E Van der Vliet

Democrats fear they lost Pennsylvania

Rate this topic

E Van der Vliet

Don Surber
Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Link

Lititz, Pennsylvania, a town of 9,458 people, easily tripled its population on Monday when Air Force One landed at its airport for a rally by barn-storming President Donald John Trump.

The experts all say Pennsylvania is lost to The Donald. Nate Silver says Biden will win easily by 5 points.

Overall, N8 Ag gives President Trump a 12% chance of re-election.

But President Trump keeps holding rallies, people keep showing up, and a good time is had by all.

This makes reporters nervous because he is a wild and entertaining man. Jokes are reported as straight news. Victor Fiorillo of Philadelphia attended a Trump rally in January and he was horrified to meet people who support the president. They are outside his ken.

Fiorillo ended his story, "He’ll turn 18 in time to vote in his first election, and he’ll be voting for Trump. I asked him what he hopes to hear from Trump at the rally. He seemed to think about it for a moment, and then he shook his head.

"'Honestly, I just really want to be in the room with the man,' he told me. 'He’s like a rock star … I just hope that I get in.'

"Hours later, he texted me this photo from his well-earned seat:

"'Congrats!' I replied.

"And then I signed off for the night and went to bed, but I didn’t sleep well at all."

Many of his fellow elitists in the media are not sleeping well. They realize that their past 4 years of lies, manipulations, and exaggerations about the 45th president were fruitless.

Shawn McCreesh, an editorial assistant at the New York Times, wrote on Tuesday, "Can We Trust Pennsylvania’s Polls?"

I do not link pay sites.

He visited Bensalem, Pennsylvania, and wrote, "Polls show Mr. Biden leading by five to 13 points, but I grew up around here and am dubious. This place — the land of hoagies and Bradley Cooper and Rocky Balboa worship and Tina Fey’s 'Cousin Karen' accent — has transmogrified into Trumplandia."

I have no idea what the Cousin Karen accent is. But judging by Fey's work on Sarah Palin, I imagine it is less than sophisticated.

There is a Trumplandia, but there is no Bidenistan is there? That seems like a problem to me.

McCreesh wrote, "On Sunday, I went back to visit the neighborhood I grew up in, in Hatboro, where the most febrile of Fox News talking points are in bloom on many of the front lawns. One house, belonging to Richard Gottshall, is in a league of its own. Hand-painted posters sprout like weeds from every corner of his yard. 'We the people are tired of the dirty Demo-rats,' says one. 'Liars idiots troublemakers news media as well the best is yet to come.'

"Mr. Gottshall, a retired carpenter and volunteer firefighter, said that some 20 like-minded people had congregated on his lawn that morning to show support for their candidate. His neighbor was not pleased about the gathering."

Yes, it was one of those cringe-worthy burn-my-bridges columns.

He asked, "Is the Trumpmania here restricted to a fortissimo minority circling the drain, or is it a blinking red warning sign that the polls are, once again, badly discombobulated?

"One thing is for sure: It is a florid expression of how many Americans feel alienated from the system. They were here last time and they will remain here no matter what happens on Tuesday."

He visited Lochel Bakery where they sell cookies in a pastry poll. The score was Trump 18,241, Biden 3,367.

Link

Edited by MTP Reggie
Fixed formatting

E Van der Vliet

Pennsylvania is the key state this election go round, IMO.  If Trump can win Pennsylvania, he wins the election.

NH Populist

What?!  Democrats are fearful?  They don't give that impression when the odds are 10 to 1 in their favor and they're beating the crap out of some guy wearing a Trump hat!   Or when they vote in congress to support legislation that allows the killing of an unborn child!   But yes Lefties, be very fearful.   The day you've been dreading is fast approaching and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it!   You've had your turn for the last 3.5 years, now it's time to get the hell out of the way so Trump and his supporters can undo the mess you've created...

