pepperonikkid

Report: Democrat vying for Senate in Georgia received thousands from Al Jazeera

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Report: Democrat vying for Senate in Georgia received thousands from Al Jazeera

https://conservativeinstitute.org/

November 19, 2020

Article:

One of the Democratic candidates in Georgia’s January runoffs has come under fire for financial ties both to China and to a media outlet that has been accused of promoting extremism.

Senate hopeful Jon Ossoff received thousands of dollars from the Qatari-owned company Al Jazeera, Fox News revealed in a smoking gun report Wednesday.

“How can Georgians trust him?”

Ossoff’s film production company, Insight TWI, produces and licenses out documentary videos. According to Fox, financial disclosure forms filed by the Democrat’s campaign this July showed Ossoff’s company received at least $5,000 from Al Jazeera, a controversial news outlet that critics say promotes terrorism and anti-Semitism.

The outlet aired video from Osama Bin Laden in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, and last year it shared a video that questioned the historical facts of the Holocaust, Fox reported.

Insight TWI also reportedly received money from a company with ties to communist China that is opposed to the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong, PCCW Limited.

In light of the news, the Republican incumbent in Ossoff’s race, Georgia Sen. David Perdue, accused the Democrat of taking money from “America’s enemies.”

“He’s shown abysmal judgment, working with China’s Communist government who failed to contain COVID-19 — a fact that he tried to hide from voters — and a company known as a ‘mouthpiece for terrorists,'” Perdue’s campaign said in a statement, according to Fox. “How can Georgians trust him to stand up to China and America’s enemies while he’s being paid by them?”

Full Story

• Haha (+1) 1

Howsithangin

No surprise here. The democrats are the muslim party, after all.

I'll agree with democrats with the concept of election finance reform.  It's the details where we part ways.

My suggestion:

On a local, state and national level, campaign donations to a particular race must be limited to those residing within that electoral district. For Athens GA assembly, only donations from those who reside in Athens, as well as Athens-based companies.  For GA senate, only $$ from residents of GA, and GA-based companies.  For President, only US residents and US-based companies.  

I see the benefit would be to limit the disproportionate effect of rich leftists from NY and CA and from overseas companies without residence

thoughts?.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
34 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

No surprise here. The democrats are the muslim party, after all.

I'll agree with democrats with the concept of election finance reform.  It's the details where we part ways.

My suggestion:

On a local, state and national level, campaign donations to a particular race must be limited to those residing within that electoral district. For Athens GA assembly, only donations from those who reside in Athens, as well as Athens-based companies.  For GA senate, only $$ from residents of GA, and GA-based companies.  For President, only US residents and US-based companies.  

I see the benefit would be to limit the disproportionate effect of rich leftists from NY and CA and from overseas companies without residence

thoughts?.

Makes perfect sense to me.

:yes: 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

LongKnife
1 hour ago, pepperonikkid said:

“He’s shown abysmal judgment, working with China’s Communist government who failed to contain COVID-19 — a fact that he tried to hide from voters — and a company known as a ‘mouthpiece for terrorists,'” Perdue’s campaign said in a statement, according to Fox.

These are pretty much normal activities for any progressive Democrat/Marxist candidate. I don't see any news here. 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2