To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
LongKnife

Sidney Powell: Will Prove Case 'Within Next Two Weeks' in Court

Rate this topic

kate318
2 hours ago, President-Elect E Vliet said:

Well, I just think she should show the evidence to ME before anyone else. ;) 

Tucker, is that you?

• Haha (+1) 2

kate318
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Federal judge dismisses Trump campaign lawsuit seeking to halt Georgia election certification

Trump appointed judge

🥱

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Federal judge dismisses Trump campaign lawsuit seeking to halt Georgia election certification

Trump appointed judge

The link doesn't work

• Agree (+1) 1

mjperry51
1 hour ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

As I've posted on another thread, *I* for one am NOT asking Powell & Co to show *ME* their cards; I'm asking them to show A COURT their cards, by way of a filing. Then we all can read the filing and render an opinion (And, yeah, I know: "Opinions are like buttholes - everybody's got one and they all stink". LOL)

It was earlier in the week on another thread as well that Zurg replied to me, based on Powell's interviews last Saturday, something like:

"Have patience, she's said she'll have something by Friday"

To which I said something like:

"Yeah, Okay, I can sit on my hands until Friday".

Well, okay, today is that Friday. It is PAST Friday, in terms of being able to file anything, at least on the east coast.  And all I see is Sidney Powell kicking the can down the road another two weeks. I've HAD patience, yet all I see on the legal landscape is bupkis. And there is a very REAL deadline coming up in two weeks, the Dec 8 so-called "Safe Harbor" date. From the time she used the phrase "Irrefutable Evidence" on Lou Dobbs last Saturday until Dec 8th? 1/3 of that is already gone.

1 hour ago, searcher said:

I am in agreement on this. And since I don’t know.....if the proof (let’s say absolute no doubt at all that there was enough phony votes that Trump easily won) doesn’t come out ‘till after the deadline can he still be declared winner or is he screwed?

Mark

Ok

E Van der Vliet
33 minutes ago, kate318 said:

Tucker, is that you?

😂 Good one!!

zurg
2 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

As I've posted on another thread, *I* for one am NOT asking Powell & Co to show *ME* their cards; I'm asking them to show A COURT their cards, by way of a filing. Then we all can read the filing and render an opinion (And, yeah, I know: "Opinions are like buttholes - everybody's got one and they all stink". LOL)

It was earlier in the week on another thread as well that Zurg replied to me, based on Powell's interviews last Saturday, something like:

Well, okay, today is that Friday. It is PAST Friday, in terms of being able to file anything, at least on the east coast.  And all I see is Sidney Powell kicking the can down the road another two weeks. I've HAD patience, yet all I see on the legal landscape is bupkis. And there is a very REAL deadline coming up in two weeks, the Dec 8 so-called "Safe Harbor" date. From the time she used the phrase "Irrefutable Evidence" on Lou Dobbs last Saturday until Dec 8th? 1/3 of that is already gone.

Do you think they will file with courts in various states? Simple yes/no answer please, no essays, if possible just this one time? 

• Haha (+1) 2

zurg
2 minutes ago, JerryL said:

I know that my position on this has been misinterpreted and, even after the press conference and the press berating, it hasn’t changed.  
The democrats are corrupt, morally bankrupt criminals bereft of any ethics whatsoever.  That is known and has been known for decades.  They aren’t even hiding it anymore.  There have been bombshells and overwhelmingly evidence and smoking guns and obvious crimes over and over and over and NOTHING has come from them.  The Dems do bad <censored>, the press actively covers for them, and the deep state refuses to prosecute them.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don’t expect the President’s team to “show me” personally anything.  That is not where “quit talking and show me results” and “put up or shut up” come from.  Those sentiments come from having lived this before over and over and even when the crime and the guilt are plain to see (HRC), some deep stater (for example Comey) comes out and independently adds something to the law (like we didn’t find intent) and the criminal skates.

I took a look at the MSM a bit following the media slapfest from Powell and Giuliani.  It had zero effect.  “Repeating debunked theories,” “unsubstantiated claims,” “no evidence of significant voter fraud.”

I applaud them in their efforts and wish them success, but I will wait until I see success before getting exciting.  The media theater means nothing without results.

Did you watch the press conference from yesterday? The whole 1hr and 31minutes? 

I did. I posted about it.

It was fantastic. The media’s claims that there was nothing is a HUGE LIE. 

Please watch it. CSPAN3. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
4 hours ago, mjperry51 said:

:thud:

Do all of you screaming for Powell and Co. to show you their cards before they file in court understand anything? Why would they reveal their evidence to the public BEFORE they do the court filing?