Edited by NH Populist
  • Like (+1) 1

ThePatriot
2 hours ago, E Van der Vliet said:

Pennsylvania is the key state this election go round, IMO.  If Trump can win Pennsylvania, he wins the election.

Then take heart, my friend, another Trump victory is on the way! :salute:

• Like (+1) 1

Specs

Oh I think the President will win all the States he won in 2016 and pick up a couple more and the media created national popular vote.

The data just does not support any other conclusion. Granted data and human nature do not always meet at the middle, but it would take a massive swing and millions of people lying about their support in the internal polling data to make it a Biden victory.

My only caveate is that the white voter support for the President is fluctuating depending on the polling firm. It is as low as 49% and as high as 55%. If it is 55% and the minorities come through at their average we should see a electoral win similar to 1984. If it is the lower end then we will get something similar to 2016.

Ben Cranklin
3 hours ago, E Van der Vliet said:

Shawn McCreesh, an editorial assistant at the New York Times, wrote on Tuesday, "Can We Trust Pennsylvania’s Polls?"

He visited Bensalem, Pennsylvania, and wrote, "Polls show Mr. Biden leading by five to 13 points, but I grew up around here and am dubious. This place — the land of hoagies and Bradley Cooper and Rocky Balboa worship and Tina Fey’s 'Cousin Karen' accent — has transmogrified into Trumplandia."

I have no idea what the Cousin Karen accent is. But judging by Fey's work on Sarah Palin, I imagine it is less than sophisticated.

There is a Trumplandia, but there is no Bidenistan is there? That seems like a problem to me.

See, this seems like a problem to me, even though it's a side note to the main point of this OP...

Look at the condescension this "Shawn McCreesh, an editorial assistant at the New York Times" has for his actual hometown. Being a native New Yorker (a smaller and smaller breed, what with all the transplanted Shawn McCreeshes, as well as foreign born immigrants), I see this kind of person all the time: someone from "flyover country" (a term probably one of them invented) who couldn't wait to move to a coast where he or she can look down on the kinds of places he or she actually came from. New York being a media capital, some of them get jobs in industries where their perspective seeps into film, TV, and printed news and entertainment, and it gives New Yorkers a bad name. Most native New Yorkers (like Trump) DON'T have that attitude towards the rest of the country. I know I don't; I LOVE America.

Anyway, sorry for the distraction. Yes, I certainly hope Trump wins PA. And FL and OH and any other key state. 

Edited by Ben Cranklin
  • Best Post (+1) 1

Tikk

The article ends with this:

Instead of investigations and impeachments, Democrats should have spent the last 4 years concentrating on voter registration and making appeals to Trump supporters.

And this is the key Democrat mistake.  Their constant attacks failed to remove Trump.  Moreover, they searched for anything to tie Trump to the Russians.

And they couldn't.

After years, millions of dollars, and countless man-hours, nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

And the fact that they couldn't, further bolstered Trump's legitimacy (well other than certain individuals who believe everything that comes from Rachel Maddow's, Don Lemon's, and other ilk's mouths).

They lost.

Spectacularly.

And Trump won.

And the left's reaction has not been measured, it hasn't been sane, and most importantly, it hasn't been convincing.

I'm starting to have fun again!

This is like watching an old Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote (who may or may not been involved in human trafficking from Mexico) cartoon.  Where every single attempt by the Left doesn't only fail, it blows up spectacularly in their faces. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

zurg
22 minutes ago, Ben Cranklin said:

See, this seems like a problem to me, even though it's a side note to the main point of this OP...

Look at the condescension this "Shawn McCreesh, an editorial assistant at the New York Times" has for his actual hometown. Being a native New Yorker (a smaller and smaller breed, what with all the transplanted Shawn McCreeshes, as well as foreign born immigrants), I see this kind of person all the time: someone from "flyover country" (a term probably one of them invented) who couldn't wait to move to a coast where he or she can look down on the kinds of places he or she actually came from. New York being a media capital, some of them get jobs in industries where their perspective seeps into film, TV, and printed news and entertainment, and it gives New Yorkers a bad name. Most native New Yorkers (like Trump) DON'T have that attitude towards the rest of the country. I know I don't; I LOVE America.

