To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
ThePatriot

Actor Scott Baio threatens to move to Utah to unseat Sen. Mitt Romney after his anti-Trump tweet

Rate this topic

ThePatriot

Actor Scott Baio threatens to move to Utah to unseat Sen. Mitt Romney after his anti-Trump tweet

NEWS NOVEMBER 20, 2020

"Maybe I'll move there... and unseat you."

LINK

Actor Scott Baio threatened to move to Utah in order to run against Republican Sen. Mitt Romney after he tweeted against the litigation the president was supporting to challenge the results of the 2020 election.

Romney tweeted a statement scolding the president after his legal team made accusations of a massive election fraud scheme in a media briefing on Thursday.

"Having failed to make even a plausible case of widespread fraud or conspiracy before any court of law, the President has now resorted to overt pressure on state and local officials to subvert the will of the people and overturn the election," tweeted Romney.

"It is difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action by a sitting American President," he added.

Baio, who is a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump, took issue with the statement and issued his own missive in response.

"Hey @MittRomney, beautiful golf courses in Utah......maybe I'll move there, play a few rounds and unseat you," tweeted Baio.

"P.S. My wife is still waiting for her $2600 refund. Remember your wife canceled that Beverly Hills political luncheon fundraiser? But your campaign kept the money," he added.

Baio received more than 8,000 retweets in support of his sentiment.

<snip>

LINK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitt's a traitor as a far as I'm concerned and it would be really freakin' hilarious if Baio actually pulled that off!  :lol: 

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

E Van der Vliet

Nobody in Utah is capable of beating him?

Has Mitt ever won a second term?

Edited by President-Elect E Vliet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

No one ever truly recovers from a betrayal.

I think alot of people in Utah would love to send a message to Rinomney, and having Chachi deliver it would be sweet.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Joe the Pagan
29 minutes ago, President-Elect E Vliet said:

I one in Utah is capable of beating him?

Has Mitt ever won a second term?

I don't think so.  Mitt used to be a Republican you could vote for.   He became a Rino when two things happened to him.  First when he tried getting more Republicans into the Massachusetts house and senate failed with every candidate he endorsed lost.  Second was when a ceiling tile fell from the roof of the big dig.  Suddenly all the years of bad oversight before he became Governor of Massachusetts became his fault.  

I think Mitt is running for President again.  Forgetting that if he actually won the primary the deepstate media would go back to calling him a knuckle dragging conservative.

If Baio runs I might have to donate to his campaign. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Ladybird

:biglaugh:

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Disagree (-1) 4
  • Agree (+1) 2

Moderator T

As long as Baio can win in the general, I'm fine with it.  If this is just going to be the right doing its usual cannibalism routine where they eat their own and then give the left more power, I have a problem.

• Best Post (+1) 1

mjperry51
25 minutes ago, Moderator T said:

As long as Baio can win in the general, I'm fine with it.  If this is just going to be the right doing its usual cannibalism routine where they eat their own and then give the left more power, I have a problem.

As if Romney is any better than a Democrat 

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Timothy

As usual, it's all about Trump's personal benefit.  He doesn't care if what he is doing is damaging American democracy or implodes the Republican party, he's protecting his "brand".  Probably so he can cash in after the election to recover from all his other failing business ventures.  He's a grifter and a con man and it's sad that so many people fall for it.

Edited by Timothy
  • Best Post (+1) 2
  • Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

LeansToTheRight
23 minutes ago, Timothy said:

As usual, it's all about Trump's personal benefit.  He doesn't care if what he is doing is damaging American democracy or implodes the Republican party, he's protecting his "brand".  Probably so he can cash in after the election to recover from all his other failing business ventures.  He's a grifter and a con man and it's sad that so many people fall for it.

You’re worried about someone using their Presidency as a cash making machine after they leave office?  Have you ever heard of Clinton or Obama?!?!?  Give me a freaking break.

• Best Post (+1) 3
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 3

zurg
55 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

What do you mean by "damaging American democracy"?

What does he mean with any of the garbage in that post?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 4

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
4 hours ago, Joe the Pagan said:

I don't think so.  Mitt used to be a Republican you could vote for.   He became a Rino when two things happened to him.  First when he tried getting more Republicans into the Massachusetts house and senate failed with every candidate he endorsed lost.  Second was when a ceiling tile fell from the roof of the big dig.  Suddenly all the years of bad oversight before he became Governor of Massachusetts became his fault.  

I think Mitt is running for President again.  Forgetting that if he actually won the primary the deepstate media would go back to calling him a knuckle dragging conservative.

If Baio runs I might have to donate to his campaign. 

I never liked Romney. He was ALWAYS a RINO.

I saw through all of his Northeastern RINO bullshidt from day one and I had called him out for it on this site long ago.

