Multiple outdated voting machines found dumped outside of Savannah

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Multiple outdated voting machines found dumped outside of Savannah
by Nicholas Papadimas
Friday, November 20th 2020
Fox 28

<More Here>

SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTGS) — Multiple voting machines were found dumped on the side of the road in the Savannah area on Thursday.

However, state officials said the machines are outdated.

According to a Dahlonega, Ga. woman, the machines were found in a grassy area by the Blueberry Hill Bar & Grill on Dean Forest Road in Garden City.

She posted on Facebook about finding the machines.

The woman's post has over 1,000 comments on Facebook with over 4,600 shares as of Friday morning.

The Secretary of State's office said in a statement Thursday evening that they are continuing to investigate where the machines originated.

“The Secretary of State’s Office is looking into the circumstances of the discovering alongside a highway of a no-longer-used voting machine that appears to be part of a shipment of defunct equipment heading to storage at the Port of Savannah," SOS officials said in a statement. 

(snip)

<More Here>

• Haha (+1) 1

E Van der Vliet

From what I understand it was only one machine. This story is taking on a life of its own. 

People need to keep reality in check here. 

High emotions lead to mistakes.  

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
1 hour ago, President-Elect E Vliet said:

From what I understand it was only one machine. This story is taking on a life of its own. 

People need to keep reality in check here. 

High emotions lead to mistakes.  

Do you know that voting machines are controlled entities? Do you know that they are generally controlled by the local board responsible for the voting? They are secured and kept under lock and key. They are counted, inventoried and inspected before each use. Finding one dumped somewhere is quite the indicator. It could be a red herring or it could be a real machine. You never know, and I certainly do not trust the local political forces in Fulton County.

E Van der Vliet
1 hour ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Do you know that voting machines are controlled entities? Do you know that they are generally controlled by the local board responsible for the voting? They are secured and kept under lock and key. They are counted, inventoried and inspected before each use. Finding one dumped somewhere is quite the indicator. It could be a red herring or it could be a real machine. You never know, and I certainly do not trust the local political forces in Fulton County.

I live in Fulton county. And nope, don’t trust them either. 

However, the local story is one machine. They were kept in some facility in Savannah. 

Just trying to keep it real. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
7 hours ago, President-Elect E Vliet said:

I live in Fulton county. And nope, don’t trust them either. 

However, the local story is one machine. They were kept in some facility in Savannah. 

Just trying to keep it real. 

Yep and I fully trust the information that the media sources are putting out there. As should you! We should all believe it.

E Van der Vliet
2 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Yep and I fully trust the information that the media sources are putting out there. As should you! We should all believe it.

Yeah, like when they say “multiple machines,” right? ;)

Taggart Transcontinental
3 minutes ago, President-Elect E Vliet said:

Yeah, like when they say “multiple machines,” right? ;)

Exactly they probably found a few dozen and pointed to the old one that was obsolete.

zurg

I have no idea why or what it means that a voting machine or multiple voting machines were “found dumped along the road”. However, the ONLY thing I can say with certainty is that it was done on purpose for a purpose. 

A real journalist would know the same and begin to investigate, without a bias towards what the desired outcome would be. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
12 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

They WERE controlled entities. The one in the photo in the article is the old Diebold machines that GA purchased in '02 for a base price of about $4,800 that were the subject of a 2018 federal lawsuit in which a judge ordered them all replaced before this year's primaries. Now they're just 'eWaste' that you generally have to PAY someone to haul to a recycling center.

diebold.png

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
1 minute ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

They WERE controlled entities. The one in the photo in the article is the old Diebold machines that GA purchased in '02 for a base price of about $4,800 that were the subject of a 2018 federal lawsuit in which a judge ordered them all replaced before this year's primaries. Now they're just 'eWaste' that you generally have to PAY someone to haul to a recycling center.

diebold.png

Wow shocking you would race to this thread and make this sound like it's normal. First of all, in all government contracts there is a lifetime charge of sorts meaning when you contract something you budget the disposal of the item as well as the costs of maintenance over a lifecycle. Therefore, they ALREADY paid for the destruction of the devices when they purchased them. It's part of the contract. Secondly, you are attempting to make it seem normal that the government would just dump these items? Really? That's how I dispose of waste in my department, yeah I just drive down the road and toss them. Nothing to see here, just a city vehicle littering and disposing of waste items.