Anyway, sorry for the distraction. Yes, I certainly hope Trump wins PA. And FL and OH and any other key state. 

That was no distraction Ben. Excellent post! Great observations. A certain negative, no fun, angry, unforgiving, guilt-seeking, finger-pointing type of insecure personality tends to become leftwing. Plus those they dupe with their empty promises. 

• Agree (+1) 1

E Van der Vliet
55 minutes ago, Tikk said:

The article ends with this:

And this is the key Democrat mistake.  Their constant attacks failed to remove Trump.  Moreover, they searched for anything to tie Trump to the Russians.

And they couldn't.

After years, millions of dollars, and countless man-hours, nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

And the fact that they couldn't, further bolstered Trump's legitimacy (well other than certain individuals who believe everything that comes from Rachel Maddow's, Don Lemon's, and other ilk's mouths).

They lost.

Spectacularly.

And Trump won.

And the left's reaction has not been measured, it hasn't been sane, and most importantly, it hasn't been convincing.

I'm starting to have fun again!

This is like watching an old Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote (who may or may not been involved in human trafficking from Mexico) cartoon.  Where every single attempt by the Left doesn't only fail, it blows up spectacularly in their faces. 

After 2016 you would think they would try some old fashioned retail politicking. But nope, they go after the shiny object and come up with a slug. ;)

Severian

The more I see, the more I think Robert Silverberg's novel "The World Inside" was prophetic in the extreme. Published in 1971, it describes a future world where the population is divided into urban and rural, in that most of the population lives in urban monads, or urbmons, tall skyscrapers that hold 1,000,000 people each. Whenever the population gets to about 1.2 mil or so, they pull about 500k out of it and move them to another urbmon. The urbmons are surrounded by large swaths of rural farms that produce the food to support the urbmons. The novel focuses on the differences between the society and cultures of the two areas. There is an almost inconceivable gulf between the two, something we see occurring today between the coastal cities and "flyover" country.

zurg
3 minutes ago, Severian said:

The more I see, the more I think Robert Silverberg's novel "The World Inside" was prophetic in the extreme. Published in 1971, it describes a future world where the population is divided into urban and rural, in that most of the population lives in urban monads, or urbmons, tall skyscrapers that hold 1,000,000 people each. Whenever the population gets to about 1.2 mil or so, they pull about 500k out of it and move them to another urbmon. The urbmons are surrounded by large swaths of rural farms that produce the food to support the urbmons. The novel focuses on the differences between the society and cultures of the two areas. There is an almost inconceivable gulf between the two, something we see occurring today between the coastal cities and "flyover" country.

Sounds interesting... I’ll check it out 

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
4 hours ago, E Van der Vliet said:

They are called the "Keystone state". :yes:

CO_Patriot

Gee, people who say they wan to ban fracking, defund police and have mass riot a week before the election over a guy who was shot charging police with a knife on drugs after multiple warnings, are scared they may have lost PA?  Get right out of town!

• Haha (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

You know that the dumbascraps rioting looting and burning PA is a testament that they know that they are losing there?

Dumbascraps are so freakin' stupid because they actually believe that violence, intimidation and threats will convince the people to see it their way and then agree with them and their agendas.

They are so unaware that others resent them and their petulant childish behavior because they think that only they are entitled to be righteously outraged about anything.

Noclevermoniker
57 minutes ago, Tabla_Man said:

Gee, people who say they wan to ban fracking, defund police and have mass riot a week before the election over a guy who was shot charging police with a knife on drugs after multiple warnings, are scared they may have lost PA?  Get right out of town!

Both SloJoe and Bernie have tweeted out condolences for the perp and scorn on the cops. Bern went so far as to call it moider. Cops have called out the DoucheBoys and reminded Joe he has no support from police. 