I hope that Baio does move to Utah and busts his ass out of office. The people of Utah (Mormons) should have known better than to elect that effing carpetbagger in the first place.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Moderator T
4 hours ago, mjperry51 said:

As if Romney is any better than a Democrat 

He is.  You might not like him, I might not like him, but literally filling a warm seat with a half loyal Republican is better than a Democrat. Every time.  The same goes for all of the other RINOs that "real conservatives" want to vote off the island at any cost.  And that ignores the fact that Romney does vote Republican most of the time.  He's far from perfect, but he's better than another Dem.

It all comes down to the mechanics of our government.  The majority party controls their half of Congress.  What does that mean?  That means setting the rules they operate by.  That means picking leadership.  That means controlling committees.  That means deciding who gets to be a judge and who doesn't.  That means literally controlling the legislative agenda of the nation.

Right now we're looking at losing the White House.   What is the Senate doing?  They're confirming judges with an ultra slim majority.  That's important work that wouldn't happen if just a couple of those wishy washy Republicans had lost their seats the last time around.  If and when Biden takes over, that slim majority is what will hold the line against Democrat policies.  That isn't something we could do if all we had was a dozen loyal conservatives holding the reddest districts in the nation.  It requires electing people who are actually wanted by their constituents, and sometimes that means not having perfect conservatives everywhere.

Now like I said, if Baio can beat Romney, and if he happens to be a good conservative, and if he can win the general, I don't have a problem with it.  Anything less than that - anything at all less than that hurts our cause.

• Agree (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Moderator T said:

Romney is NOT from the right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

3 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

On what planet do some people live where they actually believe there is a discernible difference between politicians of either party?

From my perspective, it is crystal freakin' clear that most politicians, regardless of party, are only in it for money and power and that they don't give a flying f@(k about their constituents, so nearly all of them can go to hell.

Trump, by EVERY MEASURE THAT MATTERS, has been a PHENOMENAL PRESIDENT - by far the best in my life time.  And Mitt spits in his face every chance he gets - well f@(k Mitt Romney.  He should just switch parties since he's aligned with the Democrats regarding Trump anyway.

He can just get the hell out of the Republican party as far as I'm concerned! :redhot: 

:yeahthat: :exactly:

Trump has surpassed Reagan in being the best president ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

Pure idiocy and outright lies right there.

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ThePatriot said:

Did you mean to post this pile of... opinion... in a different thread?  If not, how does Scott Baio potentially challenging Romney translate to this somehow being all about Trump's personal benefit? 

Additionally, you should consider actually doing some research before you post - it could save you some embarrassment.   

Leftards like him are incapable of embarrassment. They have no shame or concerns about their lying.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Natural Selection said:

What do you mean by "damaging American democracy"?

Yeah, considering that we never had any democracy in the first place?

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 4

Moderator T
2 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Romney is NOT from the right.

Okay.  His legislative record disagrees with you though.  Sure, he's not Mike Lee or Rand Paul or whoever you still find acceptable as a conservative.  But that doesn't make him AOC either.  There's a pretty wide area between those two options, and things like whether Amy Coney Barrett being on the Supreme Court or not depends on people like Romney.

• Confused 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

Natural Selection
Just now, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Yeah, considering that we never had any democracy in the first place?

It sounds like he was just mindlessly repeating some CNN talking points.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Moderator T said:

He is.  You might not like him, I might not like him, but literally filling a warm seat with a half loyal Republican is better than a Democrat. Every time.  The same goes for all of the other RINOs that "real conservatives" want to vote off the island at any cost.  And that ignores the fact that Romney does vote Republican most of the time.  He's far from perfect, but he's better than another Dem.

It all comes down to the mechanics of our government.  The majority party controls their half of Congress.  What does that mean?  That means setting the rules they operate by.  That means picking leadership.  That means controlling committees.  That means deciding who gets to be a judge and who doesn't.  That means literally controlling the legislative agenda of the nation.

Right now we're looking at losing the White House.   What is the Senate doing?  They're confirming judges with an ultra slim majority.  That's important work that wouldn't happen if just a couple of those wishy washy Republicans had lost their seats the last time around.  If and when Biden takes over, that slim majority is what will hold the line against Democrat policies.  That isn't something we could do if all we had was a dozen loyal conservatives holding the reddest districts in the nation.  It requires electing people who are actually wanted by their constituents, and sometimes that means not having perfect conservatives everywhere.

Now like I said, if Baio can beat Romney, and if he happens to be a good conservative, and if he can win the general, I don't have a problem with it.  Anything less than that - anything at all less than that hurts our cause.

Romney sucks ass and he was NEVER a conservative nor a loyal republican. EVER.

We are not losing shidt.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
1 minute ago, Moderator T said:

Okay.  His legislative record disagrees with you though.  Sure, he's not Mike Lee or Rand Paul or whoever you still find acceptable as a conservative.  But that doesn't make him AOC either.  There's a pretty wide area between those two options, and things like whether Amy Coney Barrett being on the Supreme Court or not depends on people like Romney.

In some ways MR is worse than AOC: at least with AOC you know what you’ll be getting (a Marxist) whereas with MR there’s no idea where his two neurons are pointing at any given time. 

• Agree (+1) 4