Sure - let's just let everyone and their brother (the media, the Democrats, dirty state election officials, Dominion, et al) know what their case is based on ahead of time, so they can begin planning their response, hide or destroy evidence that might be revealed in discovery, and give the MSM weeks to try and destroy the case even before it gets in front of a judge?

Friggin unbelievable. . . 

I can't wait for the mad smiley troll to hit this post.

This is what I have been saying too.

Thanks for saying it! :2up:

Too many people think it's all about them and what they want and they have no regards for the legal aspects to it and that revealing all of the evidence to the public in advance will jeopardize the case.

The smiley troll has been thumbs downing too and when he gets banned he comes right back again to the same posts and does it over again.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Confessor said:

I believe that they are accumulating a “truth bomb” of evidence. Which do you think would be more effective: a slow trickle of evidence that can easily be brushed away by the media and big tech, or an avalanche of evidence hitting at the speed of a freight train that can not be easily brushed aside?  With the short attention span of people these days, a slow trickle would be covered over quickly and forgotten.  A “yuuuge” pile of affidavits, statements, pictures, and other evidence will be harder to just make go away.  

Good point.

They will let the court filings and charges be that truth bomb though.

That way it will be harder for the media to lie and spin the printed court documents.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

3 hours ago, President-Elect E Vliet said:

Well, I just think she should show the evidence to ME before anyone else. ;) 

Okay, Tucker. <_<

j/k :P

• Agree (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kate318 said:

Tucker, is that you?

Ya beat me to it! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ThePatriot said:

The link doesn't work

Neither does her "logic".  :no:

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
1 hour ago, zurg said:

Do you think they will file with courts in various states? Simple yes/no answer please, no essays, if possible just this one time? 

Nope.  Probably about 30-45 minutes in total.

I know the media lies.  I already said that.  My point is that going on the media and doing what even Powell said was “court of public opinion” does nothing.  It has pretty much zero impact.  You either care that the left cheats and will do or say anything to advance their agenda, or you don’t.  The press does not.  They provide top cover for the deceit.

Until a legal proceeding holds someone accountable, this is nothing more than media theater.  

• Agree (+1) 4

Howsithangin
8 hours ago, Coach said:

The Dominion rats have hightailed it for the sewers. It only takes one to flip in order bring em down. 

And ZERO curiosity from numerous corners.  What are they running from?

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
7 hours ago, mjperry51 said:

Do all of you screaming for Powell and Co. to show you their cards before they file in court understand anything? Why would they reveal their evidence to the public BEFORE they do the court filing?

Sure - let's just let everyone and their brother (the media, the Democrats, dirty state election officials, Dominion, et al) know what their case is based on ahead of time, so they can begin planning their response, hide or destroy evidence that might be revealed in discovery, and give the MSM weeks to try and destroy the case even before it gets in front of a judge?

This

• Haha (+1) 1

Howsithangin
7 hours ago, Dutch13 said:

That should be simple enough to do since all the Rino's in the republican controlled senate have been confirming Trump appointed judges non-stop since January 2017.

If you were a conservative, which you claim to be <pause for laughter> you would welcome this.  But no, to viewed this as an opportunity for snark, a shot against the very people whom you claim to support. I've called this out on you before.  

You're a fraud.

In another thread you espouse that we need to return to our principles and not the person.  Hypocrite.  Flaming hypocrite you are.

Trump has espoused conservative principles by ACT more than any president since Reagan.  Yet you have not given him one syllable of support or positive.  It has been a nonstop barrage of negativity and character assassination since 2016.

It is YOU, not us, who is caught up on Trump as the individual. Show us where he touched you, Dutch.  This level of cognitive dissonance is usually reserved for our lefty posters.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
5 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I am not a trial lawyer, but even I see the wisdom in not showing one's hand until the trial.  Show the evidence, and The Left-Media will try the business in the court of public opinion with selected releases, character assassination, actual assassination (Seth Rich anyone?). No. Let them stew in it a while, so they don't know where the hits are going to come from.

Patience

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
7 hours ago, mjperry51 said:

It did, as predicted

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

donsaliman

I am sick and tired of hearing, wait, and we will prove Trump won, all I hear are words.

In books and movies the good guy won and the bad guy lost, but in real life, that does not ring true.

Edited by donsaliman
  • Haha (+1) 1

kestrel
7 hours ago, DJGoody said:

Yes, I understand.  We Conservatives can all agree that this election was stolen.  That is obvious.  I hope Trump's lawyers can prove it without a shadow of doubt.  The issue is that we are playing basketball and the other side is using 10 players to our 5.  

So...almost a fair fight?:):)

Kestrel...

