring in the same park or other outdoor space.

For any gatherings permitted under this guidance, the space must be large enough so that everyone at a gathering can maintain at least a 6-foot physical distance from others (not including their own household) at all times.

The list goes on.

Words like "shall" and "must" are not happy, fuzzy, ambiguous suggestions.  They are state mandated rules.

And for penalties for non-compliance:

Yolo County businesses face $10,000 fines for ignoring coronavirus safety rules

(Source: LA Times)

Excerpt (emphasis mine):

Fines can range from $250 to $10,000 for businesses, depending on the “gravity of public health risk posed by the violation,” according to county officials. Individuals can be fined anywhere from $25 to $500.

Edited by Tikk

Ladybird
5 hours ago, Tikk said:

Wrong.  They are rules.

Here they are:  Guidance for Private Gatherings

Excerpts (emphasis mine) :

The list goes on.

Words like "shall" and "must" are not happy, fuzzy, ambiguous suggestions.  They are state mandated rules.

And for penalties for non-compliance:

Yolo County businesses face $10,000 fines for ignoring coronavirus safety rules

(Source: LA Times)

Excerpt (emphasis mine):

Those penalties are for restaurants, not your family's Thanksgiving dinner at grandmas.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Tikk
16 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Those penalties are for restaurants, not your family's Thanksgiving dinner at grandmas.

Please read the LA Times section:  "Individuals can be fined anywhere from $25 to $500."  

It's in the post you replied to.  Hell, I even highlighted it.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
On 10/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, oki said:

Wanna' bet this fool is going to act like Chicago's mayor and will have no issue with BLM protests or any type of mass gathering if it is anti Trump?

And he’ll act like Michigan Governor’s husband to whom state rules don’t apply. HIS thanksgiving will be all night, mask free, and probably pants free. 

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

The left first says: “we’re gonna do X”

The left next says: “we never said we’re gonna do X”

The right (some of them at least) says: “here’s proof that you said you’re gonna do X”

The left: silence. Their media: bury the story. 

And we Americans are supposed to be okay with that???? FU. 

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
18 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Yes, that's true. Nonetheless, anybody who would suggest such guidelines must be brain dead.

B) 

They are, in Kalifornia. 

DJGoody
On 10/28/2020 at 1:55 PM, oki said:

That was exactly my thought when I read the headline.  

DJGoody
15 hours ago, Tikk said:

Please read the LA Times section:  "Individuals can be fined anywhere from $25 to $500."  

It's in the post you replied to.  Hell, I even highlighted it.

What is is with Leftists and their constant love and defense of totalitarianism? 

zurg
44 minutes ago, DJGoody said:

What is is with Leftists and their constant love and defense of totalitarianism? 

They perversely think they can’t be targets and instead they somehow benefit. 

Additionally, their behavior is exactly what is said about the Palestinians. They hate their enemy (Trump; conservatives) more than they love their own families. 

When we truly understand the depth of that, we understand how to combat them. 

• Agree (+1) 3