To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Moderator T

While You Were Focused on The Kraken, the Senate Continued Confirming Trump Federal Judges

Rate this topic

Moderator T

While You Were Focused on The Kraken, the Senate Continued Confirming Trump Federal Judges

William A. Jacobson  

Legal Insurrection

11/19/20

EXCERPT:

Mitch McConnell long ago promised to leave no federal court vacancy unfilled by the end of Trump’s first term. Depending on what happens in the next three weeks, this may be Trump’s only term and McConnell has continued moving judicial nominations through to confirmation.

Needless to say, Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are not happy, particularly as Republican’s move to fill a vacancy on the First Circuit caused by the death of a judge, and the vacancy on the 7th Circuit caused by Amy Coney Barrett joining the Supreme Court.

Bloomberg News cries:

Senate Republicans are racing ahead with post-election judicial confirmations, breaking a 123-year tradition against voting on judicial nominees of an outgoing president of the defeated party during a lame duck session.

The Senate has confirmed six district court nominees since reconvening after the Nov. 3 election that saw Democrat Joe Biden defeat President Donald Trump. Trial court nominees confirmed this week included another Trump nominee rated unqualified by the American Bar Association.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) also wants to confirm Trump’s two remaining circuit picks whose nominations arose after Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s elevation to the Supreme Court from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the death of a First Circuit judge….

We’re going to run through the tape,” McConnell said to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt after Barrett’s confirmation on Oct. 30. “We go through the end of the year, and so does the president.”

The next roll call votes are scheduled for Nov. 30.

Axios notes that the senate just confirmed the youngest District Court judge:

(Full Story)

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin

Excellent news. Thanks for posting. We need good news right now

• Agree (+1) 2

aldojon

If dumbocraps were in charge they would do the same.  And the idea of lame duck session is media driven.   Even the famed rbg ( may she rot) said the president is president for 4 years not 3. 

• Agree (+1) 2

NH Populist
7 hours ago, Moderator T said:

Needless to say, Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are not happy, par fill a vacancy on the First Circuit caused by the death of a judge, and the vacancy on the 7th Circuit caused by Amy Coney Barrett joining the Supreme Court.

I suppose you could say the same thing about Republicans at having the presidential election turned into the fiasco of the century.

Hieronymous

I'm still focused on the Kraken.

ray_harryhausen_s_clash_of_the_titans___

rustinone
2 hours ago, Hieronymous said:

ray_harryhausen_s_clash_of_the_titans___

Is that a madame speakers head?!?!?

Dean Adam Smithee
7 hours ago, Hieronymous said:

I'm still waiting to SEE the Loch Ness Kraken in a way that can't be dismissed as a mere shadow. I don't want a Biden-Harris presidency; I WANT Trump to have won this fairly and squarely. I HOPE Powell et al have something. But wanting and hoping doesn't make it so. Each day that goes on, each time the Trump team gets yet another of the now 20-some lawsuits thrown out, I am increasingly leaning towards an "Alternate Theory of the Crime":

That, however good of a lawyer(s) Sidney Powell et at might be, that they're being "gaslighted" by one or more parties whose sole objective is to sow discord (And it's being remarkably effective, heck look at all the Republicans now at each other's throats here in GA). Offer up "Irrefutable" evidence to Team Trump, then pull it back every time they get 10' inside a courtroom door. Like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown. Like getting a Cat to chase a dot from a laser pointer only to vanish when you let go of the button. Like Krakens turning into mere shadows.

Think about it. 20-some lawsuits so far. 20-some instances of a kraken vanishing into the shadows the moment the lawyers get 10' inside a courtroom door.

As our good friend Z--- would say: "What are the odds?"

EITHER the Trump team hired the law firm of "Larry, Moe, and Powell", and I don't really believe that beyond personally disliking Giuliani,  OR there's something else afoot.

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1