Edited by Noclevermoniker
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
3 hours ago, Severian said:

That kinda reminds me of the movie, Judge Dredd, with Karl Urban...

As for Democratic fears, would they be behind the huge push by the MSM to say that Sniffles is waaaaay ahead in the battleground states? 

oki

After 2016 you would think they would try some old fashioned retail politicking. But nope, they go after the shiny object and come up with a slug. ;)

Simply put, reliable Dem states like WI, MI, and PA that went Trump in 2016 did so because the small town folk showed up in huge force and it canceled out the Blue voters of the population centers.  IE Milwaukee and Madison is what has made WI blue,  WI is about 5 million people.  Between the Milwaukee and Madison areas it doesn't even constitute but maybe %15 percent of the population.  Places like Green Bay, Appleton, Wausaukee, Pound, Niagra, Kaukana, Wausau are what gave Trump WI in 2016.  AND, will give him WI again in 2020.   From what I have seen with my own eyes if anything he has even MORE SUPPORT in those same areas know then what he did in 2016.  This is evident not just by the difference in number of signs but also of the people displaying signs or flags those displaying Trump signs/flags tend to be larger.  IE a farmer with a very large mini bill board on the sign of the road.  A Trump flag just under old Glory and a M.I.A./P.O.W. flag.  Yes, a handful of large Biden signs here and there.  But I have yet to even see a Biden flag in these parts.

Trump supporters are far more enthusiastic as well.  In short many who are voting for Biden are doing so not because they support Biden, but because they simply hate Trump.  The overwhelming majority of Trump voters do not like Biden one damn bit, but at the same time very much like or support Trump.  In other words not a spite vote.  Historically spite voting doesn't work.  I think since WWII there has really only been one time where it did work.  1976.  Otherwise, it hasn't.  Let's be honest in 08, 12 Obama had far more enthusiasm among his supporters than did McCain or Romney.  Same thing with Bush in 2000 and 04 vs Gore and Kerry.  Same thing with Clinton in 92 and 96 vs Bush I and then Dole, and overwhelmingly same thing with Reagan vs Carter and then Mondale.  And, in 88' Bush I had more enthusiasm than Dukakis.  A person can go back and see it is a huge deciding factor.  Compare the energy of rallies etc. 

• Agree (+1) 1

E Van der Vliet
1 hour ago, oki said:

Simply put, reliable Dem states like WI, MI, and PA that went Trump in 2016 did so because the small town folk showed up in huge force and it canceled out the Blue voters of the population centers.  IE Milwaukee and Madison is what has made WI blue,  WI is about 5 million people.  Between the Milwaukee and Madison areas it doesn't even constitute but maybe %15 percent of the population.  Places like Green Bay, Appleton, Wausaukee, Pound, Niagra, Kaukana, Wausau are what gave Trump WI in 2016.  AND, will give him WI again in 2020.   From what I have seen with my own eyes if anything he has even MORE SUPPORT in those same areas know then what he did in 2016.  This is evident not just by the difference in number of signs but also of the people displaying signs or flags those displaying Trump signs/flags tend to be larger.  IE a farmer with a very large mini bill board on the sign of the road.  A Trump flag just under old Glory and a M.I.A./P.O.W. flag.  Yes, a handful of large Biden signs here and there.  But I have yet to even see a Biden flag in these parts.

Trump supporters are far more enthusiastic as well.  In short many who are voting for Biden are doing so not because they support Biden, but because they simply hate Trump.  The overwhelming majority of Trump voters do not like Biden one damn bit, but at the same time very much like or support Trump.  In other words not a spite vote.  Historically spite voting doesn't work.  I think since WWII there has really only been one time where it did work.  1976.  Otherwise, it hasn't.  Let's be honest in 08, 12 Obama had far more enthusiasm among his supporters than did McCain or Romney.  Same thing with Bush in 2000 and 04 vs Gore and Kerry.  Same thing with Clinton in 92 and 96 vs Bush I and then Dole, and overwhelmingly same thing with Reagan vs Carter and then Mondale.  And, in 88' Bush I had more enthusiasm than Dukakis.  A person can go back and see it is a huge deciding factor.  Compare the energy of rallies etc. 