• Haha (+1) 1

zurg
2 hours ago, JerryL said:

Nope.  Probably about 30-45 minutes in total.

I know the media lies.  I already said that.  My point is that going on the media and doing what even Powell said was “court of public opinion” does nothing.  It has pretty much zero impact.  You either care that the left cheats and will do or say anything to advance their agenda, or you don’t.  The press does not.  They provide top cover for the deceit.

Until a legal proceeding holds someone accountable, this is nothing more than media theater.  

I agree that a legal filing is required. Giuliani knows that. Powell knows that. They’ve said they’re filing. I don’t doubt them. They’ve never claimed that talking to the media accomplishes what they need to accomplish. I think they are complete pros at this. 

But I respect your and others’ right to be doubtful. Of course. I just disagree with those who say “Barr” and “Durham” and “other lawsuits”. This team isn’t them. It is entirely unfair to compare those other things to this team. This team has clearly presented the outline of their plan. They’ve told us they have evidence, they have witnesses and affidavits, they’ve been preparing to file, they know they’ve pretty much got one shot in each state so they’re being as careful as time allows so there won’t be more time wasted on fixing things. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
2 hours ago, zurg said:

I agree that a legal filing is required. Giuliani knows that. Powell knows that. They’ve said they’re filing. I don’t doubt them. They’ve never claimed that talking to the media accomplishes what they need to accomplish. I think they are complete pros at this. 

But I respect your and others’ right to be doubtful. Of course. I just disagree with those who say “Barr” and “Durham” and “other lawsuits”. This team isn’t them. It is entirely unfair to compare those other things to this team. This team has clearly presented the outline of their plan. They’ve told us they have evidence, they have witnesses and affidavits, they’ve been preparing to file, they know they’ve pretty much got one shot in each state so they’re being as careful as time allows so there won’t be more time wasted on fixing things. 

I am not doubtful that they are going to be filing.  I am not doubtful that they actually have considerable evidence.  What I am doubtful of is that there will actually be something that will come of this.

You can't simply discount Barr and Durham and other lawsuits and the HRC investigation and the fraudulent persecutions of people like General Flynn, that despite there being NO CHARGES, are still being pursued.   That is what makes people like me say, "Great, I will congratulate you Powell and Giuliani and team when you get results."

Until then, the proclamations and and media posturing mean nothing.  All the evidence and proof in the world means nothing if the justice system does nothing about it and if no one is held accountable.  

That's all I am saying.  

• Best Post (+1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
10 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

I am not a trial lawyer, but even I see the wisdom in not showing one's hand until the trial.  Show the evidence, and The Left-Media will try the business in the court of public opinion with selected releases, character assassination, actual assassination (Seth Rich anyone?). No. Let them stew in it a while, so they don't know where the hits are going to come from.

Patience

But that's not how the procedure works. You can't just whisper in a Judge's ear, "Psst, Hey Judge, give me a hearing on this matter and I'll tell you all about it when I get there".  First you've got to file, which becomes a public record that even the other side gets to see. That filing needs to have enough "substance" to get taken seriously. Generally, a filing in a situation like this needs to establish several things up front, right there in in front of God and everybody:

A. That the other side committed a "wrong", supported by sworn affidavits or at least a list of the evidence you're prepared to show at a hearing. (It's fair game to mention what you expect to (additionally) find in "Discovery", but never EVER tell a judge that you ALREADY have something that you don't (yet) have.)

B. That this "wrong" created a specific "Harm" - (A wrong that creates a harm is called a "tort") - and that but for that harm the situation might have ended differently.

C. That there's a specific "remedy" - outline what you believe it to be - that the court has the authority and means to impose.

D. And that the "Remedy", in resolving this specific tort, won't create a LARGER harm.

Point "B" is why the Trump lawyers withdrew their lawsuit in Maricopa Co AZ a week or so ago. YES, maybe there were several hundred (I don't recall the exact number) of invalid ballots. But... "So What?". It wouldn't have changed anything in a county that he lost by thousands.

Points "B" and "D" are exactly why Lin Wood's suit here in GA got thrown out. YES, I'll stipulate that every single point he made in the filing was technically correct. YES, I'll stipulate that  maybe following the 'Absentee' rules arising from the consent decree was wrong; YES, the 2018 court erred in "Legislating from the Bench" rather than merely kicking it back to the State Legislature.  But... "So What?". He couldn't establish ("B") that any actual harm was created or that ("D")  the cure wouldn't have been worse than the disease..

EtA: So I'll say it before anyone else does: True that I'm not (yet) a lawyer; still working (part time) on that degree at Emory. But I know there are actual lawyers here on RN. I'll defer to anyone with a JD or better: Am I right or Am I right?

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2