Are you so daft that you want to defend ANYTHING that is possibly a threat to our Republic? Who do you really work for?

• Like (+1) 1

zurg
36 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Wow shocking you would race to this thread and make this sound like it's normal. First of all, in all government contracts there is a lifetime charge of sorts meaning when you contract something you budget the disposal of the item as well as the costs of maintenance over a lifecycle. Therefore, they ALREADY paid for the destruction of the devices when they purchased them. It's part of the contract. Secondly, you are attempting to make it seem normal that the government would just dump these items? Really? That's how I dispose of waste in my department, yeah I just drive down the road and toss them. Nothing to see here, just a city vehicle littering and disposing of waste items.

Are you so daft that you want to defend ANYTHING that is possibly a threat to our Republic? Who do you really work for?

Adam, this was my first reaction too. Oh yeah, just another regular day, let’s see what we got, old voting machines by the side of the road, just like the other day!

Adam, I’m trying to give you a break but if you don’t see that your opinions are becoming pretty one-sided, I don’t know what to tell you. You’re starting to sound like Mitt Romney on a bad day. 

Ticked@TinselTown

I guess when they couldn't rig it they decided to ditch it...

Dean Adam Smithee
3 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

I doubt it was the gov't (Fulton Co) that dumped them.

I'm quite familiar with how counties dispose of stuff like this. You either PAY someone to haul it off or stack it on pallets and auction it off pallet by pallet. I've been to any number of such auctions. Sometime's I've paid $10 or $20 for a whole pallet of stuff just to get the 1 or 2 pieces I wanted and then what the heck do I do with the rest?

Typical city/county auction looks like this one currently by City of Knoxville TN:

GovDeals.com: Lot of 12 Pallets of Computers , Printers, Equipment and More (Starting bid $12)

453_5513_34.jpg

YES, even old voting machines - such as the ones in the OP that have NOTHING TO DO with the 2020 election - make it to these auctions sometimes.

Wired.com (2018): I bought Used Voting Machines on Ebay for $100 apiece. What I found was alarming.

LA Times (2011): 100+ Diebold voting machines, known for how easily they can be hacked, available now on EBay

Columbus (OH) Dispatch (2019): Students find new uses for old Ohio voting machines that shouldn’t have been sold to Dispatch

Ooooh, Lookee, here's an old one for sale right now, about the same vintage as the ones somebody tossed in GA:

Mercari.com: Diebold Voting Machine $200 + $9.99 shipping Tell me again, Taggart, about all the "security" and "controls" surrounding the things?

m99116238091_1.jpg?1605843256

• Best Post (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
50 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I doubt it was the gov't (Fulton Co) that dumped them.

I'm quite familiar with how counties dispose of stuff like this. You either PAY someone to haul it off or stack it on pallets and auction it off pallet by pallet. I've been to any number of such auctions. Sometime's I've paid $10 or $20 for a whole pallet of stuff just to get the 1 or 2 pieces I wanted and then what the heck do I do with the rest?

Typical city/county auction looks like this one currently by City of Knoxville TN:

GovDeals.com: Lot of 12 Pallets of Computers , Printers, Equipment and More (Starting bid $12)

453_5513_34.jpg

YES, even old voting machines - such as the ones in the OP that have NOTHING TO DO with the 2020 election - make it to these auctions sometimes.

Wired.com (2018): I bought Used Voting Machines on Ebay for $100 apiece. What I found was alarming.

LA Times (2011): 100+ Diebold voting machines, known for how easily they can be hacked, available now on EBay

Columbus (OH) Dispatch (2019): Students find new uses for old Ohio voting machines that shouldn’t have been sold to Dispatch

Ooooh, Lookee, here's an old one for sale right now, about the same vintage as the ones somebody tossed in GA:

Mercari.com: Diebold Voting Machine $200 + $9.99 shipping Tell me again, Taggart, about all the "security" and "controls" surrounding the things?

m99116238091_1.jpg?1605843256

I didn't say the diebold was being used. I doubt that they were all diebold. I also doubt that someone just tossed it there for anything benign such as disposal. Worst case it is a red herring designed to discredit others, at the best it's just some dirtbag that stole it from someone and then realized they had no use for it and dumped it.