Ayup

oki
23 minutes ago, E Van der Vliet said:

Ayup

In a way it reminds of the whole how the Media loved Clinton in the 90's and soooo... did the Military.

Yeah like hell we did....   I should know, I was active duty from Aug of 92 to Aug of 01.  And, most of that time I was stationed in Japan(Okinawa).

In the late spring of 2000 it was announced that Clinton would be appearing/making a speech on one of the bases.  Well, didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it would be the Camp Foster parade grounds.  Short of using a run way on Kadena this was really the only place.  I remember the 'mad scramble' the holy crap that a handful(and I do mean handful) of people made.  Their excitement etc etc.  At first it was a better bring your I.D., having your dog tags on(even if you are in regular clothing) make sure your spouse has their I.D.'s, we are expecting huge numbers, buses will be running from designated parking lots to the parade grounds etc etc etc.   I think it was maybe mid may when it changed to parking won't really be a problem, but do make sure to have your I.D.,  by early July the same people who where damn near pi$$ing there pants with glee where pretty much trying to beg or convince people to go.   That night all I heard was crickets, and, at the time we lived in Futenma Housing which was/is maybe at most a half mile away.  Oh CNN, was there, but all that made the news was a very quick blip.  Very little panning of the crowd, why?  Because turn out was absolutely abysmal, reporters and staff tried to down play the look on Bill's face as being due to being tired, Jet Lag, time difference etc.  But, those of us who where there know the truth.  That being 30,000+ service members, another couple thousand in dependents, D.O.D. Civilians, as well as Japanese employees delivered a nice big F.U. by not showing up!  To someone like B.J. Billy who was 'loved everywhere he went' this was such a surprise.  To this day many years later I am proud to be part of that middle finger given that night.

You can see for yourself.  Just forward to about 25 seconds.

Edited by oki
Added video clip

zurg
10 hours ago, E Van der Vliet said:

Pennsylvanians hope they lost democrats. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
9 hours ago, NH Populist said:

What?!  Democrats are fearful?  They don't give that impression when the odds are 10 to 1 in their favor and they're beating the crap out of some guy wearing a Trump hat!   Or when they vote in congress to support legislation that allows the killing of an unborn child!   But yes Lefties, be very fearful.   The day you've been dreading is fast approaching and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it!   You've had your turn for the last 3.5 years, now it's time to get the hell out of the way so Trump and his supporters can undo the mess you've created...

Since the POTUS can't be re-elected we shall see a different Trump. So I think the kiddy gloves will be coming off and some people may find a renewed FBI with a different director.

• Agree (+1) 2

JerryL
2 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Since the POTUS can't be re-elected we shall see a different Trump. So I think the kiddy gloves will be coming off and some people may find a renewed FBI with a different director.

My thoughts, too.  I hope the crack down on the violent racists and anarchists will be swift and decisive.  If he wins, you know they are going to come out in droves.  Stop. It. Right. There.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
2 minutes ago, JerryL said:

My thoughts, too.  I hope the crack down on the violent racists and anarchists will be swift and decisive.  If he wins, you know they are going to come out in droves.  Stop. It. Right. There.

Exactly. That’ll be the opportunity. 

And then the democrats, if they have the House, will start impeachment 2. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
22 minutes ago, JerryL said:

If I have to deal with them where I live it will suck for them, I will ensure they aren't going to be out on bail right after they are put in jail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

NH Populist
17 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

He's also gone to school the last 4 years and keenly aware of who our enemies are.   Leftists know, and Hillary said it best, if Trump wins, they're ALL going to hang from nooses!