The Exemption in Gov. Newsom's Lockdown Order That Exposes Its Absurdity

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

The Exemption in Gov. Newsom's Lockdown Order That Exposes Its Absurdity
Leah Barkoukis| @LeahBarkoukis
Posted: Nov 20, 2020 7:15 AM 
Townhall

<More Here>

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday announced a “limited Stay at Home Order” beginning Saturday for one month.

“Non-essential work and gatherings must stop from 10pm-5am in counties in the purple tier,” Newsom said.

In a statement, he noted that it was the same as his March lockdown order but was only taking place during the seven-hour window.

The order affects people in 41 counties, including Napa, which is where he attended an indoor dinner party with zero social distances and zero mask-wearing. He later called that decision a “mistake.”

"The virus is spreading at a pace we haven't seen since the start of this pandemic and the next several days and weeks will be critical to stop the surge. We are sounding the alarm," Newsom said in a statement. “It is crucial that we act to decrease transmission and slow hospitalizations before the death count surges. We’ve done it before and we must do it again.”

But as Deadline noticed, the order appears to exclude people in the entertainment industry, listing them as essential workers, which was not the case in the March order.

Found listed under the Industrial, Commercial, Residential, and Sheltering Facilities and Services tab, the order excludes “Workers supporting the entertainment industries, studios, and other related establishments, provided they follow covid-19 public health guidance around physical distancing,” if remote work is not possible. 

(snip)

<More Here>

USMCforever60

Hmmmm "Entertainment Industry"? One wonders if Captain "Hair-Gel" is getting a hummer for services rendered?

Ticked@TinselTown

Newsome is a freaking talking head tool...

Mhcom_max_headroom_guidetolife_front.jpg

Hieronymous

The lockdown means nothing.  Even the zombies who infest this state have had enough.

come-and-take-it-thanksgiving-est-1621-t

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
On 11/20/2020 at 5:46 AM, MTP Reggie said:

But as Deadline noticed, the order appears to exclude people in the entertainment industry, listing them as essential workers, which was not the case in the March order.

That's because they are getting together to raise money and conspire on how best to spread their tripe when people have gotten wise to their bullschitt

MontyPython

Hey, I'M in the "entertainment industry". I've made my living for decades by singing & playing guitar. Years ago it was in a semi-successful band, more recently as a solo artist. But that's what I do. That's how I make a few bucks here & there.

Well lemme tell you why Gavin "Hair-Gel" Newsome's "exception" makes no difference to somebody like me: When there's nowhere OPEN, there's nowhere for somebody like me to GET a gig. All the local places where I used to play & sing are no longer hiring "entertainment", because they just can't afford it.

<_< 

LeansToTheRight
6 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Hey, I'M in the "entertainment industry". I've made my living for decades by singing & playing guitar. Years ago it was in a semi-successful band, more recently as a solo artist. But that's what I do. That's how I make a few bucks here & there.

Well lemme tell you why Gavin "Hair-Gel" Newsome's "exception" makes no difference to somebody like me: When there's nowhere OPEN, there's nowhere for somebody like me to GET a gig. All the local places where I used to play & sing are no longer hiring "entertainment", because they just can't afford it.

<_< 

Oh man.  Another reason I need to make it up buy you a beer.  I’ll bring my guitar, and hopefully learn a thing or two from you.  :)

MontyPython
7 minutes ago, LeansToTheRight said:

Oh man.  Another reason I need to make it up buy you a beer.  I’ll bring my guitar, and hopefully learn a thing or two from you.  :)

Do it! I'd be glad to meet ya. :D 

But as for learning something, LOL, I mostly play very sloppy, use shortcuts, made-up chords and so forth. I slap the strings around & make them sound "close enough". Or at least that's how my playing has been described by people with better guitar habits than mine.

Well I never had any lessons or instruction or anything like that, so I kinda had to make it up as I went along.

:shrug: