To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
BrandonInFlorida

Cannot Post

Question

BrandonInFlorida

I joined yesterday.  Immediately after joining, I made one or two posts in existing threads - no more than that.  When I tried to make another post, I received a message saying I could not post again for a number of seconds equal to about 43 minutes.  Is this normal?

2 answers to this question

MTP Reggie
3 hours ago, BrandonInFlorida said:

I joined yesterday.  Immediately after joining, I made one or two posts in existing threads - no more than that.  When I tried to make another post, I received a message saying I could not post again for a number of seconds equal to about 43 minutes.  Is this normal?

The group you are currently in by default is "Registered Guest". After ten posts, you move to the "Community Supported Member" group and have fewer restrictions. And of course, if you were to choose to donate, you would immediately move into one of those groups and have essentially no restrictions except for following the rules.

The effect of having the two groups below reduces the amount of trolling posts from disruptors, by limiting Registered Guests to one an hour.

Welcome to RN!

Link

Registered Guest

New users who have registered. They can view all public forums, but their posting privileges are limited to 1) one post per hour, 2) cannot create new topics or edit posts, and 3) cannot use the IMG tag. (Regrettably, we are forced to do this to have some control over problem posters who come solely to be disruptive.) 4) cannot post in the MORE category of forums. Personal Messaging, Emailing, anything involving a search function or personal profiles is disallowed, as are other benefits given to Community Supporters. Once 10 posts have been made, you will be promoted to a Community-Supported Member.

Community-Supported Member 

This group of users can post replies to any public forum, with no limit; they can create new topics in all forums of the Briefing category. Personal Messaging is activated, but with a very small storage of five messages. Posting images, emailing, anything involving a search function, and viewing other's personal profiles is disallowed, as are other benefits given to Community Supporters.

BrandonInFlorida

Very clear thank you  and thank you for the welcome.